Perpetual slow motion
    Feb 2007

Any 200lb.+ riders on a Tracer VP

So I am looking at doing away with the one bike for all riding category, as it is just too much of a compromise. The Tracer VP is on the short list of frames to build up in the XC/AM side of riding and I was wondering if there is anyone riding the new Tracer that is 220'ish?
    I will be selling my existing frame that is very stiff and I was wondering how laterally stiff the new Tracer is for the bigger kids.
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I am not 220 but I am 190 in only what God gave me so close to 200 with gear / water. The Tracer is stiff as a board compared to my 6.6.

ride
    Hey Ban'd4life, if you ever get up north to the Boulder area, I'll have a large Tracer VP built up next week for demo. Hit me up if you want to check it out.

dave
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Perpetual slow motion
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Hey Ban'd4life, if you ever get up north to the Boulder area, I'll have a large Tracer VP built up next week for demo. Hit me up if you want to check it out.

dave

Thanks Dave-

I think I will have to get up to Lyons to check it out. I'm curious to see how it rides compared to my Ventana.

I'll check with ya in a week or two- weather permitting.
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

Too old to jump
    Although I am not a rider yet, I'll be rolling a good 210-215 on a TracerVP in a few weeks. Granted, I was a little scared of an air shock so I've spec'd mine with a CCDB. Nothing like coil steel to keep the big men where they belong.

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    I'm close to 240 geared up, i'll let you guys know how stiff it is when I get mine in (sometime in the next 5 years for a Large? )

old
    6'3" 210# without gear on a large for the last month or so. Laterall stiffness way better that previous Intense's. Compared to 6.6 and 5.5 29er, which i have ridden, it is much stiffer.

Currently on RP23 which is ok but I am more of a coil fan.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I am 205 w/ gear and it is plenty stiff. I've even ridden mine on some slslom tracks and really punching berms hard and its rock solid...