Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 342
  1. #26
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,831
    Good to see. Makes the bike even more versatile.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    82
    There goes my tax refund. Totally freakin' sweet! When, when, when?

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    125
    Damn my bike for this summer isn't here yet, and then this happens. Hmmmm

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    114
    LOVING the blue tracer - except the wheels!

  5. #30
    Gentleman Loser
    Reputation: Count Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    421

    Carbine dropouts

    Jeff -

    Do you plan to make the 27.5 Carbine dropouts available in the near future?

    I am considering a purchase and would love to be able to migrate eventually to 27.5.

    Thanks,

    Tom

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dhbomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    794
    I am too VERY interested in a 27.5 Carbine frame. Time to sell my Tracer VP!

    Please let us know if you plan on selling the G1 dropouts to put some mediums on a Carbine!

    With the release of Fox, Rock Shox and X fusion forks for 650b is a good idea to have an available Intense for that size! You just made my day
    My Bike: http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...3&postcount=49

    On-One Whippet 650b XC machine

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    381
    Excellent!!!! I've been looking at Intense bike for a while, almost bought the Tracer 29er, but didn't. I was looking for a bike that was compatible with 650B/27.5 and still be nimble.....I will take a CARBINE PLEASE!!!

    Release date?
    Retail? Full bike and Frame only?
    Different spec builds?

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    75
    Can the 27.5 Tracer 2 still be used with 160 mm fork? If yes, geometry with both 160mm in the front and in the rear?

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dropmachine.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    514
    So heres a fun question.

    Can a rear end from a Carbine be used on a Carbine SL so we can take advantage of the new dropouts?
    Stuff.

  10. #35
    Pirate!!!
    Reputation: Captain Cobb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,047
    What would really do it for me is a carbon tracer29.

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    19
    The color of the Tracer is nice. New or stock color? Looks a bit like signal blue.

    The Tracer stickers are cool. I want those for the Uzzi frame.

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: awai04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    954
    Saw these bikes in person at SOC. ...EXCELLENT!
    It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

  13. #38
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]
    Reputation: MondoRides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    764
    Couple more pics from the Sea Otter Classic. Sweet bike but noticed someone installed the TLD grips backwards
    27.5 (650b) fever-imageuploadedbytapatalk1335152622.016150.jpg
    27.5 (650b) fever-imageuploadedbytapatalk1335152684.917384.jpg
    ٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(̯)۶

  14. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: awai04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    954
    Hard to say which version (carbon or aluminum) I like better. From what I gather in the original post, the carbon version is the current Carbine with dedicated 27.5 G1 dropouts. The aluminum version is a new design around 27.5" (650b) wheels. Hmm, Carbine with regular Stans rims or Aluminum version frame with Enve carbon wheels?? One of the two would be my choice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27.5 (650b) fever-img_5121.jpg  

    27.5 (650b) fever-img_5125.jpg  

    It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dhbomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    794
    I'll take that Carbine please

    Selling my Tracer VP frame this month!
    My Bike: http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...3&postcount=49

    On-One Whippet 650b XC machine

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mission2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    56
    Damn that carbine should be a do it all bike, wish i didn't buy a new bike 2 years ago. if i could only hide it from my wife...hmmm

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hrdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    180
    Nice, can we get a group buy? Carbine 27.5, do need.
    Last edited by hrdude; 04-23-2012 at 10:01 PM.

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    Nice, can we get a group buy? Carbine 650b, do need.
    Good idea, I'm in!

  19. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jamie_MTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    751

  20. #45
    Baby Bear is in the house
    Reputation: r1Gel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome... View Post
    Just to answer my own question: Carbine SL does not have G1 dropouts, so I presume no scope for this mod.
    Ye, I'd love a 27.5 Carbine SL as the regular Carbine is way too much for my type of riding. Heck, I'd go for a 27.5 Spider! But I guess the carbon retooling for the non-swapout rears would be too costly. The question is, could a Carbine rear fit the SL? Hmmm...
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

  21. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davidcopperfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti View Post
    [...] Offer a 650bSpider and I'll be calling with my credit card digits.

    Cheers,
    KP
    You said yourself that 27.5 is rather for long travel applications and that 29ers occupy the XC realm. Sort of contradicting yourself now?
    Why would you want a 584mm on xc bikes when 29ers simply work there better?
    Let's put Nino aside because his juvenile adrenaline was simply a shill. He even lost to a 26er rider later on.
    Christopher Sauser had it right and commented that smaller wheels than 29" are a compromise. He has more experience on 29ers than Nino. Even small Burry Stander can fit a small 29er.
    Bigger Is Better | Cyclingnews.com

    I don't see much sense in developing 27,5ers with less than 6" of travel. All below is pretty much served by 29ers, however they lack lower gearing, negative riser bars, a bit wider hub flanges. These are the places to improve and innovate. People asked many times for correcting these issues. Nobody wanted to correct them by introducing a smaller wheel everywhere (under 150-160mm stroke) just for the sake of novelty. Smells like money for me.
    Seriously you would succeed more with 29er specific cranks, cassettes, negative handle bars. Why not? There is money in it as well. I guess even more. I am first one to buy a 29er specific drivetrain from you and light 36h 430g 21mm inner width 622mm/700C rims destined for 36x4 lacing pattern with light spokes. What do you think?

    BTW will all 27.5ers frame have 29er specific dropouts as an option to clear bigger wheels? It would be fun when 27.5er long travel bikes appear and the whole 29er crowd will try to make 29" wheel fit in there just like 26er crowd wanted to fit 27,5" wheels. It is only or as much as 38mm difference.
    Last edited by Davidcopperfield; 04-25-2012 at 08:00 AM.

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    You said yourself that 27.5 is rather for long travel applications and that 29ers occupy the XC realm. Sort of contradicting yourself now?
    Why would you want a 584mm on xc bikes when 29ers simply work there better?
    Let's put Nino aside because his juvenile adrenaline was simply a shill. He even lost to a 26er rider later on.
    Christopher Sauser had it right and commented that smaller wheels than 29" are a compromise. He has more experience on 29ers than Nino. Even small Burry Stander can fit a small 29er.
    Bigger Is Better | Cyclingnews.com

    I don't see much sense in developing 27,5ers with less than 6" of travel. All below is pretty much served by 29ers, however they lack lower gearing, negative riser bars, a bit wider hub flanges. These are the places to improve and innovate. People asked many times for correcting these issues. Nobody wanted to correct them by introducing a smaller wheel everywhere (under 150-160mm stroke) just for the sake of novelty. Smells like money for me.
    Seriously you would succeed more with 29er specific cranks, cassettes, negative handle bars. Why not? There is money in it as well. I guess even more. I am first one to buy a 29er specific drivetrain from you and light 36h 430g 21mm inner width 622mm/700C rims destined for 36x4 lacing pattern with light spokes. What do you think?

    BTW will all 27.5ers frame have 29er specific dropouts as an option to clear bigger wheels? It would be fun when 27.5er long travel bikes appear and the whole 29er crowd will try to make 29" wheel fit in there just like 26er crowd wanted to fit 27,5" wheels. It is only or as much as 38mm difference.
    Uh Oh...dousche bag alert!!!!!! It was only a matter of time. The end of the world is coming in 2012.....for the 29er FANBOYS!!!! What are you gonna do?

  23. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    82
    I sure do miss the Penny-farthing.

  24. #49
    Baby Bear is in the house
    Reputation: r1Gel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com View Post
    So heres a fun question.

    Can a rear end from a Carbine be used on a Carbine SL so we can take advantage of the new dropouts?
    I, too, am very much interested in the answer to this. The regular Carbine is just way too much for the type of riding I do and the places I go to. A 27.5 Carbine SL would be perfect!
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

  25. #50
    Missouri sucks...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,290
    Quote Originally Posted by awai04 View Post
    Hmm, Carbine with regular Stans rims or Aluminum version frame with Enve carbon wheels?? One of the two would be my choice.
    Alloy version with ENVE Carbon rims are a game changer! My 27lb Sultan feels like a BMX bike after throwing some 1450gr carbon wheels on there

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •