Dude, got any schwag?

The best new Works Red Tracer...

'Cause it's mine! No time for a full write up today, but wow, what a bike. Jeff, you & I must have the same riding style because this bike feels like it was built custom for me. We must ride together some time.

OK, spec;

Lg frame
    Minute fork 140mm
    King HS
    FSA stem
    Easton bar
    Stroker brakes
    XTR shifty
    DT Swiss EX 1750 whls
    WTB Weirwolf LT 2.55 tires
    Truvativ Stylo
    CB 3 Ti egg beaters
    CB Joplin (not shown)
    Ergon GX-1 grips
    Selle Italia SLR saddle
    Sram 990 cassette

30lbs-ish

Downieville, here we come!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member

Nice!!

Time for a practical question... on your Jeep, it doesn't look like you installed a drop extender for your bike rack. How do you (or do you?) get into the back of the jeep? I had to install this 4" drop square hitch just so I could get in the back, and it makes it kind of unsteady.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    How do you (or do you?) get into the back of the jeep?
    I don't. And it's a real bummer losing out on that .05 square feet of storage back there. Actually, I just keep things back there that I rarely need access to so it's ok.
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member

True...

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker
    I don't. And it's a real bummer losing out on that .05 square feet of storage back there. Actually, I just keep things back there that I rarely need access to so it's ok.
    LOL! True, very true.

Ideas Above My Station...
    Lovely ride there, lovng the minute/EX1750/stroker combo!!

Looks sick!

mtbr member
    how tall are you?

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    how tall are you?
    6'1", 34" inseam, and I could not get away with any less seat tube. The Joplin fits perfect at nearly max height. (Added after this photo)

I also run a 90mm stem length.
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    This is how I get into the back of my Jeep. Extension/drop hitch.

mtbr member
    sweet jeeps and even sweeter Tracer!

Lopen is sneller....
    Oct 2003
    At 6.3 I might need a very long seat post, then again I usually run my seat post relatively low compared to others. I am still not sure about them works colors but in the picture it looks quite good I must say.

Oh and let me not forget congratulations!

Dude, got any schwag?

Jeep hijack alert

Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    This is how I get into the back of my Jeep. Extension/drop hitch.
    I'm thinking about fabbing a bumper like yours and incorporating the bike rack onto the swing away.
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    rofl @ NVR STUK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny427
    rofl @ NVR STUK
    Dont like the plate hu?
    37" tires and lockers front and rear.

I'm thinking about fabbing a bumper like yours and incorporating the bike rack onto the swing away.
    My rear bumper is a Mopar bumper sprayed in Line X. The bike rack is awesome with the extension/drop. I used an extension at first and it worked too. Now that I have the 37" rear spare I need the drop too.

Here is a better pic of the bumper.

mtbr member

Jeep hijack...

Dont like the plate hu?

My rear bumper is a Mopar bumper sprayed in Line X. The bike rack is awesome with the extension/drop. I used an extension at first and it worked too. Now that I have the 37" rear spare I need the drop too.

Here is a better pic of the bumper.
    I like the black rims, personally. I have a dark green JK Rubicon with the chrome rims and think the bkack is really the way to go. That bumper is quite a good idea as well.

mtbr member
    That's a sweet jeep.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    I like the black rims, personally. I have a dark green JK Rubicon with the chrome rims and think the bkack is really the way to go. That bumper is quite a good idea as well.
    The bumper is actually a MOPAR bumper. Both bumpers and the front grill is sprayed in Line X. Look closely at the font grill.

Black wheels with studded and sipped 10 ply tires are for the winter and offroading.
    Chrome wheels with 8ply KM2s are for the summer.
    The 8ply are 30 lbs lighter each and I get 2 mpg better.

I didnt want to hijack this thread. I just wanted to show that you can still get in the back of te Jeep with a extension or a extension/drop.

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    Dont like the plate hu?
    Actually I do like the truck, I thought the license place was funny.

Here is my girlfriend's Jeep:

I don't know much about them, but all I know is that every single possible part that could be modified or changed has. I've never seen it get stuck and holy **** its fun in the rock gardens

I love parking this thing next to shiny Hummers when its completely covered in mud

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    HI! Thatīs a really ugly Jeep. Iīm no green radical environment saver, but for all of us sake, get a decent car : a smaller one. Youīll make much less noise and save some cash to some new bike gear.

Good rides!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sboom
    HI! Thatīs a really ugly Jeep. Iīm no green radical environment saver, but for all of us sake, get a decent car : a smaller one. Youīll make much less noise and save some cash to some new bike gear.

Good rides!
    A small car will not get me, my friends, and bikes to the top of the mountain. A small car would never make it up the rough road to the top. My Jeep is super quiet and I make enough money to own a Jeep and 2 Intenses. It gets 20 mpg on the hwy with the light wheels and tires. Try making it to the top of this shuttle in a small car.

Back on topic here.

A cheap extender (about $40) will also work on the Jeep.

Dude, got any schwag?
    A small car will not get me, my friends, and bikes to the top of the mountain. A small car would never make it up the rough road to the top. My Jeep is super quiet and I make enough money to own a Jeep and 2 Intenses. It gets 20 mpg on the hwy with the light wheels and tires. Try making it to the top of this shuttle in a small car.

Back on topic here.

A cheap extender (about $40) will also work on the Jeep.

Back on topic? Really?
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Back on topic? Really?

Im trying.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I would like that the post became what it shoud be about : a WORKS RED TRACER.
    But then thereīs someone just showing off itīs trail blaster jeeb beast .

Iīm from Europe and also can afford a Intense SS and a 9Kg scandium Voodoo Sobo Hardtail . But I use my bikes to ride the trail,not my car. But ok , I forgot ! over there itīs America : you need to go Big. But my friend youīre smaller than you think...

Happy trails!

mtbr member

Ahem....

Quote Originally Posted by sboom
    I would like that the post became what it shoud be about : a WORKS RED TRACER.
    But then thereīs someone just showing off itīs trail blaster jeeb beast .

Iīm from Europe and also can afford a Intense SS and a 9Kg scandium Voodoo Sobo Hardtail . But I use my bikes to ride the trail,not my car. But ok , I forgot ! over there itīs America : you need to go Big. But my friend youīre smaller than you think...

Happy trails!
    Wow, someone got up on the wrong side of the pond, wtf crawled up you and died? Lets not get this into a "You are driving too big a car than you need" debate because its pointless. Part of the wonder and lure of life in and of itself is freedom. If you want to drive a tiny car and save a bunch of gas, great, have at it, you can do what you want. I want a Jeep with big tires that can get me to where I want and through things I normally can't. And that should be fine as well. Whats next, limiting someone's house size because of electricity usage? Plastics intake? Rubber usage? Mileage rationing?

Come on, if you have trails out your back yard, good on ya for it. But some of us have to travel to the trails and there should be nothing wrong with that either....

Kntr, what I thought was classic was that your black rims were for the summer but the pic you showed was in snow, and the alloy wheels were for the winter but you showed the pic of them in the summer... I got a drop/extender, but am not terribly happy with it simply because it doesn't have a bolt in interface, just a pin, and its pretty wobbly. I know the rack is safe for the bikes, but its unnerving looking back and seeing it wobbling around. My tires aren't nearly that large (stock 32" I believe) and I still had to get a 4" drop to clear the rack.

Back to the original topic... Nice jeep... oh wait, nice works red tracer man, very nice.