Thread: 2013 Tracer 275

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Listen! 2013 Tracer 275

Any one ride one yet? Do they live up to the hype? Ride reports?

mtbr member

Test rode one at the loaded grand opening

Far faster than my Tracer 29 and the Ellsworth Evolve that I tested the just before the 275 but not as plush as either, that could have been the way they were set up but I really liked the 275.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Personally, I could't tell the difference beween 26 and 27.5. I'd say if you've already got 26" wheels and fork it's not worth the money to swap over to 27.5. However, it's great that they're making G1 dropouts available to give people the option.. I'm trying to unload my Tracer 2 if anyone is interested. It is size large and stealth black. There's a posting for it in the classifieds.

jddist
    May 2008
    Please tell us why you are getting rid of your T2.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I want to buy one of these, and just use my 26" wheels with an angleset. Slacker and lower than a Tracer 2 suits me better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by placebo-X View Post
    I want to buy one of these, and just use my 26" wheels with an angleset. Slacker and lower than a Tracer 2 suits me better.
    I was thinking the other way around: buying 27.5 G1 dropouts and mounting them to the Tracer 2.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Demoed a tracer and carbine 650b. I mean it's pretty much what I expected, something between a 26 and a 29er. I think it's an excellent wheel-size for trail bikes. I'd still rather run a 26 on a tracer though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by placebo-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider View Post
    I was thinking the other way around: buying 27.5 G1 dropouts and mounting them to the Tracer 2.
    Why not put a 275 up front and keep 26 in back?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlucky82 View Post
    Why not put a 275 up front and keep 26 in back?
    Because I would love to have a 26" Tracer 2 with 13.5 or lower BB (similar to Tracer 275) instead of the 14" it has.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    i would keep my tracer 2 and buy the 27.5 dropouts, buy a 650 fork so you can switch 26 to 27.5 wheelsets, im going to do that in a near future, actually own a tracer vp Excellent bike so far