Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trail Ninja
    Is the European market following in the US's footsteps as far as trends go? 29ers seem to be getting popular there all the sudden, when they were pretty resistant, sticking to 26 before. Perhaps in 2 years, they'll be hot for 650b like the US is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Is the European market following in the US's footsteps as far as trends go? 29ers seem to be getting popular there all the sudden, when they were pretty resistant, sticking to 26 before. Perhaps in 2 years, they'll be hot for 650b like the US is.
    You are aware that it was the major European brands that put enough force behind 650B so that the fork manufacturers gave in and made them in that size? They were afraid they would missed another overhyped trend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    As an European (belgium) i must say you got your info from the wrong guy. 29ers are allready big overhere for the last couple of years and 27.5 is going that direction too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    2015 is going to be awesome for Intense. Can't wait to show everyone what we've been working on!
    Hi Sam,

Eurobike is over and we still haven't seen anything. Or is the Palmer deal the big news?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I've heard that SHOCKER will no longer distribute the Intense brand in Germany and Austria. Therefore Intense was also not present at the Euro Bike. However, the reason I do not know. SHOCKER will continue to sell the brand Devinci.

mtbr member
    Intense were at Eurobike and released a couple of new colour ways and new rear ends on the Carbine and Spider.

mtbr member
    Looks like Carbine has a changed "chipless"rear triangle but the Spider has remained the same. Just BNG for the spider. I have a Spider and love it but want more changed than BNG to get me to buy a new one.
    Last edited by rgeniec; 09-05-2014 at 01:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The Spider and carbine got new rear ends. No more alloy where the bearings are and only 142x12 compatible - same solution as on the new TracerC275.

Those new colours are quite aggressive.

See photos here:

2015 Intense Carbine 29 Factory Build - 2015 Trail, All-Mountain & Enduro Bikes at Eurobike 2014 - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

mtbr member

I wish you were right

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite View Post
    The Spider and carbine got new rear ends. No more alloy where the bearings are and only 142x12 compatible - same solution as on the new TracerC275.

Those new colours are quite aggressive.

See photos here:

2015 Intense Carbine 29 Factory Build - 2015 Trail, All-Mountain & Enduro Bikes at Eurobike 2014 - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

Zoom in on the Yellow Spider rear end in the picture you provided. You will see the same rear end that bolts to the frame. (chips) I wish you were right but the only rear triangle change appears to be the Carbine. I want the Spider. I love my current Spider. I just wish they changed the rear end like the Carbine. What does not make sense to me is the Carbine was introduced AFTER the Spider so the Spider should be getting the first updated rear end. I guess Intense figure the Carbine is longer travel and needed the update first.

74 & 29 pilot
    WOOOOOWWW, those are ugly!! Way too busy...
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yes you right - the new colours tricked me. I thought the swing arms user to be identical on the spider and carbine or were they also different?

mtbr member
    What's wrong with the G1 drop out? For geometry tune-ability it's superior. Rigidity wise it's a non issue, cost and weight then it's debatable.

Color and aesthetics that's a whole other issue! I love the Spider Comp, it's a sick bike regardless of the rear dropouts...or color!!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=manitou2200;11430837]What's wrong with the G1 drop out? For geometry tune-ability it's superior. Rigidity wise it's a non issue, cost and weight then it's debatable.

The G1 dropouts are a flex point and are prone to creaking- at least on my frame. You have to use bearing retaining loctite to solve the problem. A dedicated axle in the triangle is a much better option.

mtbr member

2015 Intense Cycles

[QUOTE=rgeniec;11430849]
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200 View Post
    What's wrong with the G1 drop out? For geometry tune-ability it's superior. Rigidity wise it's a non issue, cost and weight then it's debatable.

The G1 dropouts are a flex point and are prone to creaking- at least on my frame. You have to use bearing retaining loctite to solve the problem. A dedicated axle in the triangle is a much better option.
    I highly doubt you are close to flexing this dropout connection! You may be reading too many forum posts regarding this issue. If you are 200 lbs. and a real real hard charger and not a slug like most then maybe you can actually feel rear triangle flex if not then your post is all just supposition and has no substance to it! Do you not put a wrench on your drop out bolts, chain ring bolts, etc. before each real ride? If not then I suggests you edit your pre-ride check list. All of these type bolts actually require blue locktite and red is actually a better choice. There are responsibilities that come with being a hard charger, if that's what you are claiming.

Sorry, I stand by my prior post regarding the qualities of the G1 dropout. The real benefits from the T275 drop out will be in simplicity and cost of manufacturing, not rigidity of the structure!

mtbr member
    IF it is so great why did they change it on the Carbine? No maintenance is better than having to tighten rear axle drop out chips. Come on. I love my Spider but this is the main reason I wanted the new design and was hoping for a change. The main issue is not flex but rather mine has creaked when under load. I have found that by applying bearing retaining compound to these dropouts and the bottom bracket the creaking has gone away. I have a buddy who is 230lbs and I am trying to get him to buy a Spider. He refuses until they do the rear axle like the 2015 Carbine. This is the best bike that I have owned and I have owned MANY.

mtbr member

2015 Intense Cycles

Simpler no doubt and I don't like the chain ring bolts but the components are strong the CR bolts are the issue. I think the Carbine rear triangle is the same as the Spider. They probably just own inventory of the current so that's the driving issue is my guess. I want to buy a Comp next year but now you've got me thinking about this!!....hmmm?

I do love my Spider 29 especially how I have it built!

mtbr member
    Actually it is a non-issue if you fix any creak on the bike with Loctite 603 retaining compound. Use this between the plates and the frame. Also I have used on the press fit bottom bracket. You can bust out the bottom bracket no problem. I have done it 2x. Just re-apply each time. The stuff is magic. I was only pointing out the rear end because I love this bike so much I am trying to justify buying the new one.
    For information- the front triangle of the Carbine 29 and Spider appear identical. The rear triangle is .25" longer on the Carbine. I think it runs a different top link as well. I am thinking of buying a Carbine and running it in short travel mode with a 130mm pike or possibly 140mm. A burly Spider!

mtbr member

2015 Intense Cycles

I know and use the locktite compounds on many bikes cars etc...I don't like the chain ring bolts but that's a minor deal and they can be replaced. I also don't want a longer rear center on the bike. The bottom and top links are different on the carbine. I know the Carbine is longer in the rear but I'm not sure that it's not accomplished via the lower link. Regardless the Spider is the sleeper bike in this line, tighter rear center quick handling, even with the 67.5* HA using the 140. I'd take the new 1 PC. rear end if it's available for it but I'd take the current one as well it's just not a deal breaker for me. It's a great bike and running the 200x57 shock is the way to go. I always run a 2.25 rear and 2.35-4 front tire with a 140 pike up front. The perfect bike for me!

mtbr member
    " It's a great bike and running the 200x57 shock is the way to go. I always run a 2.25 rear and 2.35-4 front tire with a 140 pike up front. The perfect bike for me!"

Ok now you have me fired up to put it back at 140 up front again!!!
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I had a TBc and never worried about the durabilty, but there are things you just can;t do with carbon that you can Al.

Stock, my Lenz couldn't fit a 32t GPX front ring. I tried a BB30 non dished ring, but the chain line caused backpedaling problems.

Solution, grind a little off the chain stay until the 32t GPX ring fit.

How to fit the new Cane Creek DB Inline on your OLD Lunchbox, or Behemoth.

You're not doing any of these on a carbon bike. Also, with my raw frame, scratches a re character marks.
    Tantrum incoming
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member

mtbr member

2015 Intense Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    I had a TBc and never worried about the durabilty, but there are things you just can;t do with carbon that you can Al.

Stock, my Lenz couldn't fit a 32t GPX front ring. I tried a BB30 non dished ring, but the chain line caused backpedaling problems.

Solution, grind a little off the chain stay until the 32t GPX ring fit.

How to fit the new Cane Creek DB Inline on your OLD Lunchbox, or Behemoth.

You're not doing any of these on a carbon bike. Also, with my raw frame, scratches a re character marks.
    How does this problem with your Lenz have anything to do with our discussions about Intense bikes. I'd say Lenz needs to go back and revise the design of his BB and chain stay to makes sure it accommodates the chain rings folks are using with the 1x and 2x drive lines. I'd be pissed if I had to grind part of a frame to fit a 32t CR, that's piss poor design in my book! Hopefully it was a forged component of the BB and not a tube!

Regardless your post has no real value here and I'm riding a USA built AL Intense bike!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Rubbish!
    What is missing is a 29er with short chainstays!

mtbr member

2015 Intense Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by MrCookie View Post
    Rubbish!
    What is missing is a 29er with short chainstays!
    17.5" chain stays on a 29r are not short enough for you? I really don't know of many 29r's with shorter chain stays than that, except maybe the Spesh Enduro 29. It would be nice to have a shorter rear center on the Spider Comp and maybe if the frame was made as a dedicated 1x bike they could bring the stays in tighter and closer to 17". That would be great if Jeff and the Intense crew made that happen!
    Last edited by manitou2200; 09-10-2014 at 03:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    So . . . can we just call this the "Intense, Y U NO release a new big bike" thread and be done with it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I demo's these bikes this summer:
    17.4 on the Niner WFO 9
    16.9 on the Devinci Atlas
    16.9 Specialized Enduro 29
    I have a Tracer 29, it feels biggggg.

CTB
    mtbr member

mtbr member

2015 Intense Cycles

The Devinci is a DW Split Pivot bike, that's a pretty nice bike! It's CS are as short as the Enduro but it's a shorter travel bike and too steep in the geometry. I would buy that in carbon, frame only if it was 130+ travel. I don't like their builds of it. It's probably a quick handling bike though! I'm not a fan of the WFO and it's no shorter OAL than the Carbine 29. I'll keep my Spider. I'd like to see a new Spider Comp type 1x bike with 17" CS 140-150 travel.

The Tracer 29 is big and long. The WFO and Enduro are not short bikes even with the shorter CS's. I'd use the Spider Comp for comparison to them.

CTB, What were you linking there? We were talking about short CS 29rs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Still no Uzzi c?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Many of the 2015 bikes are up on the Intense website.

mtbr member
    they need to test the new site before flipping it LIVE for the public.

Quote Originally Posted by goobernaculum View Post
    Many of the 2015 bikes are up on the Intense website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteRun View Post
    they need to test the new site before flipping it LIVE for the public.
    True dat!

CTB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200 View Post
    CTB, What were you linking there? We were talking about short CS 29rs.

Sorry, I must have taken the "big bike" comment above to me big news, not 29ers. The first item in what I linked is a new "big" product from Intense for 2015, but it isn't a 29er.

Quote Originally Posted by jstuhlman View Post
    So . . . can we just call this the "Intense, Y U NO release a new big bike" thread and be done with it?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Rode the T275 Tracer C at Bootleg...... amazing bike in the chunk!
    Intense somehow combined fast, fun and flickable. Geo is nailed. I was very impressed.

Rode the Carbine 29 back to back with the T275 and was amazed at the difference. The Carbine was very fast straight line but hard to change lines and "pop" or manual. T275 could manual pop and change lines very well. I knew they would be different on paper but the actual ride difference was shocking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CTB View Post
    Sorry, I must have taken the "big bike" comment above to me big news, not 29ers. The first item in what I linked is a new "big" product from Intense for 2015, but it isn't a 29er.
    Yeah, no worries! There's a few conversations going on here. Looks like no more M9 or built to order maybe, just 2 different 951's, a park and a DH version. I lust for a shorter rear center but slacker 29r. A single ring, short RC, 150-155 mm Spider slacked out a little for a 150 fork. The T275C sounds like a fun bike!

CTB
    mtbr member
    I fear that the T275A will be liberating my money to Temecula sooner than expected...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguru2007 View Post
    Rode the T275 Tracer C at Bootleg...... amazing bike in the chunk!
    Intense somehow combined fast, fun and flickable. Geo is nailed. I was very impressed.

Rode the Carbine 29 back to back with the T275 and was amazed at the difference. The Carbine was very fast straight line but hard to change lines and "pop" or manual. T275 could manual pop and change lines very well. I knew they would be different on paper but the actual ride difference was shocking.
    What do you think those bikes are building up at weight wise? It seems like depending on wheels and tires they could be 26-28 lbs and ride anything! The AL version is probably 1-1.5 lbs. heavier. This could be my next bike, I'm kind of on the fence between a burly Spider Comp build with a 200x57 Inline or this bike.

I'm not in a rush to buy since I rebuilt my Spider 29A with the 140 Pike, Inline and Roval Fatties, it's kind of like a new bike now!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    is it me or do they have all the specs on the new bikes mixed up on the site?

mtbr member

2015 Intense Cycles

As coyoterun said earlier you need to proof before going live. Definitely some issues there.

mtbr member
    I was able to ride the Carbon T275 yesterday, great bike! I'm pretty sure if I can find enough lose change...it's my top pick for my next bike.

mtbr member
    Here is the demo bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Intense Cycles-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    or an Uzzi 27.5?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    That looks like the expert build with fox and XT drivetrain, I rode the "pro" with Sram xo1 with pike and Monarch RC3 plus. I saw the factory build with Enves but could not grab it.

Great bike..

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I'm really curious to see how the aluminum version of the T275 rides compared to the carbon. As someone who has never ridden a carbon bike I am really unsure about which version I want.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Rode the Bike of the Year with a couple of friends. Like stated earlier, this thing shreds! Pick a line, any line, change your line, pop some air, whip it... An absolute pleasure to ride!
    2015 Intense Cycles-dirtdemo.jpg
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Just curious what everyone thinks of the new T275 Alloy - did anyone demo ride it? I definitely miss the look of the monocoque welded top tube. Is the switch to hydroformed tubes an effort to reduce weight or production cost? If it makes it easier for manufacturing I definitely hope that some of the savings are passed to the consumer in a frameset that should be cheaper than the outgoing Tracer 275?? Please...
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Any plans on doing a disc brake road bike, thru axles front and rear, compliance, free set of lungs etc

CTB
    mtbr member
    Fanatik posted this about the T275 alloy:
    The 2015 Intense Tracer 275 Alloy gets some nice improvements for the new model year! Most notably, Intense managed to drop nearly a pound off the frame weight! Fresh decal kit, new colors, and best of all, LOWER price. Stay posted for more info...
    Looking forward to seeing more info and pictures on this bike.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSchwagman View Post
    Rode the Bike of the Year with a couple of friends. Like stated earlier, this thing shreds! Pick a line, any line, change your line, pop some air, whip it... An absolute pleasure to ride!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dirtdemo.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	922898
    What model?
    Front Range, Colorado.

Dude, got any schwag?
    The Interbike bike of the year award winning Tracer T275c
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!