mtbr member

Anyone Running 1x10 on a Tracer?

Hey gang, I would love to ditch my front shifter and derailleur on my Tracer 2 and try a 1x10 setup with most likely a 32t and 11/36 cassette. I live in socal and most trails have a few steeper sections so I still need to climb so I'm not sure if a 1x will get me by on most the local trails. Anyone try this type of setup on a T2 or TVP and regret dumping the old granny?

mtbr member
    I run a 32t x 11-36t. And it is pretty solid it is a work out tho.

I fix your broken ****!
    I ran my Tracer 2 with a 2x setup and loved it. Front was 39/26 with 11-36 in the rear. The little ring really helped on steep/long climbs. But maybe Im just lazy....haha

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I run it my Tracer 2 with a 31T front and 11-36 rear. Compared to a older standard 22-32 crank to 11-34 cassette, you lose the bottom two combo's, 22/34 and 22/30 and the top combo 32-11

But you do drop around 1lb from your bike so losing the bottom two combo's is not a very big deal...to me anyway.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies, I think I might give it a try.

Hey frints, can I ask what 31 you're using? Any issues with a 4 bolt XT crank?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    My setup is with XT cranks no problems.

I picked up my ring from a place Homebrewed Components but be careful there is a thread on the SS forum about tons of people having issues with them, I'd check that out before considering them.

mtbr member
    I run that exact setup on my tracer 2. With a clutch-type derailer, the bike is absolutely silent. Will never go back to double chainring.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have always hated front derailleurs for many reason (dropping chains, horrible shifting and noise).

So I setup my old Tracer VP with a 1x10 setup (34T and 11x36) on 170mm XT cranks. It could climb just about anything.

I recently tried the 2x10 setup on my new Tracer 2, but don't see the need. It's too much of a jump from the small ring to the big one. One less cable with the simplicity and security of the 1x10 is just too good.

Man up and stand up on the climbs! Haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hey Beer, what guide were you running. I am currently on an MRP BB mount Lopes and its decent but has no bash. I was thinking of going with the MRP Mini G2. What do ya think?

mtbr member
    Hey Nolan. check out e thirteens lg1+ I had to shave some aluminum off the iscg tabs on the bottom to mount it but its built way better than the mrp mini that I had on before. I also took the idler wheel off and run a type 2 out back.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I used a MRP Mini G SL. It depends on what your trails are like. The Lopes and Mini G have the same security.