mtbr member
    Jan 2011

[Uzzi 2012]: fork...

hi,, i am considering that frame; i already own a Mz 55 micro swtich 12-160 TA MY12...the geometry showed on the website are taken considering a 180mm fork; with mine i will loose i think around 0.6 on the HeadAngle but i dont know if it will take effect also on the Bottom Bracket height??can you help me ???thanks

wuss
    It's not just the fork, also the headset will affect this.

When I first got my Uzzi VP (older model) I had a 0-stack headset and 160mm Van RC2. On rocky trails I had to pretty much keep the G3 on it's steepest position, on smoother ones mid-position was ok. I swapped the fork for a Lyrik 170 which did not make a huge difference (but some). Now I have a headset with a higher stack height and I have enough flexibility to be able to use any G3 position, I think it's also about getting used to the lower BB in general.

I've used a rule of thumb that 1cm is a bit less then 1/2, but the difference will really depend on the size of the frame too. Also for a fork the actual difference will be smaller then for a headset after taking sag into account. With the lyrik I found that changing from an air to coil spring made more difference then changing from the 160mm van to the lyrik, as the air lyrik rode deeper in it's travel keeping the BB lower down.

Anyway, if you are considering the frame you should be fine. Spec it with a headset that has relatively high stack height and you should not have to worry about it unless you are riding really root and rock infected trails. The G3 will let you fine tune the HA / BB very quickly helping you find a balance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    hi, the size is a Medium...having that fork thai is pratically brand new (5-6 rides) and dont want to loop into seleing, buying a new one...also because it is great for my purpose (switch down x uphill)...my usual trials are fulll of rockgardens, roots, techincal ST...i love these ones compared to bikeparks, high speed trails i dont like very much instead...for the Headset i have the 'limit to put 1 1/8 reducers for my fork that has standard steerer...i found a great deal for this frame, but i want to be sure i can use it as i would like...thanks