mtbr member

Wydaho Rendezvous

Just wondering if anyone has ever attended the Wydaho festival in Driggs? If so did you get anything out of the clinics? I was thinking of checking it out this year.

beater

Wydaho Rendezvous

I went to the festival last year, but didn't attend any clinics. The festival was well organized, attractively priced, and a lot of fun.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the feedback evasive. Did you do any group rides? How is the hotel situation?

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by GONZMTBING View Post
    Thanks for the feedback evasive. Did you do any group rides? How is the hotel situation?
    Yes, I went on two group rides, and my friends had time for a few more. We also spent a morning shuttling on Teton Pass on our own. Group rides were well organized and presented, and each had two knowledgeable locals to lead and ride sweep. They had a menu of rides sorted into XC or DH, with distance, elevation and a description of the route and terrain. Sign up and show up. Or vice versa. I'd never really been one for group rides, but having visited a couple new areas last year, I realized just how effective they are for learning about an area without wasting time. They take you right to the good stuff.

Hotel situation is limited. There are a couple chains in Driggs, like a Best Western, and there are some mom-and-pops in Driggs and in Victor. I prefer VRBO house or cabin rentals when I'm on a riding trip. That's what we did: rented a cabin. Camping is another option. Some of the locals might have better recommendations, and there might be something about lodging in rideit's TV/JH sticky at the top of this forum.

Odds are good I'll be back for the festival this year. Even if I don't make the festival, I guarantee I'll head back down for at least one weekend of riding. They really are developing a riding destination worth bragging about.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Folks, the festival this year is over Labor Day weekend.
    It will be even more badash, I promise.
    More to come, keep your eyes peeled for more info in the Teton Valley/Jackson sticky!
    Home
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Ok, so those of you that don't know, the Wydaho Rendezvous is held annually inteton Valley, Idaho. It is a pure TVTAP fundraiser for trail development and maintenance in Teton Valley.
    This year it is at Grand Targhee resort. It is labor day weekend, and will feature all of the stuff that great festivals have...
    Beer.
    Group rides
    All day lift served insanity
    clinics
    Trials exhibitions
    food
    bands

and best of all, it is becoming a one stop mini-consumer demo festival.
    Demo fleets will be on hand from
    Giant
    Rocky Mountain
    Santa Cruz
    Specialized
    Pivot
    Scott

Entry is $55 lousy bucks.
    This alone should be enough. pretty ridiculous.
    You will be able to ride whatever bike you want, i would think.
    This includes lifts.
    Beer.
    Music.
    the races, clinics, raffles, etc will be A la Carte/
    (you get some raffle tickets with registration)
    T shirts, a few Snake River Beers every day, t-shirt, and a very good swag bag will be included.

Free group rides all over the valley, from the Pass to the Big Holes, everywhere.
    DH clinics with Shaums March, and trials, beginners, women, and advanced clinics will be available.

Camping is at targhee, so literally roll to the lifts!

There will be two new major trails at Targhee debuting for the race, including a flow trail and (i believe) a new DH.

Andy and Harlan have been working like crazy up there. it's getting nuts, trail wise.
    Feel free to ask any questions, i"ll do my best to answer.
    Hugh Conway will be working the real estate booth, please PM him for condo time share opportunity leads!
    Home

Here is a teaser user video of 38 special, which debuted last fall...(slow time waster)

This is how we do it.
    Last edited by rideit; 08-05-2013 at 09:09 AM.

beater
    I'm not 100% yet, but there's a reasonable chance I'll make it down this year. Fingers crossed. Formally incorporating Targhee seems like a good move.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Just an update, TREK will also be joining us with their demo fleet at the Rendezvous.
    As far as I can tell, this is the largest consumer gathering of manufacturers demo fleets outside of Outerbike in Moab.
    More stuff,raffle prizes, and info here:

Wydaho Rendezvous Roundup Newsletter #3

It's going to a pretty serious opportunity to ride any bike you might be looking at, on any type of trail you could imagine. I think you can even race the demos.

Please link this and share it, we really want to make this an annual event with all of the manufacturers!
    Ps: temps are usually bout perfect over Labor Day ( anti-jinx!)
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."