mtbr member
    Jul 2005

6.6 Slope Style light

This time I tried the SS with a pike and DHX-air.
    The bike is 15.1 Kg' = 33.29 lb
    I can make them lighter without loosing strength up to 14.5 kg' = 31.9 lb.

For the meenwhile the geometry feels best with the pike, The ride is fast and nimble, no problem to jump, at the trail its great and except loosing some plushness its perfect.

I think that for me that is the way to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Nice looking build and you definitely got it light. I wonder how you'll like the max 520 A-C and the accompanying BB height over the long run. I've found that for rougher trails that I really needed the 545 A-C of the 36 even if I didn't need the accompanying 66.5 deg HT angle just to get the BB to a manageable height. And this is in the context of someone who is very used to low BBs. If you spend more time on flowy, smooth trails and jumps, this may not be an issue. Just thinking out loud. Good to see some more SS's getting built up. I really need to post a pic of my build.

mtbr member
    Nice indeed! Can you take a measurment of the BB? (clearance)
    Pearl & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Actually there where no problems with the low BB except few times in turns I touched some rocks but I am sure in next runs it won't happen.
    I used to ride the Blur 4X, this is now like the 4X on steroids.

the BB height from the center of the BB to ground is 13.45"

I ride in a very rough train and I tried the SS with all the A-C that are possible and I found that for me the Pike is good enough I am sure I can found a better fork then the Pike but for now I will keep it.

I don't do SS or dirt only DH, FR and trails.
    Last edited by esku; 11-30-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Goes to 11

Nice !

The head angle looks right on the spot, but i guess that if you add some front sag to the equation, a Lyrik might be better for the HA and the BB height as well..

The weight of this beauty is amazing, about the same as my aggressive HT...
    Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads..

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Nice bike.

Any reason you rang the gear cables under the top tube not down the down tube?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by NZSpokes
    Nice bike.

Any reason you rang the gear cables under the top tube not down the down tube?

I did mine the same way, much cleaner routing IMO. I picked up some xpel to keep the cable rub at bay.

Higher Exploration
    I picked up a nixon thats 3 lbs lighter than my travis, its the 145mm and I think the a-c is 518mm or something, with the king hs it should raise it up to about 532?? I'm hoping for a new wheelset with king ISO 150mm rear hub and 819s that would be something around 1800g. Still, wouldn't be as light as yours, thats a beauty!

mtbr member
    E&B,
    What fork were you using before the switch to a Nixon? I remember it had a 572 a-c but don't recall if that included the headset or not.

Higher Exploration
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosedre
    E&B,
    What fork were you using before the switch to a Nixon? I remember it had a 572 a-c but don't recall if that included the headset or not.
    The 06 180mm travis, 572 a-c without the headset. It does feel a bit too slack, but that might be because I'm not used to a HA lower than 68 degrees.