Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

cracked frame questions?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cool Breeze 
#1 ·
my 2001 uzzi sl frame cracked by the bottom bracket (front triangle), i ride mainly cross country w/some techy stuff , 2ft.drops every now and then. My bike shop will be calling intense to deal w/ this situation. Anybody have had a similair experience ? And what was the outcome. What would I be expected to pay, and how long is downtime.

thanx

#2 ·
tia4 said:
my 2001 uzzi sl frame cracked by the bottom bracket (front triangle), i ride mainly cross country w/some techy stuff , 2ft.drops every now and then. My bike shop will be calling intense to deal w/ this situation. Anybody have had a similair experience ? And what was the outcome. What would I be expected to pay, and how long is downtime.

thanx
Someone broke his Tracer and Intense made him a new front end for $330 and his was out of warranty.It took quite a while. His might be cheaper as there was a problem with large Tracers, according to him. I believe it was on this forum.

#3 ·
I cracked my Tracer, just out of warranty and they replaced it without charge. Then I broke my chain stay. The distributor offered me a new one for I think about 150 euro, I had it welded by another frame builder for 65 euro and it’s holding up for more then a year now.

As above I think they will offer you a repair for a few dollars. Be prepared for a long wait………think it took me about 6 weeks to get the new front.

Good luck,

#5 ·
tia4 said:

thanx
I cracked the top tube where the seat tower is welded. My LBS sent it to Intense and within 7 days, it came back with a new front triangle. It could have been a faster turn around, but I had a hardtail to use so I was'nt in that big of a rush to get my LBS on it. Zero $$$$ out of pocket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.