Thread: 650b Uzzi??

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

650b Uzzi??

I doubt anyone has but wondering if it's possible to put the G3 dropouts on farther-est back setting and run a 650b wheelset? Seems to me like it would make a lot of sense if it fits.

And if it doesn't fit, is there any talk of a 650b specific set of G3 dropouts, like what Intense did with the Carbine?

I'm loving my 2012 Uzzi as is but all this 650b talk has me wondering if 27.5 could bring its trail/all mountain side to life.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I ordered my 2012 Uzzi with a 27.5 Float fork just to do this. I haven't had a chance to order the wheels yet but will in the next couple of months. And it gives my a chance to get rid of these Nevegal paddle tires!

Based on my remedial measurements it looks like it should fit a 27.5 wheel just fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Nice, post up a ride report after you try it. I may explore the possibilities myself in the future.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I've got a carbine 275 thats sweet, truly believe in the 27.5 for trail/xc riding, have to think it would be equally as good for AM. Just picked up an Uzzi VP frame and I'm almost positive a 650b rear wheel would fit on the furthest setting in the back, if not the middle. I'm guessing the conversion would make the BB height the same as the inner G3 setting, with the head angle of the furthest G3 setting. Pretty appealing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If intense bring out a carbon 650b Uzzi I am in the queue !