Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Overkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    402

    Another Tracer....

    It's nice to see so many tracer owners showing off. It's such a versatile frame; here's my endurance racer/trailbike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Fat Boy
    Reputation: john the bed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    50
    Wow looks really nice overkill. I recently bought one ,the same as yours, as a frame only. I see you have had your rear shock pushed. How much if any better has it made your ride?
    Is that a double chainring your running there? I run a 44/29 on my cannondale hardtail but I am not man enough to run 2 bikes with that set up.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: []D[][]v[][]D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    616

    some one...

    ...should start a website devoted to the Tracer....
    Never play leap-frog with a unicorn!

  4. #4
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432

    Nice

    Props on the 2x9 set-up.

    Greg
    Voltron

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Just J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,640
    I second the site dedicated to the Tracer!

    Another fine example!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tkblazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,427
    nice bike, you just gave me carbon envy

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Overkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by john the bed
    Wow looks really nice overkill. I recently bought one ,the same as yours, as a frame only. I see you have had your rear shock pushed. How much if any better has it made your ride?
    Is that a double chainring your running there? I run a 44/29 on my cannondale hardtail but I am not man enough to run 2 bikes with that set up.
    Congrats on the purchase. You're gonna love the frame. If built with the right parts and setup correctly for your terrain/riding style, this bike can do so many things well. The pushed shock really helps keep the bike stable on the climbs, and still allows the bike to be fully active in all other situations.

    I think the greatest strength of this bike is it's ability to handle very technical steep climbs. The rear just sticks. It allows me to run fast tires for racing (kenda karmas) and still get all the traction I need.

    Yeah, that's a double chainring setup. I never used my granny much, so I opted for a 29t and 42t only. It just makes more sense for me and the terrain I ride up here in Ottawa.
    I signed up for the transrockes this year (7 day stage race through the rockies), so I may have to run a small ring for that - we'll see!!.

  8. #8
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Overkill
    Congrats on the purchase. You're gonna love the frame. If built with the right parts and setup correctly for your terrain/riding style, this bike can do so many things well. The pushed shock really helps keep the bike stable on the climbs, and still allows the bike to be fully active in all other situations.

    I think the greatest strength of this bike is it's ability to handle very technical steep climbs. The rear just sticks. It allows me to run fast tires for racing (kenda karmas) and still get all the traction I need.

    Yeah, that's a double chainring setup. I never used my granny much, so I opted for a 29t and 42t only. It just makes more sense for me and the terrain I ride up here in Ottawa.
    I signed up for the transrockes this year (7 day stage race through the rockies), so I may have to run a small ring for that - we'll see!!.
    Nice ride! Just curious as to whether your Fox Vanilla RLC fork is also Pushed? I am running the same fork on my UZZI-SL and am trying to get some feedback. Is it worth the extra coin to have it [Pushed]?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Overkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    402

    Vanilla

    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    Nice ride! Just curious as to whether your Fox Vanilla RLC fork is also Pushed? I am running the same fork on my UZZI-SL and am trying to get some feedback. Is it worth the extra coin to have it [Pushed]?
    No the vanilla isn't pushed. I have thought about doing that, but I've decided to get a new fork instead. Because this is a race bike, I'm looking for something lighter and SPV. The fox has that adjustable blow off valve, which I use as a cheater platform. The vanilla is an amazing fork, and would be even better pushed (from what I've read).

    I'll probably be getting a manitou R7 plat. 100mm. I'm waiting for the prices to come down a bit. The weight is 3.2 pounds vs. 4.1 for the fox. Unfortunately I'm too weight conscious to keep the vanilla on this bike.

    Do a search on pushed vanillas; I'm sure there is tons of info.

  10. #10
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Overkill
    No the vanilla isn't pushed. I have thought about doing that, but I've decided to get a new fork instead. Because this is a race bike, I'm looking for something lighter and SPV. The fox has that adjustable blow off valve, which I use as a cheater platform. The vanilla is an amazing fork, and would be even better pushed (from what I've read).

    I'll probably be getting a manitou R7 plat. 100mm. I'm waiting for the prices to come down a bit. The weight is 3.2 pounds vs. 4.1 for the fox. Unfortunately I'm too weight conscious to keep the vanilla on this bike.

    Do a search on pushed vanillas; I'm sure there is tons of info.
    Thanks for your advice, I will give it a shot. I agree about the Vanilla being an amazing fork and I also was concerned about the weight of it when I purchased it. But I am not a XC racer so it's not a huge concern. My previous ride was built up with a Rockshox SID - SL one of the lightest on the market at the time. I can not tell you how much difference the Vanilla rides, its like night and day. The SID-SL is like a wet noodle compared with the Vanilla. It had serious flex issues.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 02-10-2006 at 09:29 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •