mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Anyone had issue's with a rear 8"rotor on the Intense 6.6

I just picked up an Intense 6.6 08 frame
    Built it from the frame up, the main problem is the back brakes
    Using Juicy Sevens, I have had to place washers on the adaptor so the disc doesn't rub off the calipier
    Without the extra washers it simlpy will not work. From what I can find out from Intense the 6.6 can take an 8" rotor. The only other thing would be the adaptor but I'm not sure

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
    H

mtbr member
    Why do you need an 8" rotor on a middleweight bike? They just protrude more and can catch easier coming off of skinnies. FWIW I run 7" rotors with zero problems on both my 6.8 AND my M3 and I go 180 lbs.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    not sure exactly where the problem is a pic would help but..

is the rotor actually hitting the caliper-- with the outer edge of the rotor hitting the center of the caliper?
    it may not be correct adapter and might just be mounted in the wrong direction, ive done this many a time which is why i have this handy:

check here to make sure

or are you having trouble centering the rotor in the pads?

mtbr member
    I also don't quite understand why you are having a problem. I have a spare 8" Shimano rotor and adaptor which I fitted onto the back of my 5point5 without any problems. It worked perfectly but I ended taking it off again as it is just too much brake for the back.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hi Guys
    The outer edge of the rotor is hitting the center of the caliper
    Thanks for link Mikey_C, I'll have a look at the adaptor and see how it goes

H