mtbr member
    Sep 2005

BC Stores That Sell Intense?

Does anyone know where you can buy an Intense frame in Vancouver, BC? A couple of local stores used to sell them, namely Cove Bikes in North Vancouver, and Snowcovers in Vancouver, but I believe they no longer sell them.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I think Snowcovers still does. I pick up linkage bolts there a month ago. Unfortunately, I think the Distributor in Canada is 'having issues'. Snowcovers seems to be the only shop in Western Canada that got Intense this year. They used to be the Distributor, I guess that helps.

I contacted 5 shops in AB and BC this year looking for a Slopestyle (I know the owners of 3 of them). They all said that they had product on order (most with customer deposits), but did not receive anything for the entire season. I guess they had a lot of PO'd customers. After 8 months of waiting, I decided to go with something else.

I really like Intense from a product and corporate culture stance, and don't mind waiting a few months to receive a frame, but you gotta have some confidence that your pricy bike is going to be supported if something goes wrong (that is if you can actually get one).

There is an online shop out of Ferndale WA, with great prices, but the warrantee would be void if you buy it out of the US.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't see any reference to Intense products on the snowcovers website. They used to indicate that Intense was a product they sold. I'll have to ask them over the phone.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Just save yourself some trouble and go to Fanatik Bike Co in Bellingham. The Canadian distributor has serious issues. Plus the peeps at Fanatik are good sh*t.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by partswhore
    Just save yourself some trouble and go to Fanatik Bike Co in Bellingham. The Canadian distributor has serious issues. Plus the peeps at Fanatik are good sh*t.
    couldn't agree more.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by samdemo
    couldn't agree more.
    Another for Fantatik. Check with Russ on their current Intense inventory (which is usually pretty solid).

Cheers,
    EB

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Apparently No Hype in Maple Ridge also sells Intense I've just heard.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I ran into the rep from On the Edge(canadian distributor) in Whistler last summer. I tried to ask him a couple of simple questions and he pretty much told me to F...OFF!, in front of all my friends. I was so pissed off, that I almost decided to sell my fleet( I have 4 Intenses right now). I've been having issues with On the Edge now for almost 10 years. I'm all about supporting the local distributor, but when you can't get the bike you want, well you have to look somewhere else. I use to travel to San Diego for work all the time, so it was easy to pick up a new frame down there, since most of the time you had color and size choices. Last year I tried to get new drop outs for my Uzzi, after waiting almost 2 months, I decided to take the short drive down to Fanatik, and they were like "sure we have those in stock".
    I never did get a call from the shop I ordered from here. So until there is a new distributor in Canada, I will continue to shop south of the border.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Sad to hear.

I hesitate purchasing frames across the border due to warranty issues that might crop up. Fanatik seems to have a good rep though, and I hope they have continued success. That really bites about Intense issues in Canada. Well, I guess I'll wait until Intense gets better support north of the border. Thanks for all the input.

4 Intense bikes? Wow. That's impressive. You're a bike whore!!!
    That's not an insult, but more a comment that reflects my envy.