mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Vids

Some vids of the Carbine at Downieville and San Luis Obispo

Downieville
    Downieville Classic Downhill Middle Butcher Intense Carbine - YouTube

Hazard Trail in San Luis
    Hazard Trail - Montana De Oro - Top Section Intense Carbine - YouTube

This bike is incredible...ate up the rocky sections at Downieville and feels more stable the faster you go! Sticks to the corners like glue! Even in the sandy stuff at San Luis Obispo, it just bites into the dirt like a pitbull.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    My beauty upgraded! Enve fun!!!

" width="549">

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Finally finished building of mine. Pics and detailed specs available here: Intense Carbine SL – Monté « espritoutdoor
    Last edited by ldonnay; 10-11-2012 at 04:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDREW WHITE View Post
    My beauty upgraded! Enve fun!!!

" width="549">
    Holly Crap

friend of Apex
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Well, I still need 5 more posts before I can link pictures here :/.... anyway, very nice builds guys!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

mtbr member
    That's a pretty cool picture you've got there. Very original
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Rock House?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Nice pic!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Good job! all mountain ride

this weekend
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbine Photo Album-10.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

seat post size

So I got a used carbine from a friend of mine, this bike do not have a dropper post, So i would like to know the size, so I can get one before the bike arrives.

Cvega

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by cvega View Post
    So I got a used carbine from a friend of mine, this bike do not have a dropper post, So i would like to know the size, so I can get one before the bike arrives.

Cvega
    the seat tube is 31.6mm

I just picked up a Reverb on clearance

Rock Shox Reverb 125mm Dropper Seatpost 31.6x380 RC

It's unlikely you will need the longer post, unless you are uber tall.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hello guys...

I probably need some opinion help.
    I'm in the market for an AM bike.

I have 10 years of XC/Trail til 2005 and then stop a while.
    Now in the come back, I understand I will need a new kind of bike.
    I'm inclined for an Intense Carbine with 150/160mm to buil a light but very capable AM.

Then again my in field friends are making some 3' ~4 ' drops and telling me the bike won't last, it's dificult to Enduro, etc...
    And that I should by a Nomad.

So.
    The question is: What can a Nomad do or give confidence, that a Carbine won't ?
    Is it geometry, or damn fragile ?
    Other thing: Is this very dificult to maintnance ? Because ther isn't representation of the brand in Portugal...

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Nomad or Enduro vs. Carbine or Mojo HD ?
    Give me your opinions please, without preconcepts of being Carbine owner probably.
    Cause a bike good in something might be faulty in another...

mtbr member
    I personally ride an HD, but came off a Tracer VP. The difference is where they ride in the travel. My VP rode very low and the HD rides much higher. I rode the Nomad and the Yeti SB66 before my purchase and definitely preferred the HD over those two. I have done 8-10' drops on my HD no problem.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    does anyone know the correct model numbers for the xtr front derailleur for the carbine..3 x 10
    thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by julesverne View Post
    does anyone know the correct model numbers for the xtr front derailleur for the carbine..3 x 10
    thanks
    fd-m981

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

mtbr member
    New pics with a couple of new bits

Replaced my Lyrik Coil U-Turn with a Fox Talas 36 160mm RC2 Fit and replaced the Raceface Dues cranks with some XTR's. Really loving the Carbine as a replacement to the Tracer :

Edit: Oh and luckily I had a second set of wheels! Had to swap my King/Flow wheelset with my Hope/819's. Looks like there is still an issue with Fox/King/Hope Floating rotor combo. The rotors hit the fork.
    Last edited by OCMoto; 12-09-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Wheel swap info

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    two carbines:

mtbr member

My Carbine

It's been a whole week since anyone has posted a Carbine pic. So I figured I would post my two week old baby on here.

Carbine Photo Album-carbine_001.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

simply awesome!

simply awesome bike!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    More than a month since the last post...
    Here's mine (transferred parts off my tracer VP)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbine Photo Album-img-20130120-wa0000.jpg  

Carbine Photo Album-img-20130123-wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by c-dale99; 07-01-2013 at 03:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Nice c-dale! The white fork and accents look great on the black frame

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    Carbine Photo Album-carbine1.jpg<br><br>Carbine Photo Album-carbine2.jpg

Just got it build up yesterday as a 1x10. Didn't have a choice, the stock granny from the 970 xtr crankset will NOT clear the bottom bracket without dremling the ring as others have mentioned. 26.2lb on my cheap chinese hanging scale without any real weight weenie parts, transferred almost everything from my blur lt2.

Initial thoughts: This bike is going to kill me. Speed through corners on the same tires is astonishing, seemingly more than my ability as a rider. With shorter chain stays and lower bb than my blur lt2, I can lean the bike way more, reminds me of my blur classic in that aspect. Rear shock tune is not as progressive as my lt2, but it requires much less sag to get full travel. Don't think I'll really miss the granny except on long fire road climbs.

Think I need some kind of chain device, even with a bash, unramped ring and shadow plus, I dropped the chain to the inside once. Any recommendations? I had a bb mount mrp 1x which is a no go with the press fit, and I'm not paying $100 for the direct mount version...

mtbr member
    Not the best photo, but just got it built. Have XO cranks to put on to go to 2x10 and a Fox DOSS post on the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbine Photo Album-imag0172.jpg  

mtbr member

I still wonder if my wife would notice if I swap out some of the parts from her new Carbine.
    Rest of the pics here: Mamba in a Blue Dress - ozzer's Bike Check - Vital MTB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzer View Post
    I still wonder if my wife would notice if I swap out some of the parts from her new Carbine.
    Whoa, that's a nice looking Carbine. I really like the floral accents on it.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hey all, here's a pic of me and my bud's bikes on a recent ride. Mine is the green one with CCDB air, both running Rockshox Revelation forks, both running 650 ENVE wheels (AM's on the green bike, XC's on the Raw), XX1 on the Raw and XX1/X0 on mine. Weight on the Raw bike is 11.34kg (24.95lb), not sure on my green one but it's sub 12kg.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbine Photo Album-carbines.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonMan View Post
    Hey all, here's a pic of me and my bud's bikes on a recent ride. Mine is the green one with CCDB air, both running Rockshox Revelation forks, both running 650 ENVE wheels (AM's on the green bike, XC's on the Raw), XX1 on the Raw and XX1/X0 on mine. Weight on the Raw bike is 11.34kg (24.95lb), not sure on my green one but it's sub 12kg.

Cheers
    Two beauties!. Lighweight all-mtn. Mine weights 29lbs with dropper seatpots, xt double chainrings and ENVE AM 26er with CK hubs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Cheers
    24.95lbs??? I'm running X0 2x10 with a Talas, suoerlight wheels, and a very lightweight mix of parts and my Carbine weighs 27.7 lbs. I know the XX1 would save some weight but I'm having trouble seeing it amount to a 3lb. savings? Spec list? I'm curious.

mtbr member

Cheers
    Looks nice bud!

Have you tried the DBair in 6" mode? Do you know if it gets full travel in 6" without hitting the shock body?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by playinVT View Post
    24.95lbs??? I'm running X0 2x10 with a Talas, suoerlight wheels, and a very lightweight mix of parts and my Carbine weighs 27.7 lbs. I know the XX1 would save some weight but I'm having trouble seeing it amount to a 3lb. savings? Spec list? I'm curious.
    Spec list on the Raw bike to get to that weight is FULL XX1, X0 Trails (180/160), ENVE DH Bar @ 760mm, Truvativ T40 75mm stem, Revelation solo air, Reverb 380/125/31.6, ENVE 650 XC's on 240 hubs, Schwalbe Nic 2.2's in the EVO casing set up tubeless. It's legit, don't worry. I couldn't believe it when I saw the weight either! What wheels/tyres are you running on yours? I think you'll find the revelation to be a bit lighter than the Talas.

Quote Originally Posted by squiby View Post
    Looks nice bud!

Have you tried the DBair in 6" mode? Do you know if it gets full travel in 6" without hitting the shock body?
    Thanks for the compliment! Yes, mine normally runs in 6" mode with the CCDB air and it hasn't hit once. I don't see how there has been any hitting there unless the wrong size shock was installed. The other possibility is that the ones that hit were early incarnations of the frame and later generations were modified to allow the shock to fit. FYI the shock is brilliant, I've ridden the Kashima coat shock in the bike and it's not as good. If you like dials to tweak so you climb better then get the Kashima but if you want better bump compliance and chassis control the CCDB is worth the extra bucks. Cane creek's customer service is awesome too, they are always very quick to accommodate their customers needs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    That's an impressive total weight! I'm running full XO 2x10 drivetrain. Thomsen stem, Truvativ T40 bars, Formula The One 180/160mm brakes, KS LEV 125mm, WTB Rocket V SLT, TALAS 160 mm. Wheels are the new I9 Torch 24 spoke-1460 grams-pretty damn light, tubeless Hans Dampf 2.35.

So you saved probably a pound without a dropper post, 1/2 lb. on XX1, lighter brakes and perhaps wheels. Certainly some weight in the tires.

Interesting to break it down...

mtbr member
    Ozzer, that is the best looking Carbine I have seen. Awesome job.
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just got the DB air mounted! I added a picture of the clearance in 6" and full compression. I will have to re-route the shifter cable, but it does not hit! This is a L frame, and I guess that the people who got issues with the shock hitting the frame are riding S or M frames.

Carbine Photo Album-vogbiya.jpg

Carbine Photo Album-6uyl8eu.jpg

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze911 View Post
    Just got the DB air mounted! I added a picture of the clearance in 6" and full compression. I will have to re-route the shifter cable, but it does not hit! This is a L frame, and I guess that the people who got issues with the shock hitting the frame are riding S or M frames.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vOgBiyA.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	780512

Name:	6uyl8EU.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	780513

Well...? How does it ride? (CCDB, Bos)

Nice effing bike!
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks man!

Well, I just got the DB Air, and I need to do some tweaking before I can say something useful. The BOS is like a dream compared to what I had earlier, RS Revelation and FOX.

The problem is the ¤!"&# winter, it's -10c at the moment :/ Need some sun and dusty trails to do a proper test of this combination.

mtbr member
    @ Kamikaze9, sweet bike man! Thanks for the shock pics. I'm looking to get a medium, so still on the fence regarding the shock fit. Now that the carbine comes with the iscg tabs... I don't think I can hold onto my cash much longer

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by squiby View Post
    @ Kamikaze9, sweet bike man! Thanks for the shock pics. I'm looking to get a medium, so still on the fence regarding the shock fit. Now that the carbine comes with the iscg tabs... I don't think I can hold onto my cash much longer
    @Squiby: The CCDB air fits fine in my green medium pictured above, I think the best thing about the updates is the Reverb stealth cable routing personally. ISCG tabs are nice if you don't have a clutch mech though...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    some nice builds
    Last edited by 1Trick; 03-15-2013 at 02:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Too bad you don't live in Colorado TheSchwag, we are already having summer time forest fires.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgestone14 View Post
    Too bad you don't live in Colorado TheSchwag, we are already having summer time forest fires.
    Huh?

Living in Bend is pretty solid. Maybe you should be here.

Because wherever you go, that's where you are.
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    sorry I meant to respond to Kamikaze91 statement about it being too cold to ride. I just didn't see that you were quoting him. Bah. I would like to go to Oregon because I hear it is a great place to ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    A forest fire would be great over here! A real snow killer

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

My self built CARBINE 275.

2013 Fox 34 TALAS 27.5 160 FIT CTD with Trail Adjust 15 QR
    Magura MT8 Brakes
    Storm SL Rotors 203 mm front/160 mm rear
    DT Swiss M1700 Spline 650 Wheelsets 15 mm TA front/142 x 12 mm rear
    Shimano XTR M980 Cranks
    Fox DOSS 5 inch Dropper Seatpost
    SRAM XO Shifters 3 X 10
    Shimano XTR CS-M980 Cassette
    Shimano XTR FD 981-D6A Front Derailleur
    SRAM XO Rear Derailleur
    Shimano PRO Carbon Tharsis stem 80 mm
    Crankbrothers 31.8 Cobalt 11 Carbon Handlebar
    KMC X10SL DLC Black/Red
    Crankbrothers Candy 2 Silver
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic Tires 27.5 X 2.2 mm converted to tubeless
    WTB Saddle Titanium Rocket V
    Chris King Inset 3 Headset
    ODI Lock-on Rogue grips
    All Titanium Bolts

[IMG]

Dude, got any schwag?
    Nice bike! Weight? Ride review?
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

Paper or plastic?
    Front derailleur cable routing: the LBS routed mine over the link on the right side of the frame. I finally realized that the housing was rubbing on the rear tire during compression and the plastic sheathing has worn off after 10 months. Seems that the best way to route it is through the link. I see that this is what the majority of the picture is showing. Any problem in that configuration?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Double guessing size?! I just got my medium Carbine and love it, but I am starting to wonder of I should have gotten a large? I am 5'11 with a 32" inseam. I typically like a smaller bike and so far have not had an issue on this bike, but I haven't ridden it hard yet either. It currently has a 70mm stem.

Carbine Photo Album-intense_zps30e8bfba.jpg

mtbr member
    My Carbine has been changed to 27.5 LOVE IT.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Looks good and I like the weight. What wheels are you running?

mtbr member
    Light Bicycle Carbon laced to Novatec Hubs

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Ready to ride

Finally finished my build and can't wait to ride it. My Carbine came in at 27.8 lbs with the following.

Fox Talas 160(could have saved some weight here but had the fork already)
    Industry Nine Torch wheel set(tubeless)
    Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 Trailstar tubeless
    SRAM XO 2x10 shifters
    Jagwire cables
    SRAM XO crankset
    Race Face bash guard
    Shimano XTR trail pedals
    Shimano XTR Trail brakes
    Problem solvers Mismatch Adapters
    Sicc carbon rotors 180/160
    Thomsen X4 90mm stem
    Chris King Headset
    Truvativ T40 carbon bar
    Odi Rogue grips
    KS Lev 125mm post
    Woodman clamp
    WTB Rocket V SLT saddle
    Custom Talas decal set
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbine Photo Album-image.jpg  

Carbine Photo Album-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sicc carbon rotors 180/160
    How you finding the rotors?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Rotors

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_MTB View Post
    How you finding the rotors?
    Too soon too tell. I originally had Formula brakes on the bike and I can tell you switching to the new Shimanos made a big difference right away. I'm still in the process of bedding-in the pad material, which, from everything I've read takes longer than with a metal rotor.

There's an article on the rotors on today's Bike Rumor that I thought was interesting. I thought I'd give the rotors a try hoping for a quieter,lighter option. Time will tell...

Lord of the Chainrings
    Too soon too tell. I originally had Formula brakes on the bike and I can tell you switching to the new Shimanos made a big difference right away. I'm still in the process of bedding-in the pad material, which, from everything I've read takes longer than with a metal rotor.

There's an article on the rotors on today's Bike Rumor that I thought was interesting. I thought I'd give the rotors a try hoping for a quieter,lighter option. Time will tell...
    ...I was all about trying those rotors, then I saw the price and ran away!
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice ride playin! What size are the bars?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sistm View Post
    Nice ride playin! What size are the bars?
    They look tiny in the photo but they're 580mm bars.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzer View Post

Rest of the pics here: Mamba in a Blue Dress - ozzer's Bike Check - Vital MTB
    I noticed on this frame that there isn't a small triangle by the top tube and seat post. Is this because this is a small frame and the rest are med. Or larges?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bus3 View Post
    I noticed on this frame that there isn't a small triangle by the top tube and seat post. Is this because this is a small frame and the rest are med. Or larges?
    It is a small, thus shorter seat tube and no seat mast hole.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I am looking to get a Carbine frame. Has anyone had any type of issues with this frame?

Thanks

ride
    Get one! I rode a Carbine for over a year and a half and tried my damnedest to kill it but couldn't. Light, super stiff and rode awesome. Easily my favorite full squish bike of all time, hands down. You won't regret it.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Anyone have an opinion on converting the Carbine 26" to the 27.5"?

ride
    Hey GP, feel free to email me or call me on that. I rode mine in 26 for most of it's life, then in 27.5 for the last few months before I sold it. Liked it both ways, depending on tire choice. IMO, if you've already got one that's 26, it's not necessarily worth swapping out to 27.5. If you're building from scratch, though, I'd go with the bigger wheels. For me, the difference was slightly noticeable, but not at the cost of a new wheelset, tires, and fork.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Is $1800 a good price for a Carbine frame in mint condition?
    Last edited by gunt pimp; 04-29-2013 at 10:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by paraskevas View Post
    ready to roll
    26" wheels? Nice ride.

BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    Is $1800 a gOOD PRICE FOR CARBINE FRAME KING HEADSET AND BB(2012)?
    New? Definitely. Used, it's a fair/avg price. And turn off your caps lock.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan View Post
    New? Definitely. Used, it's a fair/avg price. And turn off your caps lock.
    Thanks. Had an issue with my phone when I posted that. The text was jacked. NoT A BIG DEAL

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    Is $1800 a gOOD PRICE FOR CARBINE FRAME KING HEADSET AND BB(2012)?
    Considering the BB and the Headset are included.... I would say that is definitely a good deal!!

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmt67Stang View Post
    Considering the BB and the Headset are included.... I would say that is definitely a good deal!!
    At list, that's almost $3k before tax new. If frame is in good shape, sounds like a great deal to me.

Dude, got any schwag?

Finally got mine & I am VERY impressed!

Carbine Photo Album-carbine-sl.jpgCarbine Photo Album-scale.jpg

Dropped over 2 lbs, gained stiffness.

edit: Holy Sh!t this thing carves corners!
    Last edited by TheSchwagman; 04-25-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

Paper or plastic?
    What size is the seatpost collar?

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    What size is the seatpost collar?
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Thanks guy's

Ride or Die!
    gunt pimp my bike is still for sale...selling it complete now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Enduro Carbine!

Med with 142x12 dropouts
    RS Lyrik Air RC2DH 170mm
    Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil w/ steel spring (soon to be DBAir)
    Canecreek 40 headset
    XT 3x10 Shifters
    XT F&R derailuers
    XT 11-36 cassette
    XT 3 x 10 Cranks with 38/24 rings and E13 bash
    Shimano DX pedals
    Shimano BB
    Answer 50mm stem
    Answer ProTaper AM Carbon bars
    KS seatpost
    WTB Rocket saddle
    XT brakes with Ice Tech pads and 203mm rotors
    Chris King and Roval carbon 28 hole wheels
    Hans Dampf F&R (clutch in pic)

Weighed in at 32.45lbs. (31.06lbs with RP23)Carbine Photo Album-carbine2.jpgCarbine Photo Album-santiago-oaks.jpg

mtbr member
    Pretty burly build

BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    Here's my 2013 275. 26.5 lbs. Fox CTD shock, Fox 34 Float CTD 160 fork, LB Carbon rims, DT hubs, Reverb Stealth seatpost, Havoc Carbon bars, XT brakes/drivetrain. Here's the Vital Bike Check.

Carbine 275 - MtnMan's Bike Check - Vital MTB

Carbine Photo Album-img-bike.jpg

Carbine Photo Album-img-20130509-00644.jpg

Carbine Photo Album-img-20130509-00646.jpg

Carbine Photo Album-img-20130509-00647.jpg

Carbine Photo Album-img-20130509-00648.jpg

Carbine Photo Album-img-20130509-00652.jpg

Carbine Photo Album-img-20130512-00667.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan View Post
    Here's my 2013 275. 26.5 lbs. Fox CTD shock, Fox 34 Float CTD 160 fork, LB Carbon rims, DT hubs, Reverb Stealth seatpost, Havoc Carbon bars, XT brakes/drivetrain. Here's the Vital Bike Check.

Name:	IMG-20130509-00644.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	799198
    Very very nice. I still have a couple more weeks to wait on mine.
    Is that a large? Great ending weight. Where did you get the red links?

BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    Yes, it's a large. The links were a custom one-off from Intense. LOVE this bike.
    Last edited by MntnMan; 07-06-2013 at 05:20 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Name:	IMG-20130509-00652.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	281.5 KB 
ID:	799202

Can you please tell me the size of the spoke and nipple that you used for the LB carbon rims?

BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bedanbiker19 View Post

Name:	IMG-20130509-00652.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	281.5 KB 
ID:	799202

Can you please tell me the size of the spoke and nipple that you used for the LB carbon rims?
    I used 286s except for the 285s on the rear drive side. I used 14mm hex head nipples for added strength and ease of lacing/truing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    hello
    I want to buy a conversion kit from 26" to 27.5 for my carbine.
    which rear disc I can mount?
    only 160mm rotor?
    thanks...

BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    Yes, only a 160mm rotor on the rear if you're running 27.5. And you have to use Intense's brake carrier that's 27.5 specific.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Rumor has it they are working on an adapter for bigger rotors. Truthfully, new Shimano brakes with 160mm icetech rotors are plenty for a trail/enduro bike.
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Will the carbine (26er) work with a 140mm fork? Found a great deal on a used frame.

BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cddaraa View Post
    Will the carbine (26er) work with a 140mm fork? Found a great deal on a used frame.
    Yes. The Carbine has two shock settings. The lower setting is for 140mm of travel and is meant to work w/ a 140mm fork.

mtbr member
    My Carbine 275

Mootsie

My New Carbine 27.5

Carbine 27.5- Size Small 25.65 Lbs.
    XTR
    Fox f34 160mm/ RP23
    Industry 9 Torch Wheels 27.5
    Schwalbe Hans Dampf/ Nobby Nic 27.5
    Race Face Next Carbon post and riser bar
    Troy Lee grips
    Syntace Flatforce stem
    Chris king headset
    Fizik Gobi saddle
    Time ATAC 12 pedals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbine Photo Album-img_1687.jpg  

Carbine Photo Album-img_1689.jpg  

Carbine Photo Album-img_1688.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just waiting on the kickstand.

Carbine Photo Album-20130613_145017_resized.jpg

Dude, got any schwag?
    I'll sell you a VPP tubeless 1x12 carbon dropper kickstand with hydraulic remote and a lockout... ;o)
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

Mootsie
    I'm sure you're not commenting on my use of a stick to hold the bike up?

mtbr member
    Hello everybody, yesterday my Carbine 275 finally arrived, but I couldn't take any kind of ride except outside my garden in the streets around my house, just to take confidence with the bike. Why? Simply because the chain, mounted on a Shimano SLX M676 Direct Mount 2x10 Front Mech, Sram X9 2x10 crankset and a SRAM X9 Type 2 10 Speed Rear Mech, when I pass from the 22T to the 36T constantly drops out. I've tried to solve this problem today but the I'm not a mechanic and it still remains. My question is: Is better to change some elements or not? Of course tomorrow I will carry the Carbine to the seller and show him the problem, but do you think that could be incompatibility between these components?
    I would also add a bashring and a chain tensioner is it a good idea or not? Is it possible make this?
    Thank you for your great help, I'm a little bit sad...

mtbr member

Carbine Photo Album

It sems that after various attempts I have solved the problem worling on the setting screws of the front derailleur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Carbine SL

Here is my new ride thanks to the guys at BikeBling.com. I finally got it together and had my first ride this morning and I am not disappointed. I was shooting for a 25lb trail bike I am current between 25.8 bathroom scale and 27 luggage scale. I could go for lighter tires and lighter rotors that may drop a pound. The way the bike rides I really don't care, I could loose a pound or two. Well here she is:
    Carbine Photo Album-carbine-sl.jpg
    Carbine Photo Album-photo.jpg
    Carbine Photo Album-photo-1-.jpg

Paper or plastic?
    No picture, but a quick post to reiterate how much I enjoy my Carbine. I've had it for 13 months, and the bike has been perfect (to me). Just spent a few days in the mountains, and the Carbine is so much fun on the DH, rocky, loamy, fast or slow. It's always a blast.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Is it safe to assume that running a 1X10 guide with the latest Clutch type Rear Ders with Bash guard is a non issue?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Carbine Photo Album

Hot and humid in the northeast but another great day on the carbine!! My love affair with this beast has not diminished one bit
    Carbine Photo Album-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21372965151.380019.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

My new-to-me Carbine

Carbine Photo Album-tunnel2_zpsf643aa3f.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast