Carbin SL 650b...

I'm sure this has been answered at one point or more, but it's hard to search with there being a Carbine 275 already and mtbr's search wont do two characters for SL. So....

Has anyone tried fitting a 2.2-2.25 650b tire in the Carbine SL in the 120mm travel mode? If so, how's the fit? Yay/Nay?

Secondly, being 6' 2.5" w/ a 35" inseam, would I fit the large frame very well? I heard it's tough for tall guys...

Thanks for the feedback! (I'm really trying to avoid converting a TrC... Don't make me do it...!)
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member

Dont know about the SL tire clearance, heard its tight for sure. The Carbine 275 has .25 more clearance fthan the regular 26in carbine. I know the Nevegal 2.35 (275) fit so in the 275 version with pleanty of clearance so a smaller 2.1-2.2 might work in the SL.

I demoed the Carbine 275 for a couple of loops. I think it had a mid sized stem stem 70mm and 720 bars or so. It fit me pretty well at 6 ft 1 in but I have short inseem and long torso. I think you could fit with a 80-90mm stem if 70mm does not work. you could also up size bars to 740 or even 780mm.

If its the seatpot you are worring about there are usually 410mm+ options aviliabe.

mtbr member
    Hay Matt, not sure a 275 will fit in a SL,
    I'm 6'1.5' and intense large fits me great for a trail bike, and a med for DH
    I run a 50mm stem and wide bars on my Tracer 2 and Carbine, bought bike feels great from xc to light fr

Members who have read this thread: 0