Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    bikeboatbrewski
    Yeah, the pre-sales for skis are happening now so I just dropped jack on new planks.

mtbr member
    Press/dealer camp is going to have some good stuff I'd say. Pivot is working on one of these as well. Carbine 27.5 has promise IMO

mtbr member
    @ mr. intense

HEY.
    SO WHEN WILL THE 27.5/650 DROPOUTS BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE?

Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    Well I gave up waiting and ordered a Tallboy LTc over the weekend.

The TBLTc is a good bike. Would a 650b be better? Possibly. But it remains that for 2013 29er choices will invariably be better than 650b.

I wish 650b the best of luck and will keep an eye on this segment.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    Well I gave up waiting and ordered a Tallboy LTc over the weekend.

The TBLTc is a good bike. Would a 650b be better? Possibly. But it remains that for 2013 29er choices will invariably be better than 650b.

I wish 650b the best of luck and will keep an eye on this segment.
    You made a good choice, for sure, but I don't have that choice... as I'm 5'5"
    26 or Killer B is it for me!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    It's coming. My dealer says he got a press release from Intense today. They are taking orders now.

But for delivery when?

I have a Tallboy LTc on order which I will not get until mid August. A Carbine 27.5 could still interest me but if delivery is not till the end of the year then forget it.

mtbr member
    I spoke to a couple of dealers and it is just a matter of when not if at this point. The consensus I heard was October.

Clarification, that was me looking at a complete build. Not interested in buying a carbine 26" and then having to drop another grand on 650b and dropouts. I want a 650b complete. Was told to expect something October.

I am in the same exact camp as you. About to pickup a tallboy ltc but not completely sold on the 29er thing. Living in Santa Barbara we have a ton of rocks and steep and the 650 has my attention right now.

If I can get carbon, VPP, 142, 5+ inches and 650 done deal.

mtbr member
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Interesting that Mr. Intense hasn't updated this post. I'd like to see more colors as well.

They even have a new website for the Tracer 275

Dude, got any schwag?
    May want to look here for Steber's comments.

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b/intense-...0b-802126.html
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member

Tracer 275 launch

From Tracer 275 launch party at Dealer camp in Park City
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27.5 (650b) fever-dealer-camp-86.jpg  

27.5 (650b) fever-dealer-camp-31.jpg  

mtbr member
    Why oh why does the Tracer 275 have a 13.3" BB height and the 26" Tracer 2 a 13.75-14"??? Why can't we 26" lovers get low BBs as well?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

dude an help ..

I have a carbine. What do I need to make it 27.5? the fork and?

will sell the dropouts to change to 27.5 ?

Dudette
    Any idea on the standover for a small?

ride
    Looks like it'll be mid Sept on the Carbine rear dropout conversion to 27.5. Looks like I may be building up some new wheels for my Carbine soon...
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

see me rollin, they hatin
    i've been watching this damn bike. it is a contender for my next bike. seriously. a tad "long" for me in the toptube, but not undoable. total SECKS
    fap

mtbr member
    Looks awesome. Sure hope to see the Tracer 275 and the Carbine 275 at Interbike next month.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Intense is awesome because they give you a lot of versatility and options in their bikes. You can have one bike and tweak it here and there to give a variety of riding styles.

I want the 27.5 because of the wheelbase. Bigger wheelbase is much better on climbs. I hope they bring the 27.5 options to Carbine SL and also produce some lighter weight aluminum 120mm aggressive XC/ trail bikes too along with the internal seatpost cable routing and all internal cable routing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane View Post
    I hope they bring the 27.5 options to Carbine SL and also produce some lighter weight aluminum 120mm aggressive XC/ trail bikes.
    ^^^^This^^^^. Spider 275.

see me rollin, they hatin
    pardon if these were asked before, but frame only? and how much? (do we know yet?) i want to see one of you guys on the pink one. quite sex0r.
    fap

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    pardon if these were asked before, but frame only? and how much? (do we know yet?) i want to see one of you guys on the pink one. quite sex0r.
    Pricing will be equal to the Tracer2. They probably don't have 27.5 kits yet.
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member

Carbine 275 available

Just a heads up that Carbine 275 frames& will be available by end of August and also the G1 27.5 drop out kit will be available separately , Dealers have been alerted of this. be the first to get one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27.5 (650b) fever-2013-carbine-275-165-2.jpg  

27.5 (650b) fever-2013-carbine-275-1.jpg  

27.5 (650b) fever-carbine-275-key-features.jpeg  

27.5 (650b) fever-carbine-275.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Rotor size

Jeff,
    What size rotor do I need to run with the new adapter? I have already ordered the 275 dropouts. 34 Fox Fork came today and the wheel set will be here next week. When will the dropout be shipping out?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridnw/bear View Post
    Jeff,
    What size rotor do I need to run with the new adapter? I have already ordered the 275 dropouts. 34 Fox Fork came today and the wheel set will be here next week. When will the dropout be shipping out?
    G1 27.5 Drop out kits start shipping end of the month , supplied with 6" (160mm) Is2000 to postmount adapter.

Is there an option to upgrade the Factory Fox CTD to CTD with trail adjust?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm going to place my order soon for a tracer 27.5, but I want to decide on a good quality AM wheelset, does anyone have any recommendations? I cant seem to find too much.

I'm going with the Fox Talas 27.5 with 15mm from axle, and but for the rear, which option is recommended??

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason419 View Post
    I'm going to place my order soon for a tracer 27.5, but I want to decide on a good quality AM wheelset, does anyone have any recommendations? I cant seem to find too much.

I'm going with the Fox Talas 27.5 with 15mm from axle, and but for the rear, which option is recommended??
    I think you have to use the 142mm x 12mm axle for the rear hub. I got my fox 34 float in 27.5 for my carbine today. I have stans crest 27.5 with dt Swiss 240 hubs coming next week. I'm 185 lbs but not hard on wheels. I also was trying to save some weight on the wheelset. There isn't many choices out there right now. The Stan's wheels are strong and quite light. Looking for good trail- all mountain tires.

ride
    Pacenti makes a nice 650b rim as well. I've built up a few wheels with them. We've got a 26" demo that's going to get the 650b treatement. It'll have the Pacentis on it.

Kerryn, the Carbine 275 will have a CTD shock, as outlined in the spec's that Mr. Intense dropped earlier. About any boutique bike we've got in over the last couple weeks has 2013 CTD shocks on them. Fox made the switch and started shipping CTD 2013 in place of 2012 RP23s recently.
    Last edited by ignazjr; 08-14-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Does the G1 dropout kit also work on the Tracer 2?

Dave,
    There are five varieties of CTD. The base Evolution does not have the Kishima coating. The base Factory CTD has the kashima coating and with an optional remote. Next is the Factory Kashima with boost valve remote and lastly is the Factory with boost valve and 3-position trail adjust.

I asked as the Santa Cruz I have on order now specs the base Evolution CTD but to get the top spec shock with trail adjust is a $205 up charge.

I'm curious on the case for the Carbine. It sounds like the base Factory CTD but not the top one with boost valve and trail adjust.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    Dave,
    There are five varieties of CTD. The base Evolution does not have the Kishima coating. The base Factory CTD has the kashima coating and with an optional remote. Next is the Factory Kashima with boost valve remote and lastly is the Factory with boost valve and 3-position trail adjust.

I asked as the Santa Cruz I have on order now specs the base Evolution CTD but to get the top spec shock with trail adjust is a $205 up charge.

I'm curious on the case for the Carbine. It sounds like the base Factory CTD but not the top one with boost valve and trail adjust.
    Aaaahh, very interesting. This is good to know. Although I'm pretty sure the base evolution has been tuned for each OEM spec. I used to work for a suspension manufacturer who dyno tested every bike to set damping characteristics. Not sure any up-spec shock will have anything but a generic baseline tune.
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    Aaaahh, very interesting. This is good to know. Although I'm pretty sure the base evolution has been tuned for each OEM spec. I used to work for a suspension manufacturer who dyno tested every bike to set damping characteristics. Not sure any up-spec shock will have anything but a generic baseline tune.

The default air shocks supplied with all our Carbon frames & the Tracer 275 are the top of the line Fox Factory Flat Kashima CTD BV w / trail adjust & the $ msrps listed include that shock not the base model , no smoke & mirrors here. When you add the same shock to other manufactures msrp's they will most likely be more $ as they are listed with the base shock price.

mtbr member
    so what are the build differences in the Carbine 275? Substantial price difference between the two I am assuming it is a big component bump?

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense View Post
    The default air shocks supplied with all our Carbon frames & the Tracer 275 are the top of the line Fox Factory Flat Kashima CTD BV w / trail adjust & the $ msrps listed include that shock not the base model , no smoke & mirrors here. When you add the same shock to other manufactures msrp's they will most likely be more $ as they are listed with the base shock price.
    Nice. Shoulda known...
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member

Carbine 275 build kits

Carbine 275 build kits
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27.5 (650b) fever-carbine-275-build-kit-key-features.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Maybe I missed it, but will the tracer or carbine 27.5 bikes be available to demo at outerbike this year? Would love the opportunity to demo one since its pretty tough to do so in my area.

mtbr member
    We will have a solid fleet of Carbine 275 & Tracer 275 & some other new goodies at Outerbike this year.

mtbr member
    Are you guys planning a 650b for the Carbine SL?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Ordered my red medium tracer 275 last night

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ordered my 275 today. I ordered mine with a Cane creek DBA, I'm counting down the minutes until the end of October, should be a great birthday gift.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    Are you guys planning a 650b for the Carbine SL?
    The Carbine SL does not have the G1 drop out system so not really possible at this point.
    You might be able to do a conversion by running a really small low profile 650 rear tire & standard fork & limit the travel on shocks like a lot of people seem to be doing with other frames but we feel this just jacks the geometry too much and compromises the ride quality and you do not get the full benefit of the wheel size because of the small rear tire you would have to run to get clearance, just my two cents.

mtbr member
    How about putting a Carbine rear triangle on a Carbine SL...then you could convert to 275? I think thats my plan.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Questions to Jeff:
    In your original post, it suggested BB height would be 13.3" for the Carbine, but your recently posted specs says it's 13.7" with 150mm fork. Was the original number a mistake? Or did you decide 13.7" was better after testing?

Thanks,
    William
    Last edited by lixxfe; 08-19-2012 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Just saw the answer to one of my questions so deleting.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    One last question for you guys. I'm buying my build kit, but last time I bought parts was when splined BB's had just came out.

I want to run a 2x10 SRAM X0 crank, so what BB style does the Tracer 275 take?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vmaxx4 View Post
    ^^^^this^^^^. Spider 275.
    yup!
    -Carlos

Flux

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason419 View Post
    One last question for you guys. I'm buying my build kit, but last time I bought parts was when splined BB's had just came out.

I want to run a 2x10 SRAM X0 crank, so what BB style does the Tracer 275 take?
    Tracer 275 runs the same BB as the Tracer 2, so you will just need a standard Truvativ GXP BB.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Ran into Scott & Jake in the demo van last night on my way to the trail. Having no idea they were in town, it was a huge surprise. They let me take the Carbine 27.5 out on my own trails. All I can say is SWEET! It was fast & quick, climbed really well, and ripped the tight, loose corners we have this time of year in Bend. The Carbine frame is so stiff & quiet in the chatter, even compared to my TracerVP. Add the larger wheels, which hooked up better than expected in sandy corners, and gave better traction while standing on loose ground. If only I had more time with it...

[Cross post]
    Billy

... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    I have just decided to sell a kidney and invest the proceeds in a Tracer 275

mtbr member
    can I upgrade my carbine with the new 27,5 rear triangle? I bought it last winter and don't want to change it. it seems that my fox factory 36 talas 160 is compatible with 27,5 wheel...
    thanks!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast