mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Difference Between 26 and 275 Carbine Frames?

Is the only difference between the 26" and 27.5" frames the dropout?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes.

mtbr member
    Carbine SL has a different rear triangle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Are there any revisions to this frame for 2014, such as ISCG05 or internal cable routing?

Dude, got any schwag?
    Yes, All Carbine frames got an upgrade to ISCG05 & Stealth reverb routing. The Carbine29 & Spider 29comp also have internal brake & shifter cable routing.

Beware of old stock when you purchase if you require these features.

As stated by SD853, the Carbine SL is a dedicated 26er. (And a sweet frickin ride!)
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for your help, very informative where the Intense website seems to be lacking.

I notice that some people on the forums are having issues with the pivot bolts loosening. Does anyone know if this issue was addressed in the latest revision of frames, or is it ongoing? Do you guys think it's user error with folks not torquing to spec, or something else?

mtbr member
    You should always check your hardware on any bike, a drop or two of blue Loctite on the threads will do it. I'm not sure of the torque spec but I check them every four or five rides. The shoulder bolts only loosened up once when this frame was new.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Does anyone know if Intense offers a shock other than the CTD with the frame? Can you get a frame spec with a Monarch RC3+?

How about the Float X?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I am getting conflicting data about the second generation 275 specific Carbine frames.
    It is my assumption that the new frames do not use the retrofit dropouts and special brake mount but that the rear triangles were were redesigned to accept the regular G-1 dropout.
    The new 275 specific Carbine frames would not be able to be changed back and forth from 26" to 27.5
    Intense?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    They can still change back and forth.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Fanatik bike:

As with most of Intense's new bikes, the Carbine utilizes the G1 dropout system, accommodating just about any hub standard. Separate dropouts are available for 135mm hubs, as well as 12x142mm Syntace and Shimano standards. We highly recommend going with a 12x142mm setup, as it stiffens the rear-end of the bike significantly. It also insures more accurate shifting. If you are going to be running 27.5" wheels, the 27.5" dropout/brake adpater kit will be required. We'll install these dropouts for you at no extra cost - simply specify this at checkout. The special brake adapter will accommodate 180mm rotors only. The BB92 bottom bracket does away with standard threaded BB cups, and uses a press-fit assembly that seats right into the BB shell. See related items below for recommended BB options. Small details like these make a big difference, and play an important role in the overall ride quality of the Carbine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thank you for the concise information.
    This will help me with my decision.
    I really appreciate you time....

mtbr member
    Sounds like you guys have most of your questions answered. Just to confirm, the most most current Carbine frames have been updated with Stealth routing and ISCG '05 tabs. They are still compatible with 26" and 27.5" wheels with the interchangeable G1 dropouts. A quick correction, (looks like this was originally a typo on our end) the 27.5" brake adapter is only compatible with 160mm rotors.