Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004

10-Speed 951...sub 36-lb

Pretty damn sweet build from Fanatik... http://fanatikbike.com/about/custom-...-951-pg781.htm

My leg feels funny
    I really want to see what happens to the XX brakes in a DH setting

Fearing the Reaper
    I don't like the 10-spd chain at all. No thanks.

Otherwise.... ridiculous.

Wonder what the final retail price is?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    With different wheels they could have saved alot more weight

mtbr member
    Not really the build I was thinking. I agree, lighter wheels. How about XT cranks? And Race Face carbon all mountain bar? What about Monkeylite DH, or something meant for aggressive riding?

Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by twouareks
    Not really the build I was thinking. I agree, lighter wheels. How about XT cranks? And Race Face carbon all mountain bar? What about Monkeylite DH, or something meant for aggressive riding?
    XT cranks need to be heavily modified to work on an 83mm BB. Also, I've actually been using the Raceface Sixc bar for DH for quite a while now with no issues. I am perfectly confident in their construction. The Easton monkeylite DH (for now) is still only available in a high rise, and its 15mm narrower than the SixC. These were both reasons why I decided to go with the SixC for my bar.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Or Atlas FR. The armsets are something like 50g lighter then Saint for a 170 83mm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    XT cranks need to be heavily modified to work on an 83mm BB. Also, I've actually been using the Raceface Sixc bar for DH for quite a while now with no issues. I am perfectly confident in their construction. The Easton monkeylite DH (for now) is still only available in a high rise, and its 15mm narrower than the SixC. These were both reasons why I decided to go with the SixC for my bar.

Well alright then. Beautiful bike, btw.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Pretty sick build. I was thinking of getting the XX kit myself, but I thought better of it after talking to the Sram guys at S.O. They said the RD wouldn't like rocks very much, even compared to a XO. I also don't like the old-school-Shimano super cable loop in the back...

Quote Originally Posted by jon_ssss
    Or Atlas FR. The armsets are something like 50g lighter then Saint for a 170 83mm.
    Just arms. If you run each companys BB, the Atlas set up's only 10 grams lighter for the same size arms. If you ran a Shimano BB with the Atlas arms, it would be lighter for sure. They obviously could've went lighter with the whole build anyway by not using a Boxxer WC.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

Just roll it......
    That's my buddy, Mark's, 951. He just came down from Calgary last week to pick it up. I know he got a couple days on the shore with it last weekend, but haven't heard his feelings on it yet. FYI, he's coming off an M6.