mtbr member
    May 2012

Arrgh,new bike,surely this shouldnt happen

Went riding on our local trails in Bristol.UK with my girlfriend this weekend,none of which warrant a full susser I might add but after 30mins of riding this happened...

Extrememly loud bang after dropping off a 1ft max rock,at first i thought it was my rear tyre going but after inspection it was the RP23,ruined a whole easter weekends riding

Anyone else had this on their Tracer?

Dude, got any schwag?
    That's a Fox problem. I'm surprised there's no oil all over the bike. The threads look buggered. Makes me think they didn't thread it together completely during assembly.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That's a Fox defect, not an Intense one. Fox should replace it for you quickly. Too bad it ruined your weekend!

mtbr member
    This is a new bike blues. Even happens when assembling a new car. Every nut/bolt thingy needs checking as this kind of stuff "can" happen. Yes, as above, it's a Fox problem and am sure it will/can be warrantied. It is unfortunate but sometimes these things do/can happen. Glad you weren't hurt (other than maybe your ears). Hope you get this all squared away so you can get out and ride again soon.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Yes,I shouldve stated that this isnt any problem with my frame,thats awesome and really please with how it rides.

Update is that the shop I bought the frame from sent the shock off to Mojo UK for examination and their findings were that the fine threads were crossed during assembly and a new replacement unit is being sent to me this week

So soon rolling again

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.l View Post
    Yes,I shouldve stated that this isnt any problem with my frame,thats awesome and really please with how it rides.

Update is that the shop I bought the frame from sent the shock off to Mojo UK for examination and their findings were that the fine threads were crossed during assembly and a new replacement unit is being sent to me this week

So soon rolling again
    Great news! Thanks for the update, sounds like it will turn out well and seems you've now established a good relationship with your shop. That's a plus. Hope the shock shows up soon and you'll be out enjoying the ride soon.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hi folks, long time no updates. Unfortunately whilst out on a ride yesterday the shock emitted a loud pop and under inspection has jumped a thread between the body and the cap on the underside so it's now on an angle where cap meets body. Has anyone else got this problem. I've contacted my frame supplier again about this, I'm now thinking maybe upgrading to ccdb coil?

Unpredictable
    Don't name your first child Fox