mtbr member
    Oct 2005

27.5 Float CTD - 150mm to 160mm?

I have a Tracer 275 that came with the 27.5 Float CTD 150mm. Checking to see if anyone knows if the fork can be set to 160mm? I know the factory 160mm forks can be reduced in travel by spacers, but not sure if a 150mm can be extended.

mtbr member
    It might be able to, but if you cannot get factory verification you'll have to do some measuring.
    Fill main air chamber to fully extend the fork, over infate to be sure.
    Remove the CTD dials (don't loose anything), Undo the 28mm top cap, measure how much you can extend the damper, this will tell you if it has enough travel to go 160mm (i bet it does).
    Then you will have to modify the bottom plastic spacer, shortening it by 10mm inside the air side, this is the part that bottoms out against the c-clip at the end of the stanchion. Shortening it 10mm will extend travel by that amount.
    I'll admit I've not done it , but have measures a 140mm CTD 29er fork, and it can handle the 150mm mod...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Fox has detailed instructions on the service link. Look under quick tech - 2013 float travel adjust. They also sell the blue travel spacers seperately

mtbr member
    Great link YodaForce! If you look at the spec sheet for the assemblies, it looks like the 150mm travel 27.5 will need to be changed.
    It also looks like i miss spoke to the shortening of the plastic part to end up with more travel on the 34 140 29er, looks the neg plate will need to be either changed to a new part or just machined down 10mm!
    Good luck Mudbike

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Update: Yes 150mm to 160mm

So I contacted Fox today with my question. They said yes the 150mm Float CDT can be adjusted from 150mm to 160mm. All is is required is a different size shuttle bumper. The P/N is 234-04-347. Cost for the part was $2.00.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    My T2 is setup with an RC2 Float 160 and though I'm quite happy with it, I always felt that what matters to me the most was the stiffnes of the front rather than actual travel.
    Admittedly I don't jump more the 5-6ft and same goes with drops.

If only Fox offered the same stiffness level on their 32mm 150...
    I guess this is what the 34mm is all about but the difference in weight is that great.