Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Customer Service Experiences with Intense Cycles; PLEASE SHARE

I'm looking at moving to Intense from Ibis Cycles and I'd like to know how they really take care of customers. Ibis has always been incredible and I want to make sure Intense is good to customers before buying from them. Please share the good, the bad and the ugly!
    Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I've owned 6 Intense bikes over the past 20 years. I have only had to make one warranty claim, this year. It was dealt with well, but as I am in Canada I had to work with my LBS and the Canadian distributor. I suspect Intense only got involved near the end of it. I was pleased with the end result which was a works raw Tracer 275 frame and shock.

They had a period a few years ago where quality was reportedly an issue (poorly aligned frames, etc) but they seem to have those issues sorted out now. I never had a problem but many people did. Early VPP bikes were a flexy but the current generation are really good and stiff, and the new locking collette style pivots have eliminated issues with pivots loosening up while riding.

The one thing they don't provide is a good owner's manual with service instructions, setup and maintenance, torque specifications, etc. It's an important oversight IMO.

I fix your broken ****!
    Idahomtn- I am always glad to make myself available to assist with any questions or issues you have. Please remember that we are still a respectively small company, so we appreciate patience when working directly with us or one of our dealers/distributors.

Sean- Thanks for the feedback. Manuals are all available through myself or our website and are shipping with frames/complete builds. See below for Tracer 275 info:

Tracer T 275C Owner?s Manual | Intense Cycles

Again, I am always glad to help with questions not covered in our manuals and/or regarding previous models, bike setup, sizing, etc.
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I keep asking for availability for a part, but don't get answers.

I fix your broken ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelma Viaduct View Post
    I keep asking for availability for a part, but don't get answers.
    Email me and I will look into that for you: sam@intensecycles.com

Sorry if you've been waiting on a response, we're still working on catching up from being away at Interbike, Kamikaze Games, etc. I'll get back to you today if you shoot me a message
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Mail sent.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Sam's sorted the problem in less than a day, it doesn't get better than that. Thanks Sam@Intense

Pirate!!!
    I've dealt with Sam and Chad at Intense, in a word, Excellent! Any questions or concerns have always been dealt with very quickly. Any warrantee issues handled quickly and without hassle. This company is making a major comeback and its looking good!

mtbr member
    I've been riding Intense since 2011. Absolutely top notch customer service.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Been on Intense since 1998. I have had 9 intense bikes since with 3 warranty claims which were all handled great. No complaints. I've been watching the Intense forum for many years now and I would say that the majority of the complaints that I have seen over the years are from people overseas in which need to go through a distributor. It seems to take longer thus more complaints.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    Again, I am always glad to help with questions not covered in our manuals and/or regarding previous models, bike setup, sizing, etc.
    Hi Sam,

Something I haven't seen covered in the manuals is the maximum recommended torque for the seatpost clamp bolt. I would like to know what the seatpost torque is for the Hard Eddie and the Carbine frames?

-Torstein

mtbr member
    I only owned 12 Intenses since 1998

mtbr member
    Not had any warranty issues but, as I've been doing my old 6.6 up, Sam has been very helpful with info and fast to reply to questions.
    I did read about issues in the past but that didn't put me off. Glad I chose Intense, great bike and great customer support..
    Intense 6.6

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I have been waiting just about a month to get a warranty issue with my 2 year old Tracer 2 with a crack in the weld on the seat tube taken care of.

I first tried the phone and was told they would get right back to me and never did. Next I emailed customer service and Sam. Sam replied that he was going to put me in touch with Chad but I haven't heard back from them.

I know they were busy with Interbike so I gave them some slack but now its been a month without my favorite bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce33 View Post
    I have been waiting just about a month to get a warranty issue with my 2 year old Tracer 2 with a crack in the weld on the seat tube taken care of.

I first tried the phone and was told they would get right back to me and never did. Next I emailed customer service and Sam. Sam replied that he was going to put me in touch with Chad but I haven't heard back from them.

I know they were busy with Interbike so I gave them some slack but now its been a month without my favorite bike.
    I am literally going through the same thing right now, after a bunch of phone/email tag it looks like it is getting sorted out.
    Last edited by patnugent; 10-01-2014 at 01:58 PM.

mtbr member
    My experience has been great. I've dealt with Sam directly a couple of times since I picked up my Carbine in May. My issues have been minor, but he's been very fast to respond and resolve them.

The OP asked about the comparison between Ibis and Intense CS. I owned an Intense 5.5 circa 2007. My CS experience with Intense back then wasn't amazing. I switched to Ibis and was blown away by their service.

Due to my past experience, I was a bit wary of going back to an Intense, but they have exceeded my expectations and I would say that they are right up there with Ibis.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I have had four Intenses and had to warranty my Tracer VP back in '09. They were exceedingly quick and more than accomodating with the solution. I put my money where my mouth was and bought two more Intenses after the Tracer VP.

mtbr member

I've been very happy with the service and attention to detail I've gotten from Jeff , Sam and the crew at Intense! I just bought another Intense, this time Spider Comp frame.

Now I just need to see if we can sort out the dented, slightly bent seat stay on my Spider 29 AL as I love this bike! It was my fault of course! I sent Sam an email today and I'm sure he'll get back with me promptly.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Thanks to Sam and Intense, received the spare part today in the UK. Excellent service, above and beyond most others. Thank you.

gentle like
    I am experiencing the same situation regarding a rear triangle for my Tracer 29er (bought new in March of this year).

Nice guys, helpful diagnosing the issue at hand, but now it's been a couple months of calling most every week and being told they'll "get right back to me."

I know it's not malicious or anything, but still.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by kept man View Post
    I am experiencing the same situation regarding a rear triangle for my Tracer 29er (bought new in March of this year).

Nice guys, helpful diagnosing the issue at hand, but now it's been a couple months of calling most every week and being told they'll "get right back to me."

I know it's not malicious or anything, but still.
    I know these guys are/ have been scrambling a bit both before and after Interbike. I actually spoke with Chad yesterday and he is gong to follow up with me. I told him I will pull the rear triangle off at the end of the season and send it in for repair or replacement. My dent does not affect the ride of the bike. If I drop it again on that stay it might be a different story. So no dropping the bike!

I'm psyched I bought that 14 nude Spider Comp frame last month!! I won't miss any riding. Plus I'm building some 29+ I9/ dually wheels with Kanard 3.0's for my FTW 1x9 steel frame. Not fat but it'll be very fun especially at 27-28 lbs.!!

Man cannot live with just one bike! It's just not the sane thing to do with mountain bikes!
    Last edited by manitou2200; 10-05-2014 at 07:33 PM.

gentle like
    I'll call again tomorrow and check in. I know they aren't a big company, and like I said, I believe they are genuine guys. Being in Sweden means the time zone difference is a bit of a pain. I am just getting the feeling that there just aren't Tracer 29er rear triangles around - my issue is a pivot that comes loose, so sadly, it does affect the ride.

I have an old, great, steel singlespeed xc bike that I love, but even going as smoothly as I can it takes a beating on a lot of stuff here. We had a couple trips out at the Norwegian border in September, and I had been really pumped for the bigger bike.

The guy who made my singlespeed frame is all about the 29+ fat stuff right now ... I had resisted, but all of our riding friends have caved, and love it. We've got the winters and the terrain for it here, so, maybe.
    Last edited by kept man; 10-05-2014 at 11:30 AM. Reason: grammar

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteRun View Post
    I only owned 12 Intenses since 1998
    16 years
    12 bikes

Was there 4 years of riding another brand.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Kept man, Sorry I did not realize you were from Sweden, that makes it a bit more complicated on the service side. Don't get me wrong, Sweden is great country and you guys have your **** together over there IMHO!!

You can't really have too many bikes IMO but they do all need to get ridden or they get jealous! I love my FTW steel frame with Paragon slider DO's, it can pull touring duty to single speed hard tail trail riding and everything in between. I rode a buddy's Surley Pugsley converted to 29+ and it seemed like a fun bike. I can't wait to get my FTW built 29+ with the Krampus fork, it should be a tear on the single track! I'm not building it so much for snow as I ski like a mad man in the winter but you never know!

I'd love to have a T275C but I think that my Spider Comp built burly with the 140 Pike and 200x55 Inline/ 145 mm rear will do pretty much anything a T275C will do. I'll build my Spider 29 AL light for my gal to ride with the Sid XX WC and I9 UL wheels, that should be fast for her coming off her SC Juliana SL!

mtbr member
    Hey Sam,
    please check your e-mails and PMs. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast