mtbr member

chain problems with the Vp. The fix

I just got off phone with Adam from Richard's Bike- that is where I bought my Tracer Vp complete bike with the Intense XT kit. So I asked him about the chain rubbing thing I saw on this forum. He called Intense. What-Intense said- Its the bolt. It sticks out to far. Have your dealer call Intense and they will get you a flush bolt. I am glad you guys posted this on the forum about the chain rubbing problem. I am not riding my bike until I get the new bolt.Should have my bike by next Thur. Can't wait. from Johnny.G Will post pics and review.

Epicriderat
    I would be curious about this, Intense is sending a new flush bolt???
    Do this mean all New Tracer owner should get this?

mtbr member

........................here we go again.
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    My suggestion to Intense would be to start shipping at least the low rear link with the flush bolt and avoid this issue all together. I can't think of a real argument for them to continue shipping with the C clip and continue to field forum questions about the rub and the associated negative press in addition to sending out warranty flush bolts from ad hoc requests. The C clip is not neccessary and I ran my 6.6 without them for ever.

I am putting the flush bolt on my Tracer as soon as it arrives.

mtbr member
    I was told if you want the FLUSH BOLT contact your Intense dealer. I don't think they-Intense are going to just send them out- with out asking for it. I agree with smithrider I would send out the Flush bolt to anyone who bought the 2008 Tracer VP and stop using the current bolt that sticks out. Stuff like this might turn off a person from buying a Intense. I was told if it starts rubbing they will send me the flush bolt. I told Richard's Bike I want the new flush bolt why take the chance of it rubbing. So my bike should be here next Thur UPS and when I get it the flush bolt it going on the bike before I even ride it. from Johnny.G

mtbr member
    does anyone have a picture of the bolt making contact?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by epicriderat
    I would be curious about this, Intense is sending a new flush bolt???
    Yes, each flush bolt also comes with a free fork.