mtbr member
    Aug 2005

XC/all mountain trails around rock springs

I'm looking for a place to stop on the way home april 29 from Moab to teton valley-preferably about half way. I was looking to be able to truck-camp near trails and then finish the drive home. Rock springs fits in pretty good distance wise, but I've never ridden there. I found a couple trails around there, but not sure if they are worth the stop. The other options at the moment are:
    Vernal-been there and liked it, but the thought of camping in the high wind again is a bit daunting. we camped at the trail head for McCoy Flats. The riding was good
    Good Water Rim Trail-never been, but always happy to see new trail. However it would be a long drive home afterward.

Anyone ridden in all or any of these places that would like to way in is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Call Grey Hair Bike Repair in Green River: Bicycle Dealers Green River, WY - Grey Hair Bike Repair

There are trails, some good, there, but they are hard to find due to lack of kiosk and official trailheads.

see this post: UtahMountainBiking.com • View topic - Green River Wyoming Bike Park/Area Trails w/ Photos