Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Congrats Jeff, that is an fantastic looking machine!

What's the RAL number for that red?

Cheers,
    KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver84 View Post
    So will the new 27.5 modified dropouts have both options for either 142 or 135 axles?
    Second Q: Are there any specifics on the geo? Especially comparing different fork sizes 150 - 160?

edit: this in mind...34 FLOAT 27.5 160 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust Bike Fork | FOX

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    That blue frame is sick!

I know they're just a proto, but any ideas if it will hit the market at this point?

mtbr member
    Perhaps some dropouts on 27.5er to allow for bigger 29er wheel clearance? What do you think?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidcopperfield View Post
    perhaps some dropouts on 27.5er to allow for bigger 29er wheel clearance? What do you think?
    fail

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    Perhaps some dropouts on 27.5er to allow for bigger 29er wheel clearance? What do you think?
    ?????????????????

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Mr. Intense, when will we see Intese bikes with wire routing inside the frames? (at least for the carbon frames)

bikeboatbrewski
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti View Post
    Congrats Jeff, that is an fantastic looking machine!

What's the RAL number for that red?

Cheers,
    KP
    Where are those 2.4's at? I wanna slap those on an Uzzi and Buraaaaaaaaaaaaap!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    fail
    Absilutely not. You kiddie wheels' guys want to use new dropouts on 26ers to make them compatible with 584mm rims so why not making a 27.5er frame compatible with 29er wheels?
    Options for everyone. Isn't it what you -650b fanatics- say all the time? Choises are good. Don't get me wrong, simply not everyone sucks at riding a 29er like most 27.5er fans do.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Absilutely not. You kiddie wheels' guys want to use new dropouts on 26ers to make them compatible with 584mm rims so why not making a 27.5er frame compatible with 29er wheels?
    Options for everyone. Isn't it what you -650b fanatics- say all the time? Choises are good. Don't get me wrong, simply not everyone sucks at riding a 29er like most 27.5er fans do.
    Don't you have a bridge to protect?
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Now older but less slow!
    One thing I am interested in on the Carbine with the 27.5 dropouts is as the ISO mount is part of the frame and not on the dropout how this affects the caliper placing for the rear disk? Does it need a custom adapter so that a post mount caliper is in the right place and will one come with the bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Huaa
    Just progressing build my spider29 after long 3 months waiting for this frame and now something already in the pipeline into the saving
    The blue tracer definetely a dream bike!

mtbr member
    Your 27.5's look great. Makes me want to come back to the Intense brand.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    One thing I am interested in on the Carbine with the 27.5 dropouts is as the ISO mount is part of the frame and not on the dropout how this affects the caliper placing for the rear disk? Does it need a custom adapter so that a post mount caliper is in the right place and will one come with the bike?
    In an earlier post, Mr. Intense said that he had a custom post mount to go with the drops for 27.5.
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

Now older but less slow!
    Good to know thanks.

mtbr member

This is from 650b forum

Intense 650b

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I have been riding a great 650b, [or 27.5, depending on your preference].
    At Intense here in California, we built a Tracer 27.5, 137-150mm travel, we refined it, and built a couple more, I love the bike.
    We have also tested a few carbon versions.
    The wheel size is fantastic. Increasing the wheel size from 26 has benefits and 'challenges'. The benefits are linear, the 'challenges' are exponential.
    Therefore, a 650 has benefits similar to a 29er but not as significant, with that said, the 'challenges' with a 650b are almost non-existent.
    You will be able to buy our 650b [27.5] bikes very soon. If I was told today, that I could only have one bike in the garage, it would be a 650b.
    But I wouldnt 'Jimmy Rig', a 26 inch bike. if you need to run a smaller tire to make it fit into your frame, you are defeating the purpose. The outside diameter is the key. A small tire makes for a small outside diameter. I know this is obvious to some of you, but I have heard of a few people making crazy compromises just to run a 650 rim...
    Sharples"

Old-newbie
    I have 650b fever.

I have a Mojo HD 650b. Carving machine, but it hates to climb, and it goes to pieces in the chunky downhill.

I also have a T29 with a Dorado fork. Nice XC/Trail bike, although it took a lot of work to get there. The thin rear hub didn't help.

I think I want an Uzzi 650b. Will it clear a 27.6" NeoMoto? Room to spare for the upcoming MegaMoto? Will I have to mill my own dropouts?

gerG
    Last edited by g3rG; 06-15-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    ...uphill uphill uphill DOWNHILL! uphill uphill uphill uphill DOWNHILL! uphill ...

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    Curious about frame weight on the new 27.5 Carbine and Tracer. Anyone have some numbers?

Now older but less slow!
    I took a look at a Carbine at my local Intense dealer on Father's Day. Nice bike; very different from what I am used to, but I didn't take it for an extended test ride yet and I am still holding out on getting more 650b information as I narrow down the choices for my next bike.

I see so far that Mr Intense has been testing these with 150mm forks. I'm curious what the geo will be for the Carbine with a 160mm 650b fork (aka Fox) with the rear in 152mm mode and with the Talas dropped to 120mm and the rear in 140mm mode?

I'm hoping, perhaps foolishly, that I can configure the bike to run in a more "XC" mode during the week for my night rides in 120/140mm travel modes with a low BB and steeper geo, and adjust to 160/152mm travels with higher BB for when I hit gnarly mountains at the weekend.

Is this is hairbrain idea or reasonable?

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    I took a look at a Carbine at my local Intense dealer on Father's Day. Nice bike; very different from what I am used to, but I didn't take it for an extended test ride yet and I am still holding out on getting more 650b information as I narrow down the choices for my next bike.

I see so far that Mr Intense has been testing these with 150mm forks. I'm curious what the geo will be for the Carbine with a 160mm 650b fork (aka Fox) with the rear in 152mm mode and with the Talas dropped to 120mm and the rear in 140mm mode?

I'm hoping, perhaps foolishly, that I can configure the bike to run in a more "XC" mode during the week for my night rides in 120/140mm travel modes with a low BB and steeper geo, and adjust to 160/152mm travels with higher BB for when I hit gnarly mountains at the weekend.

Is this is hairbrain idea or reasonable?
    That's kinda what I do with my Tracer. I use a reverb, big heavy tires, heavier pedals, long travel mode and lighter damping for Enduro rides, then when I'm going epic or XC racey mode I lighten & tighten.
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    WOW!! I have been telling all my riding buddies that the first company to release a bike specifically to run 27.5 tires with 140-150mm travel would have a new customer! And now all Intense has to do is release that Tracer 27.5 and I have my new dream bike! Of course I would buy the Carbine if the price makes sense.

Awesome bikes! Have the money waiting just let me know when they are to be released!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Mr. Intense. When will there be available the G1 drop outs for 27.5 for the Tracer 2 i bought from you at the parking lot sale. Please help me get this frame finished (almost done with the polish job). doralswheels@yahoo.com Thanks. Doral

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I just noticed the blue Tracer has the shock mounted on the down tube and the red one has the shock mounted to the top tube. So which will we see? BTW, I'm still waiting for a release! lol

Now older but less slow!
    I wish we could get a more firm schedule on when these bikes would be released. I have money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm not sure if I'm willing to wait for the 27.5ers.

I may just end up getting a Tallboy LTc. Shock! A 29er....

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast