Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200 View Post
    How does this problem with your Lenz have anything to do with our discussions about Intense bikes. I'd say Lenz needs to go back and revise the design of his BB and chain stay to makes sure it accommodates the chain rings folks are using with the 1x and 2x drive lines. I'd be pissed if I had to grind part of a frame to fit a 32t CR, that's piss poor design in my book! Hopefully it was a forged component of the BB and not a tube!

Regardless your post has no real value here and I'm riding a USA built AL Intense bike!
    Missed the point, it was in reference to the discussion on AL vs carbon at the beginning of the tread and not about brand alone, easy to miss when one just wants to be an asshat.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member

2015 Intense Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Missed the point, it was in reference to the discussion on AL vs carbon at the beginning of the tread and not about brand alone, easy to miss when one just wants to be an asshat.
    I didn't miss anything dude! There was discussion of AL vs carbon and BTW this is an Intense thread. I own AL, steel and carbon bikes, all USA made except the carbon bike. Your point and example using your Lenz was out of context. So who's the asshat?
    Last edited by manitou2200; 09-13-2014 at 04:27 PM. Reason: added quote

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200 View Post
    I didn't miss anything dude! There was discussion of AL vs carbon and BTW this is an Intense thread. I own AL, steel and carbon bikes, all USA made except the carbon bike. Your point and example using your Lenz was out of context. So who's the asshat?
    You, the al vs. carbon debate isn't exclusive to Intense.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    You, the al vs. carbon debate isn't exclusive to Intense.
    Get lost punk! You have added absolutely no value to this thread with your dumbass grinding away your BB for a chain ring story.

There is no debate regarding AL and carbon, they are both good materials and have value and a place in bike construction! PERIOD!! We're done with this BS and jabs. You started the asshat insult, so I guess that make you the AH.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSchwagman View Post
    The Interbike bike of the year award winning Tracer T275c
    Awesome!. I'm glad I own the Interbike bike of the year! It really does deserve it. I was riding it the other day, and i said man this thing rocks! It just does everything well!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I must say I was a bit surprised, angry and confused when checking out the geometry on the 2015 spider comp. Longer chainstay and wheelbase, 67 HTA, 160mm PIKE... What? That did not make sense! My next thought was, why do they have the Carbine29 in their lineup if this has travel up to 140mm with a 160mm PIKE? Is it not kind of the same bike?

Well, it turns out, the geo on the Carbine29 is exactly the same with same amounts of travel so I guess Intense mistakenly put the Carbine geo in two places.

EDIT: it seems someone already mentioned it earlier in the thread...

CTB
    mtbr member
    Finally an official acknowledgement that this bike exists!

Intense Cycles Interbike 2014 | Mountain Bike Review

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    so really, no moar uzzi or m9? website gives me a sad. so i guess a "light" 951 "park" model will be my new "all mountain" ride? really disappointed there's nothing left between tracer and 951... might have to go with this: Banshee Bikes Ľ Darkside, 26", Downhill, masterly engineered mountain bikes for sale if my 1st gen Uzzi ever breaks . . . which it won't . . .
    C'MON INTENSE, WTF????

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Apologies if covered, but are there any changes to the 2015 T275c from the 2014 model?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I can see Intense tweaking the Tracer or Carbine chassis to make a new Uzzi. I say give them time. At the same time, "Enduro" is the new fad. You don't see many 7" travel frames.

As for the M9...the 951 Evo replaced it. No need for the M9 anymore.
    2000 Giant DH Team
    2003 Balfa BB7
    2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *break*
    2011 Intense M9
    2014 Intense C29
    2015 Intense 951evo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Robin View Post
    No need for the M9 anymore.
    Unless you want to run some stiff wheels that don't weigh a ton and tires that don't flat left, right and center.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Is the T275 Alloy available frame-only?
    I don't really like the build-kits.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hmmm - that makes the extra $800 for the Foundation build look very good value indeed! (albeit with a lower priced shock)

(looking at the current UK/US Intense prices, I would expect a £1999 price for the frame-only, versus the £2799 Carbon price).

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Does anyone know anything about the rumored carbon DH bike that Intense is planning to release soon?
    Read the second to the last paragraph. Carbon M12???

IB14: New DVO Edition Intense 951, Plus New Hard Eddie Colors

"And just because we like to put the Rumor back in BikeRumor sometimes, we had to ask Sales and Marketing Coordinator Jennifer Gabrielli about the development of a new DH platform, since Intense just announced itís developing a top level World Cup DH Team. She wasnít very forthcoming with details, but did say that a brand new carbon downhill race bike was in the works!"

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Crazy. I'm assuming it'll be a carbon 951 Evo - style chassis. The Evo is still fairly young. I can't see why they would develop a completely different DH chassis.

I'll continue to be on my trusty 2011 M9 for the next couple years. It'll be 650b for next season!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    2000 Giant DH Team
    2003 Balfa BB7
    2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *break*
    2011 Intense M9
    2014 Intense C29
    2015 Intense 951evo

Dude, got any schwag?
    Sworn to secrecy, but y'all are gonna like it!!!
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

From my cold, dead hands
    Quote Originally Posted by AKAndy View Post
    ...Pinkbike Visits The Santa Cruz Test Lab Video:
    Pinkbike Visits The Santa Cruz Test Lab Video - YouTube
    I've pretty much decided on the T275C as my next bike. Rode one at a demo and it blew me away. The only thing that has me a little nervous is the carbon frame. Always been an aluminum guy, however, that video above makes me feel pretty good.

So yeah I'm real close to pulling the trigger on a matte black T275c. Just curious, and I read through this whole thread, any updates on this bike for 2015? At least some better color options besides black or red? Maybe I should wait a while longer...?

mtbr member
    I think you might see some new colors, but that is about it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    I've pretty much decided on the T275C as my next bike. Rode one at a demo and it blew me away. The only thing that has me a little nervous is the carbon frame. Always been an aluminum guy, however, that video above makes me feel pretty good.

So yeah I'm real close to pulling the trigger on a matte black T275c. Just curious, and I read through this whole thread, any updates on this bike for 2015? At least some better color options besides black or red? Maybe I should wait a while longer...?
    I wouldn't worry about color choice, you'll be waiting probably till next fall when the 2016 models come out for that. I have the red one but the black looks pretty sweet. There is nothing new on the 2015's over the 2014's other than the rear Monarch shock is all black. Best bike I've ever owned,... it just keeps impressing me every time I take it out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12