mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Alas Fr onto SS2 - Help

Hi there (Should say Atlas!),
    Tried fitting this tonight. Have one drive side spacer on the bb (had to get a hope bb as the RF one could not be fitted by me or my LBS). Looks like I am going to need the white 1mm spacers either side (drive and non-drive) and even then it is going to be tight for the cranks to clear seat stays. With all 4 white spacers on the non-drive side the drive side will not even clear the seat stay.
    Any tips - also does anyone know the chainline measurement on the SS2?
    Cheers,
    Christian
    Last edited by ukmax; 10-23-2010 at 03:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Are you sure that you don't have 83mm BB Atlas cranks? The BB should fit. Did it screw in all the way or not?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    No it would not screw in all the way and the shop guy was putting a lot of force on it! I was getting worried about my very precious frame!! He said it was in safe hands but I guess it is a bit like surgery, probably best not too watch! The thread on the bb was definitely longer than the thread in the frame shell. The first few threads on the bb after it was taken out were rounded somewhat. I have checked the frame threads and they are ok. Was abit depressed after all this! I thought maybe the bb was 83mm. The spacer in the middle of cups has a table on it and all measurements relate to 68/73mm bb.
    How can I check?
    Cheers,
    Christian