mtbr member
    Jul 2009

does anyone have a Tazer HT?

Hey guys

I'm trying to build a nice dirt jump bike to pose with since I don't know how to clear those things, but I can try... to look nice. Already have a 36 Float, Codes, will be using my DT 1750 wheels, all in white, and E13 cranks.

Comes down to two frames,
    Santa Cruz Jackals, white
    Intense Tazer HT, flat black
    (any attempts to to sway me away must include a better reason than just price, and that I suck and need to learn to bunny hop a 3 foot gap at 8 feet high before dumping 3g on a bike to clear those 8inch curbs)

Everyone who has a DJ which came from MTB roots has a Jackal, amongst other bikes, but I have searched high and low for a Tazer gathering and have found none. Did this bike just come out? So I'd like to know more about the Tazer, I have no information on it at all, and have only seen one intro vid and stock photos. I like the way it looks, definitely a nice bike to stand next to at the pump track, but how does it ride on the way there, with the seat up?

Is there anything new on a 2012? I want one in white, to compliment my flat black 303RDH and my flat black Guapo. I have just about enough of this black theme, you don't get to choose color on used bikes, but this one will be new. no red. Pearl white will look so pretty in the city. Girls will dig my ride, esp if I can put pegs on.

And one last thing, if I fall in the forest, but no one is around to hear me, did I scream? and does it hurt?
    Last edited by qqfob; 09-16-2011 at 11:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have one in red and my mate has one in black and I have to say as does everyone else that the red look so much better, I think this is mainly due to the graphics on the red compared to the black.

I have say I have only just started riding DJ's and 4X and the bike is perfect for me. Im 5' 10" and ride the small and its so easy to control. On the other hand the one of my friends rides a Nuke Proof Snap and it dont seam to be in the same league as the small is so much longer and harder to control.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I got the medium in red coming. I really want a small, but it wasn't available.

Do you want to trade?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    just wanted to leave this here...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails does anyone have a Tazer HT?-p4pb7324921.jpg  

does anyone have a Tazer HT?-p4pb7324920.jpg  

does anyone have a Tazer HT?-p4pb7324926.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    qqfob -NICE!!
    Here's mine - in black
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails does anyone have a Tazer HT?-dsc08217.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here's mine - orignal setup and with the finished setup, between waiting for the frame to come out and then the Alfine took almost 12 months to get it finished but was worth the wait
    Great ride and super tight back end.
    The red looks awsome however wished I had got the black version, the red paint is a bit fragile it chips if you stare at too hard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails does anyone have a Tazer HT?-gallery_3142_2_595606.jpg  

does anyone have a Tazer HT?-cimg0116.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    i agree the paint sucks, wish mine was black too but then i would have an all flat black lineup.

i also considered alfine or similar, but this bike is built of mostly spares

mtbr member
    Yea all my other stuff is black or raw, really wanted a raw one they stay looking good forever even after riding in the abrasive mud I get in the local forest.

Mine was a 50% spares, but I cant ride with standard gears systems now IGH ftw.

Especially good for a HT with sliding dropouts as no chain tensiner or chain guide required and I can run half link bmx chains.

Alfine was the "cheap" option, and it has worked out pretty good, had to get some custom dropouts made to accomodate the torque washer but glad I pud the effort in.
    The bolted rear end on the Alfine is a lot stiffer that the QR Rohloff I borrowed off another bike just to get a couple rides.

Just need find or build a local pump track.

A God Without A Name
    Okay... Alfine'd Tazer HT has been my strongest consideration for my next bike... glad to see it works!

mtbr member
    Agwan the Alfine work geat, but just to re-iterate before you go down this route I did need to get some custom dropouts made to take the torque washers, cost me a couple of beers
    2D drawing available if any one needs it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails does anyone have a Tazer HT?-cimg0065.jpg  

does anyone have a Tazer HT?-cimg0066.jpg  

does anyone have a Tazer HT?-cimg0075.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hi Guys,

Just want to order Tazer HT to start learning 4x and hard tail mini DH, but confuse on the size.

Based on Tazer advise, i m both in the range of Small and Medium size. So since it seems all of you have quite experience with your Tazer HT. Really need your advise?

Second, does anyone heard about the new Tazer HT 2012, any pics or review? why the price is significant higher than 2011's version (30% higher)?

Thanks

Ps: I am 170 cm ( 5 feet and 7 inches ) .

mtbr member
    5' 9" on the medium.
    I have long body short legs, and have always found the medium FS frames a perfect fit.
    Tazer HT feels a bit smaller I think due to the tighter back end, with a 50mm stem riding position and front end feels very similiar to the FS ....... nice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    the 2012 looks like slightly different graphics and $100 increase in price...

i'm 5'7 with a medium, but id like to try a small.

does anyone else have a problem with the back wheel shifting on impact?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks -jes and qqfob,

Hi qqfob, any specific issue why you want to try the small one? do you think the medium is hard to control ?

With regards to 2012 version, is there any change in material? is it worth to pay higher for 2012 version?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqfob View Post
    Got some movement with QR but running a bolted rear axel now feels very solid.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by qqfob View Post
    the 2012 looks like slightly different graphics and $100 increase in price...

i'm 5'7 with a medium, but id like to try a small.

no shifting on impact. There is a setscrew there to stop the sliding dropouts - you using it?

mtbr member
    The non drive side dropout can slide back a fraction away from the set screw.
    Ensure the dropouts and frame contact areas are grease/oil free.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Mine does anyone have a Tazer HT?-img_3545.jpgdoes anyone have a Tazer HT?-img_3546.jpgdoes anyone have a Tazer HT?-img_3547.jpgdoes anyone have a Tazer HT?-img_3548.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I'm running a 12mm axle on mine and it never moves.