Anyone running a RS Vivid ?

Can I have some opinions please ?
    Performance:
    Durability:
    Positives:
    Negatives:

Thank you

mtbr member
    I'm running one on my SS- love it, don't think I could ever go back to a FOX- unless they started using a dual stage rebound. I'd say the biggest plus on this Vivid is the dual stage rebound- it makes the bike feel way more controlled in every situation. I've had the chance to race DH with it- half way down on my first practice run I had to stop and check to make sure my rear tire wasn't loosing air- even with 40psi. the thing felt smooth and glued to the ground. I dig it more than the CCDB from a durability standpoint. I've seen a couple of the CC shocks get premature bushing wear, the mounting hardware isn't a press fit on them so it leads to a loose feeling shock. I'd say go for the Vivid and you will not be disappointed.

E2
    Don't drink it

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I agree. The RS Vivid brought my Socom to life. Superior to a DHX 5.0 and PUSH tuned DHX 5.0. I've had all of them on my bike and the Vivid is the most controlled feeling and most tunable out of all of them. Supple small bump, solid mid stroke to push off of and firm end for G outs. No bucking either because of the tunable 2 stage rebound.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by E2@CC
    I'm running one on my SS- love it, .

E2

What tune Vivid are you using on the SS?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    If I am running a 450lb spring on my SS - should I order the same spring or lighter/heavier for the vivid in your experience?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salami
    What tune Vivid are you using on the SS?
    hmm- I f I remember correctly it's the B tune- I'll verify tonight when i get home though.
    Don't drink it

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    If I'm not mistaken B-tune is the only one available aftermarket, the other tunes are for OEM. Use your regular spring rate and you'll be set.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

7.875" eye-to-eye?

Will there be a 7.875" (200 mm) eye-to-eye Vivid in 2009? Thinking about an up-grade for my 6.6 ...