Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    122

    any interest anyone?

    i have my uzzi that i want to trade for a freeride bike. any one have anything? let me know maybe we could work out a deal. the bike is awesome and i love it but i only have room for one bike and i want a freeride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Old school BMXer
    Reputation: Blaster1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,678
    How things have changed...although it wasn't a catagory at the time, that UZZI probably would have been called an all mountain or freeride bike in its day. But it's a nice lookin' UZZI you have there!

  3. #3
    Botox User
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    226
    man I wanted one of those when I was a kid You should totally hang the frame on a wall.
    09 Tracer VP - "wtf, am I hovering?"

  4. #4
    Old school BMXer
    Reputation: Blaster1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny427
    man I wanted one of those when I was a kid You should totally hang the frame on a wall.
    Since you were a kid? That bike isn't that old! I'm guessing that bike is from around 2002?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    463
    That is vintage old!!!! Very nice, 2002 is pretty old for a full sus.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Downhilldoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    243

    God i feel old now..

    2002 vintage??God i feel old now.. still its all good

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,241
    My buddy ran the same bike with a 02 Monster T.

    Change the front fork and use it as a FR bike.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    122
    can the frame take it though. how was the bike after did it climb like crap or what? im not sure if i want to abuse such a nice bike though. i would hate to crack the frame.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,241
    It climbed ok. It took drops up to 7-8 ft and he never had a problem. He even raced it in the BC Cup and took 9th. If I were you. I would put a 66 on it and ride it.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    122
    maybe I will but who makes the 66? I'm not familiar with that and what kind of travel does it have?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: esquire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,653

    Good suggestion...

    Quote Originally Posted by woody7795
    maybe I will but who makes the 66? I'm not familiar with that and what kind of travel does it have?
    The 66 is made by Marzocchi. You can find used 06 and 07 models for literally just a couple hundred bucks and they are great forks. Tall, lots of travel, and can take abuse like a Cuban Welterweight. Very good idea.

  12. #12
    Old school BMXer
    Reputation: Blaster1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    The 66 is made by Marzocchi. You can find used 06 and 07 models for literally just a couple hundred bucks and they are great forks. Tall, lots of travel, and can take abuse like a Cuban Welterweight. Very good idea.
    I strongly disagree. It looks like the fork that is on the UZZI is already pretty tall for that frame (look at the high bottom bracket. I don't remember what fork that frame was designed for, but I think it was about 100-120 mm. Putting that 66 on it would really jack up the bottom bracket and cause the bike to handle very poorly.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,241
    The Uzzi had 6" of travel. The 66 would be a perfect match with 6.7" of travel. Back in the day, tons of guys ran Super Ts and Junior Ts. Like I said, my buddy ran a Monster T on his. The frame is super tough. It looks like he might have a longer shock on the rear. Some guys would run a longer rear shock to get more travel out of the bike.

    http://www.feedthehabit.com/mountain...n-bike-review/



    What is the length and stroke of your rear shock?

    Measure from bolt to bolt to get length.

    Then measure the length of the shock shaft.

    Let us know.

  14. #14
    Old school BMXer
    Reputation: Blaster1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,678
    You should note that the bike above is likely an UZZI SL, not an UZZI SLX. The UZZI SL had 4-1/2" of travel. Although it's hard to tell, that link looks like an SL link, not the SLX link.

    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    The Uzzi had 6" of travel. The 66 would be a perfect match with 6.7" of travel. Back in the day, tons of guys ran Super Ts and Junior Ts. Like I said, my buddy ran a Monster T on his. The frame is super tough. It looks like he might have a longer shock on the rear. Some guys would run a longer rear shock to get more travel out of the bike.

    http://www.feedthehabit.com/mountain...n-bike-review/



    What is the length and stroke of your rear shock?

    Measure from bolt to bolt to get length.

    Then measure the length of the shock shaft.

    Let us know.
    Last edited by Blaster1200; 12-03-2008 at 12:51 PM.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    122
    the bike is an sl. i bought it second hand and it is the original fox vanilla 6.5 eye to eye shock.as far as i know it is the sl linkage.

  16. #16
    Botox User
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200
    Since you were a kid? That bike isn't that old! I'm guessing that bike is from around 2002?
    Well i'm only 23 so... haha. I wanted a 99 UZZI SL back in the days when I was 14.
    09 Tracer VP - "wtf, am I hovering?"

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,241
    Oh, I stand corrected. I thought it was a SLX,

    A 55 would be a better choice.

  18. #18
    Old school BMXer
    Reputation: Blaster1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny427
    Well i'm only 23 so... haha. I wanted a 99 UZZI SL back in the days when I was 14.
    You were a smart kid!

    Now show that you're a smart adult by buying that small 5.5 from The Path for your wife! I'm tellin' ya, she'll love it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •