27.5 (650b) fever

Printable View

  • 04-19-2012
    mr intense
    7 Attachment(s)
    27.5 (650b) fever
    I prefer calling this segment 27.5 as 650b has always seemed more road oriented.2 new protos with the 27.5 wheels that we are playing with. A Carbine 27.5 & Tracer 27.5 both producing 5.5 to 6" adjustable travel.
    One of the coolest features of the G1 dropout system is that it is replaceable so I was able to make a special set of 27.5 drop outs that adjust the chainstay out to 17" and drop the BB so that when you set it up 27.5 you have the proper Geo & wheel spacing. With the 2.35 X 27.5 Nevagals there is ample clearance, with the 150 fork we are at 67.5 on ha and 13.3" bb height, very cool instant 27.5 Carbon trail bike .

    The blue Tracer is a dedicated 27.5 I built with 150 RS 650b fork and geo hits at 67ha and 13.3 on bb. We will test the waters with these and see where this segment goes but could prove to be the tweener size perfect for some.
    Interesting how the aftermarket already has forks , tires & wheels before any huge demand quite opposite the 29" craze.
  • 04-19-2012
    dynamicz
    :arc: do want the blue tracer. Good to know that a new rear tri isn't necessary any only drops, it's like you predicted 650b ahead of time.
  • 04-19-2012
    MondoRides
    Nice!
    Love the Reverb Stealth cable routing on this one! :thumbsup: Can we assume this will make it's way to the next run of Carbine's as well?

  • 04-19-2012
    dropmachine.com
    SICK. Great call on those wheels and how you did it.

    Will the Carbine SL also be able to run those dropouts?
  • 04-19-2012
    Fadl
    SICK SICK SICK


    Those blue Tracer is beautiful. The Carbine looks very good too.
    Great work Jeff! You totally nailed it with those two beauties
    When can we assume they will be available?
    And can you tell us more about that new Rock Shox fork? 34mm stanchions with 20mm thru axle?
    And Jeff, is that a new carbon upper link on the Tracer? :)
  • 04-19-2012
    gravityfreaky
    Can one run a 27.5 wheel in a 26 fork?
  • 04-19-2012
    Fadl
    double post
  • 04-19-2012
    dufferin
    Game changer! My Uzzi is officially for sale.
  • 04-20-2012
    Just J
    Well hello there Mr Tracer!
  • 04-20-2012
    CTB
    Ever since test riding a bunch of 29ers and one 27.5 last year at our local demo day, I've thought that for a rider my size (small), the 27.5 was the way to go. Wow! Maybe my Tracer VP will have some company in the future...
  • 04-20-2012
    Van Cuz
    Wow, they look great.
  • 04-20-2012
    Kirk Pacenti
    Well done Jeff. That blue Tracer is one great looking bike. Offer a 650bSpider and I'll be calling with my credit card digits. :thumbsup:

    Cheers,
    KP
  • 04-20-2012
    CTB
    A blue Spider 27.5 would pretty much do me in. That'd be killer for the terrain I live in. Jeff, these bikes look fantastic!
  • 04-20-2012
    andy_n
    Well, looks like I have some saving to do.
  • 04-20-2012
    SSBelgium
    this would give me almost want to leave my SS rigid side....but almost ;-)
  • 04-20-2012
    Jerome...
    Ditto on the Carbine SL question. (And if affirmative, what would the bb height end up as?)
    Thanks...
  • 04-20-2012
    randan
    Did you notice, that the shock on the Tracer is mounted to the downtube instead of the toptube as it is on the regular Tracer 2? Looks like small version of the Uzzi 2. Nice one!!
  • 04-20-2012
    SteveF
    Thank you--I'm planning on a new FS bike in a few months and the 27.5 Tracer just made my short list! Anyone know what the Tracer frame and rear shock weighs in a small?

    Any plans to offer a 27.5 Spider?
  • 04-20-2012
    cringb
    Great news on the carbine!! I'd really like to try those out. I had almost bought a Mojo HD instead due to being able to run 27.5, but I liked the carbine so much more! Glad Intense is going to come through and take care care of the one concern I had for buying this bike. :thumbsup:

    Great work!!

    Brent
  • 04-20-2012
    jeffw-13
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gravityfreaky View Post
    Can one run a 27.5 wheel in a 26 fork?

    Some work, some dont. Most Fox forks work, Rockshox, not so much. My Marzocchi 44 does not.

    http://forums.mtbr.com/650b/official...ad-392220.html
  • 04-20-2012
    silver62
    yes, yes, yesssss :eekster::eekster:
  • 04-20-2012
    Jerome...
    Just to answer my own question: Carbine SL does not have G1 dropouts, so I presume no scope for this mod.
  • 04-20-2012
    Alex65
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jerome... View Post
    Just to answer my own question: Carbine SL does not have G1 dropouts, so I presume no scope for this mod.

    Yes, this what interests me too, although in Italy there is no news yet of Carbine SL!!!:madman:
  • 04-20-2012
    frints
    OK, as a proud Tracer 2 owner I have to ask, is this an all new Tracer 2 or new dropouts that I can purchase and retrofit onto my one year old bike.

    I'd really like to build a 27.5, but don' t have the stomach to dump my existing bike and start over.
  • 04-20-2012
    TheNormsk
    I'd almost be willing to sell my first born (and then, probably, promptly get divorced) for the Carbine 27.5.

    I'm seriously loving the look of that bike and it would be perfect for the rocky steep trails I have around me.
  • 04-20-2012
    zorg
    Good to see. Makes the bike even more versatile.
  • 04-20-2012
    trekfueler
    There goes my tax refund. Totally freakin' sweet! When, when, when?
  • 04-20-2012
    spoker247
    Damn my bike for this summer isn't here yet, and then this happens. Hmmmm
  • 04-20-2012
    big bear
    LOVING the blue tracer - except the wheels!
  • 04-20-2012
    Count Zero
    Carbine dropouts
    Jeff -

    Do you plan to make the 27.5 Carbine dropouts available in the near future?

    I am considering a purchase and would love to be able to migrate eventually to 27.5.

    Thanks,

    Tom
  • 04-20-2012
    dhbomber
    I am too VERY interested in a 27.5 Carbine frame. Time to sell my Tracer VP! ;)

    Please let us know if you plan on selling the G1 dropouts to put some mediums on a Carbine!

    With the release of Fox, Rock Shox and X fusion forks for 650b is a good idea to have an available Intense for that size! You just made my day :)
  • 04-20-2012
    pedal-man
    Excellent!!!! I've been looking at Intense bike for a while, almost bought the Tracer 29er, but didn't. I was looking for a bike that was compatible with 650B/27.5 and still be nimble.....I will take a CARBINE PLEASE!!!

    Release date?
    Retail? Full bike and Frame only?
    Different spec builds?
  • 04-20-2012
    dangerousmav
    Can the 27.5 Tracer 2 still be used with 160 mm fork? If yes, geometry with both 160mm in the front and in the rear?
  • 04-21-2012
    dropmachine.com
    So heres a fun question.

    Can a rear end from a Carbine be used on a Carbine SL so we can take advantage of the new dropouts?
  • 04-21-2012
    Captain Cobb
    What would really do it for me is a carbon tracer29.
  • 04-22-2012
    krasse-banny-911
    The color of the Tracer is nice. New or stock color? Looks a bit like signal blue.

    The Tracer stickers are cool. I want those for the Uzzi frame.
  • 04-22-2012
    awai04
    Saw these bikes in person at SOC. ...EXCELLENT!
  • 04-22-2012
    MondoRides
    2 Attachment(s)
    Couple more pics from the Sea Otter Classic. Sweet bike but noticed someone installed the TLD grips backwards
    Attachment 691098
    Attachment 691099
  • 04-23-2012
    awai04
    2 Attachment(s)
    Hard to say which version (carbon or aluminum) I like better. From what I gather in the original post, the carbon version is the current Carbine with dedicated 27.5 G1 dropouts. The aluminum version is a new design around 27.5" (650b) wheels. Hmm, Carbine with regular Stans rims or Aluminum version frame with Enve carbon wheels?? One of the two would be my choice.
  • 04-23-2012
    dhbomber
    I'll take that Carbine please :)

    Selling my Tracer VP frame this month!
  • 04-23-2012
    mission2
    Damn that carbine should be a do it all bike, wish i didn't buy a new bike 2 years ago. if i could only hide it from my wife...hmmm
  • 04-23-2012
    hrdude
    Nice, can we get a group buy? Carbine 27.5, do need. :)
  • 04-23-2012
    trekfueler
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    Nice, can we get a group buy? Carbine 650b, do need. :)

    Good idea, I'm in!
  • 04-24-2012
    Jamie_MTB
  • 04-25-2012
    r1Gel
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jerome... View Post
    Just to answer my own question: Carbine SL does not have G1 dropouts, so I presume no scope for this mod.

    Ye, I'd love a 27.5 Carbine SL as the regular Carbine is way too much for my type of riding. Heck, I'd go for a 27.5 Spider! But I guess the carbon retooling for the non-swapout rears would be too costly. The question is, could a Carbine rear fit the SL? Hmmm... ;)
  • 04-25-2012
    Davidcopperfield
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti View Post
    [...] Offer a 650bSpider and I'll be calling with my credit card digits. :thumbsup:

    Cheers,
    KP

    You said yourself that 27.5 is rather for long travel applications and that 29ers occupy the XC realm. Sort of contradicting yourself now?
    Why would you want a 584mm on xc bikes when 29ers simply work there better?
    Let's put Nino aside because his juvenile adrenaline was simply a shill. :thumbsup: He even lost to a 26er rider later on.
    Christopher Sauser had it right and commented that smaller wheels than 29" are a compromise. He has more experience on 29ers than Nino. Even small Burry Stander can fit a small 29er.
    Bigger Is Better | Cyclingnews.com

    I don't see much sense in developing 27,5ers with less than 6" of travel. All below is pretty much served by 29ers, however they lack lower gearing, negative riser bars, a bit wider hub flanges. These are the places to improve and innovate. People asked many times for correcting these issues. Nobody wanted to correct them by introducing a smaller wheel everywhere (under 150-160mm stroke) just for the sake of novelty. Smells like money for me. :D
    Seriously you would succeed more with 29er specific cranks, cassettes, negative handle bars. Why not? There is money in it as well. I guess even more. I am first one to buy a 29er specific drivetrain from you and light 36h 430g 21mm inner width 622mm/700C rims destined for 36x4 lacing pattern with light spokes. What do you think?

    BTW will all 27.5ers frame have 29er specific dropouts as an option to clear bigger wheels? It would be fun when 27.5er long travel bikes appear and the whole 29er crowd will try to make 29" wheel fit in there just like 26er crowd wanted to fit 27,5" wheels. :D It is only or as much as 38mm difference.
  • 04-26-2012
    pedal-man
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    You said yourself that 27.5 is rather for long travel applications and that 29ers occupy the XC realm. Sort of contradicting yourself now?
    Why would you want a 584mm on xc bikes when 29ers simply work there better?
    Let's put Nino aside because his juvenile adrenaline was simply a shill. :thumbsup: He even lost to a 26er rider later on.
    Christopher Sauser had it right and commented that smaller wheels than 29" are a compromise. He has more experience on 29ers than Nino. Even small Burry Stander can fit a small 29er.
    Bigger Is Better | Cyclingnews.com

    I don't see much sense in developing 27,5ers with less than 6" of travel. All below is pretty much served by 29ers, however they lack lower gearing, negative riser bars, a bit wider hub flanges. These are the places to improve and innovate. People asked many times for correcting these issues. Nobody wanted to correct them by introducing a smaller wheel everywhere (under 150-160mm stroke) just for the sake of novelty. Smells like money for me. :D
    Seriously you would succeed more with 29er specific cranks, cassettes, negative handle bars. Why not? There is money in it as well. I guess even more. I am first one to buy a 29er specific drivetrain from you and light 36h 430g 21mm inner width 622mm/700C rims destined for 36x4 lacing pattern with light spokes. What do you think?

    BTW will all 27.5ers frame have 29er specific dropouts as an option to clear bigger wheels? It would be fun when 27.5er long travel bikes appear and the whole 29er crowd will try to make 29" wheel fit in there just like 26er crowd wanted to fit 27,5" wheels. :D It is only or as much as 38mm difference.

    Uh Oh...dousche bag alert!!!!!! It was only a matter of time. The end of the world is coming in 2012.....for the 29er FANBOYS!!!! What are you gonna do?
  • 04-26-2012
    trekfueler
    I sure do miss the Penny-farthing.:p
  • 04-26-2012
    r1Gel
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dropmachine.com View Post
    So heres a fun question.

    Can a rear end from a Carbine be used on a Carbine SL so we can take advantage of the new dropouts?

    I, too, am very much interested in the answer to this. The regular Carbine is just way too much for the type of riding I do and the places I go to. A 27.5 Carbine SL would be perfect!
  • 04-26-2012
    DFYFZX
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by awai04 View Post
    Hmm, Carbine with regular Stans rims or Aluminum version frame with Enve carbon wheels?? One of the two would be my choice.

    Alloy version with ENVE:thumbsup: Carbon rims are a game changer! My 27lb Sultan feels like a BMX bike after throwing some 1450gr carbon wheels on there:D
  • 04-27-2012
    A-NON-A
    Got to check out the Intense Booth at Sea Otter and snap a few pics... HERE
  • 05-01-2012
    TheSchwagman
    1 Attachment(s)
    Man, every time I hear the term "Carbine" or "27.5", my whole psychie jerks to the right like Dug the dog when we hears "Squirrel".
  • 05-07-2012
    Intense29
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    Man, every time I hear the term "Carbine" or "27.5", my whole psychie jerks to the right like Dug the dog when we hears "Squirrel".


    Me too
  • 05-09-2012
    irishdave
    Anybody got any photos of the tyre clearance on the Carbine around the chain stays behind the BB?
    Mud clearance is kind of critical here in the muddy UK.
  • 05-09-2012
    mat73
    Carbine 27.5
    27,5 is the perfect wheel size for montainbiking!!

    The carbine is fantastic and i look forward to see more and more new 27.5 bikes.
  • 05-16-2012
    dhbomber
    So, I'm ready to sell my old Tracer VP, anyone know if the carbine dropouts for 27.5 wheels gonna be available soon?
  • 05-16-2012
    Ridnw/bear
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dhbomber View Post
    So, I'm ready to sell my old Tracer VP, anyone know if the carbine dropouts for 27.5 wheels gonna be available soon?

    I spoke with Intense about a week ago about this. I was told that it is not for sure that they will be released but they seemed like it was most likely going to happen. They still need to do some testing and if everything goes well, they would be released in a month or so.
  • 05-16-2012
    TheSchwagman
    I'd rather wait for them to be tested than be the actual test mule on my dollar. From what I've read, Scott is riding them on a Carbine, and riding the aluminum prototype as well. I'm sure if they pass Sharp's standards, they'll pass mine.
  • 05-19-2012
    Sweatypants
    these are a neat idea.
  • 05-19-2012
    mr intense
    3 Attachment(s)
    27.5 the real deal
    The boys have been putting in some miles on these and all I can say is they are loving the ride, more news soon.
  • 05-19-2012
    dhbomber
    Dang! That blue tracer looks awesome!
  • 05-19-2012
    TheNormsk
    So want!
  • 05-21-2012
    Alex65
    Please also think SL for the Carbine 27.5 ", I think it would be an excellent trail bike!!
    Alessandro from Italy
  • 05-21-2012
    epic
    OK Jeff, enough with this silly wheel nonsense - now get back to work on my carbon M9 (or at least make one for Ragot!).
  • 05-22-2012
    yzblue242
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Alex65 View Post
    Please also think SL for the Carbine 27.5 ", I think it would be an excellent trail bike!!
    Alessandro from Italy

    x2! Would love to see the SL with the G1 dropouts.
  • 05-22-2012
    r1Gel
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by yzblue242 View Post
    x2! Would love to see the SL with the G1 dropouts.

    Another vote for a 650B Carbine SL. I don't care much for G1 dropouts though.
    Although from a manufacturing perspective, one frame using different dropouts for 2 different wheel sizes would be less expensive than 2 different frames :yesnod:
  • 05-22-2012
    trekfueler
    +1 on 650B Carbine. Sweet!
  • 05-23-2012
    Alex65
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by r1Gel View Post
    Another vote for a 650B Carbine SL. I don't care much for G1 dropouts though.
    Although from a manufacturing perspective, one frame using different dropouts for 2 different wheel sizes would be less expensive than 2 different frames :yesnod:

    But I think that created a frame for 27.5 " has specially designed geometry (see the height of the BB drop for example), changing only thing that the dropouts would not.
  • 06-08-2012
    Davidcopperfield
    Make carbon long travel 29ers better rather than this 25mm bigger than 26" wheel size or finish 2951! It has been several years now. Where is it?
  • 06-08-2012
    trekfueler
  • 06-09-2012
    weaver84
    G1 options?
    So will the new 27.5 modified dropouts have both options for either 142 or 135 axles?
  • 06-09-2012
    TheNormsk
    I had great news this weekend meaning that a bike purchase in the near future will be within my budget.

    I am real interested in the Carbine 27.5 and perhaps the Tracer.

    Mr. Intense I'm wondering if you can give any word on the expected availability of production versions of these? Are we taking Fall or next year? Also is the price in line with current. Carbine and Tracer otherings?
  • 06-10-2012
    mr intense
    1 Attachment(s)
    Tracer 275 & Carbine
    We have been riding these bikes for awhile now and had unveiled them @ Sea Otter feeling pretty confident the wheel size made sense & there was finally some industry support& consumer want to back it up.
    In short we are loving these bikes and the fact that the Tracer is made in house we can react quickly and should see production in he future. the 27.5 G1 drop outs are being tested on the Carbine in the lab before we release them but it should be soon.This really adjusts the geo on the Carbine well and even with a dedicated 27.5 150mm fork the numbers are good & you can run real trail tires , we have been running 2.35s front & rear.It does help a bit to run a straight steerer and a zero stack HS on the carbine.Getting caught up in the whole wheel size naming thing 650b , 27.5 etc. with the bigger tires it is really closer to 28 and middle of the road just looks & feels right.
  • 06-10-2012
    Captain Cobb
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    Make carbon long travel 29ers better rather than this 25mm bigger than 26" wheel size or finish 2951! It has been several years now. Where is it?

    X2, if mr. Intense wants more of my money he's going to need to make a carbon version of my T29. I'm not against 650b, the more size options the better. it's just not my cup-o-tea.
  • 06-10-2012
    Captain Cobb
    They are beautiful though, in fact all intense bikes are very good looking machines. Keep up the good work!
  • 06-10-2012
    Kirk Pacenti
    Congrats Jeff, that is an fantastic looking machine!

    What's the RAL number for that red?

    Cheers,
    KP
  • 06-10-2012
    weaver84
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by weaver84 View Post
    So will the new 27.5 modified dropouts have both options for either 142 or 135 axles?

    Second Q: Are there any specifics on the geo? Especially comparing different fork sizes 150 - 160?

    edit: this in mind...34 FLOAT 27.5 160 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust Bike Fork | FOX
  • 06-11-2012
    edgonz
    That blue frame is sick!

    I know they're just a proto, but any ideas if it will hit the market at this point?
  • 06-11-2012
    Davidcopperfield
    Perhaps some dropouts on 27.5er to allow for bigger 29er wheel clearance? What do you think? :)
  • 06-12-2012
    reformed roadie
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by davidcopperfield View Post
    perhaps some dropouts on 27.5er to allow for bigger 29er wheel clearance? What do you think? :)

    fail
  • 06-12-2012
    gunt pimp
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    Perhaps some dropouts on 27.5er to allow for bigger 29er wheel clearance? What do you think? :)

    ?????????:yikes:????????:confused:
  • 06-12-2012
    edgonz
    Mr. Intense, when will we see Intese bikes with wire routing inside the frames? (at least for the carbon frames)
  • 06-13-2012
    scottybinwv
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti View Post
    Congrats Jeff, that is an fantastic looking machine!

    What's the RAL number for that red?

    Cheers,
    KP

    Where are those 2.4's at? I wanna slap those on an Uzzi and Buraaaaaaaaaaaaap!
  • 06-13-2012
    Davidcopperfield
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    fail

    Absilutely not. You kiddie wheels' guys want to use new dropouts on 26ers to make them compatible with 584mm rims so why not making a 27.5er frame compatible with 29er wheels?
    Options for everyone. Isn't it what you -650b fanatics- say all the time? Choises are good. Don't get me wrong, simply not everyone sucks at riding a 29er like most 27.5er fans do.
  • 06-13-2012
    TheSchwagman
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    Absilutely not. You kiddie wheels' guys want to use new dropouts on 26ers to make them compatible with 584mm rims so why not making a 27.5er frame compatible with 29er wheels?
    Options for everyone. Isn't it what you -650b fanatics- say all the time? Choises are good. Don't get me wrong, simply not everyone sucks at riding a 29er like most 27.5er fans do.

    Don't you have a bridge to protect?
  • 06-13-2012
    gunt pimp
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    Absilutely not. You kiddie wheels' guys want to use new dropouts on 26ers to make them compatible with 584mm rims so why not making a 27.5er frame compatible with 29er wheels?
    Options for everyone. Isn't it what you -650b fanatics- say all the time? Choises are good. Don't get me wrong, simply not everyone sucks at riding a 29er like most 27.5er fans do.

    :out::incazzato::cryin::madman:
  • 06-13-2012
    TheNormsk
    One thing I am interested in on the Carbine with the 27.5 dropouts is as the ISO mount is part of the frame and not on the dropout how this affects the caliper placing for the rear disk? Does it need a custom adapter so that a post mount caliper is in the right place and will one come with the bike?
  • 06-14-2012
    omarhadijaya
    Huaa
    Just progressing build my spider29 after long 3 months waiting for this frame and now something already in the pipeline into the saving :)
    The blue tracer definetely a dream bike!
  • 06-14-2012
    bikesinmud
    Your 27.5's look great. Makes me want to come back to the Intense brand.
  • 06-14-2012
    TheSchwagman
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    One thing I am interested in on the Carbine with the 27.5 dropouts is as the ISO mount is part of the frame and not on the dropout how this affects the caliper placing for the rear disk? Does it need a custom adapter so that a post mount caliper is in the right place and will one come with the bike?

    In an earlier post, Mr. Intense said that he had a custom post mount to go with the drops for 27.5.
  • 06-14-2012
    TheNormsk
    Good to know thanks.
  • 06-14-2012
    jazzanova
    This is from 650b forum
    Intense 650b

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I have been riding a great 650b, [or 27.5, depending on your preference].
    At Intense here in California, we built a Tracer 27.5, 137-150mm travel, we refined it, and built a couple more, I love the bike.
    We have also tested a few carbon versions.
    The wheel size is fantastic. Increasing the wheel size from 26 has benefits and 'challenges'. The benefits are linear, the 'challenges' are exponential.
    Therefore, a 650 has benefits similar to a 29er but not as significant, with that said, the 'challenges' with a 650b are almost non-existent.
    You will be able to buy our 650b [27.5] bikes very soon. If I was told today, that I could only have one bike in the garage, it would be a 650b.
    But I wouldnt 'Jimmy Rig', a 26 inch bike. if you need to run a smaller tire to make it fit into your frame, you are defeating the purpose. The outside diameter is the key. A small tire makes for a small outside diameter. I know this is obvious to some of you, but I have heard of a few people making crazy compromises just to run a 650 rim...
    Sharples"
  • 06-14-2012
    g3rG
    I have 650b fever.

    I have a Mojo HD 650b. Carving machine, but it hates to climb, and it goes to pieces in the chunky downhill.

    I also have a T29 with a Dorado fork. Nice XC/Trail bike, although it took a lot of work to get there. The thin rear hub didn't help.

    I think I want an Uzzi 650b. Will it clear a 27.6" NeoMoto? Room to spare for the upcoming MegaMoto? Will I have to mill my own dropouts?

    gerG
  • 06-14-2012
    bluesrider
    Curious about frame weight on the new 27.5 Carbine and Tracer. Anyone have some numbers?
  • 06-18-2012
    TheNormsk
    I took a look at a Carbine at my local Intense dealer on Father's Day. Nice bike; very different from what I am used to, but I didn't take it for an extended test ride yet and I am still holding out on getting more 650b information as I narrow down the choices for my next bike.

    I see so far that Mr Intense has been testing these with 150mm forks. I'm curious what the geo will be for the Carbine with a 160mm 650b fork (aka Fox) with the rear in 152mm mode and with the Talas dropped to 120mm and the rear in 140mm mode?

    I'm hoping, perhaps foolishly, that I can configure the bike to run in a more "XC" mode during the week for my night rides in 120/140mm travel modes with a low BB and steeper geo, and adjust to 160/152mm travels with higher BB for when I hit gnarly mountains at the weekend.

    Is this is hairbrain idea :D or reasonable?
  • 06-18-2012
    TheSchwagman
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    I took a look at a Carbine at my local Intense dealer on Father's Day. Nice bike; very different from what I am used to, but I didn't take it for an extended test ride yet and I am still holding out on getting more 650b information as I narrow down the choices for my next bike.

    I see so far that Mr Intense has been testing these with 150mm forks. I'm curious what the geo will be for the Carbine with a 160mm 650b fork (aka Fox) with the rear in 152mm mode and with the Talas dropped to 120mm and the rear in 140mm mode?

    I'm hoping, perhaps foolishly, that I can configure the bike to run in a more "XC" mode during the week for my night rides in 120/140mm travel modes with a low BB and steeper geo, and adjust to 160/152mm travels with higher BB for when I hit gnarly mountains at the weekend.

    Is this is hairbrain idea :D or reasonable?

    That's kinda what I do with my Tracer. I use a reverb, big heavy tires, heavier pedals, long travel mode and lighter damping for Enduro rides, then when I'm going epic or XC racey mode I lighten & tighten.
  • 06-26-2012
    Djg24
    WOW!! I have been telling all my riding buddies that the first company to release a bike specifically to run 27.5 tires with 140-150mm travel would have a new customer! And now all Intense has to do is release that Tracer 27.5 and I have my new dream bike! Of course I would buy the Carbine if the price makes sense.

    Awesome bikes! Have the money waiting just let me know when they are to be released!!
  • 06-26-2012
    doralswheels
    Mr. Intense. When will there be available the G1 drop outs for 27.5 for the Tracer 2 i bought from you at the parking lot sale. Please help me get this frame finished (almost done with the polish job). doralswheels@yahoo.com Thanks. Doral
  • 06-27-2012
    Djg24
    I just noticed the blue Tracer has the shock mounted on the down tube and the red one has the shock mounted to the top tube. So which will we see? BTW, I'm still waiting for a release! lol
  • 07-04-2012
    TheNormsk
    I wish we could get a more firm schedule on when these bikes would be released. I have money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm not sure if I'm willing to wait for the 27.5ers.

    I may just end up getting a Tallboy LTc. Shock! A 29er....