Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Carbine travel adjust

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Chuckie 
#1 ·
Hi guys.. I bought a demo Carbine from the lbs ... Just wondering if someone could kindly tell me if the 160mm setting is the top or bottom hole?... Thanks

#6 ·
I use the bottom hole when climbing for at least 500-700 ft verticle or if climbing for long periods of time. It places you a little more forward and over the pedals for more power. Technically you should change the air pressure when going from one setting to the other (different leverage ratios) but I usually will just run the correct pressure for the top hole(descending) which is a little high for getting the correct sag when in the bottom hole but the bike still rides fine. I then change to the top hole when I finally reach the top.

I think intense meant for the bike to be setup using one or the other hole and a corresponding fork.
150mm fork/ bottom hole
160mm fork/ top hole
But I think it also works great to make this bike have two personalities in one ride.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.