WheelBanger
    Jun 2010

Carbine 275 Chainguide?

Anybody running a MRP 2X guide on thier Carbine?
    I'm having a hard time getting the pulleys to line up in a good position. Using a 2x10 Sram XO crank and without the chainguide the chain in small ring comes very close to lower pivot. With 2X guide on the pulleys seem to pull the chain further outward, so chain is not running straight. And theres not much room for adjustment without the pulley guide mounting bolt hitting the lower pivot. Anyone have better luck installing this guide?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    It doesn't work with the carbine. The tolerances are too tight. I bought an e thirteen 2x bash guard with chain guide and had the same problem. I cut the guide off with a cutoff wheel and just use it I as a taco bash guard. I let my xtr type 2 rear derailleur take care of the chain tension. I don't think any iscg guides will work with the carbine on a 2x or 3x setup.
    FYI, I have x0 2x cranks 24/38. My small chainring barely clears the iscg mount bolts.

Paper or plastic?
    I use a Bionicon C. guide
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    Thanks for the info everyone. It looks like a chainguide won't work on the Carbine, bummer. I have the XTR plus der. but wanted a little more protection from chain dropping. I have a C. guide from my old bike, but with the tension of the XTR plus derailleur it seems like the C. guide is really noisy. I might try putting a derailleur pulley wheel in place of the C. guides little box. If I leave room for the pulley to float side to side a little, it could work.