2AA
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Did anyone break his Socom Frame ?

Did anyone break his Socom Frame ? or just have some fissure ?
    Last edited by 2AA; 01-08-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    It nice to BE important But It more important to BE nice

banned
    From the setups posted, I'm sure many of them brake.

I've seen them equipped with Avid Codes, Formula, Hopes, Maggies, and Hayes, so I'm nearly 100% positive these people are braking all the time and braking well, at that.

mtbr member
    Mines going strong. Ive hit drops with it, raced DH, and riden epic XC. I love it.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    Mines going strong. Ive hit drops with it, raced DH, and riden epic XC. I love it.
    What kind of brakes do you use?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Mine never brakes. Aren't there supposed to be some lever thingys on the handlemagigs that do this?

Even so, flying down fast trails and not being able to brake to avoid big hucks, the frame has not broken.

mtbr member
    Brakeless baby....strictly ghetto!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Is there a new trolling company now that does nothing but troll different forums? This is about the 23 one that I have seen in 2 days.
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com

mtbr member

Nope

Had mine for 2 years, been watching the Intense forum for two years waiting for the infamous "FRO" badge to self destruct. Bottom line? FRO monika attracted all kinds of "chicken little" types surmising that the frame was a throw-away. How about all the burly Highlines that broke? People still bought them with DH images dancing in their heads. But the SOCOM, nah, CL types still thinking they are fatigue magnets.

OH, and ya -- I brake with Codes :-)
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerx
    Had mine for 2 years, been watching the Intense forum for two years waiting for the infamous "FRO" badge to self destruct. Bottom line? FRO monika attracted all kinds of "chicken little" types surmising that the frame was a throw-away. How about all the burly Highlines that broke? People still bought them with DH images dancing in their heads. But the SOCOM, nah, CL types still thinking they are fatigue magnets.

OH, and ya -- I brake with Codes :-)
    4 years ago I asked David Klassenvonorschott how he got from the top of the lift @ Snowsummit to the parking lot in 4 minutes, and he told me '' stay away from the brakes''
    Aight...........
    RTW.

mtbr member
    Who is David K. riding for these days? Wasn't he on KHS for a while? Haven't heard a lot from him since he was off Intense.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The tubing seems to dent a little easier than on some thicker-walled frames and I have seen a frame with a crack at the top pivot weld (big guy...local racer), but there haven't exactly been widespread reports of frame failures.

2AA
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ebarker9
    The tubing seems to dent a little easier than on some thicker-walled frames and I have seen a frame with a crack at the top pivot weld (big guy...local racer), but there haven't exactly been widespread reports of frame failures.
    I have mine Socom almost 2 years and my weight only 68 kg.
    About the tubing: is correct that tubing seems to dent a little easier,specially near the headset, where the fork meet frame.
    Now I have crack at the same place that you talking about at the top pivot weld on both sides and at the weld down the seat tube.
    The cracks is only in the welding.
    Just whanted to know if is weld defect.
    It nice to BE important But It more important to BE nice