Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

WTF is up with Roseanne Barr?

Is it just me or are you seeing adverts for Roseanne Barr videos too? It this the gentler Roseanne we're seeing? Must Roseanne Barr video adverts be used to pay for our Internet follies? Is there a mountainbiker in the universe who would buy a Roseanne Barr video (besides Westin of course). What ever happened to the good old skanky Roseanne?

MTB content: Are Chris King headsets really just bike jewelry?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    You can use the CK headset as a cawck ring...how bout that for an image. Otherwise, they are are really good headsets made by a really cool company that wears wool, has a woman that would not be allowed to have her choice of significant other in Idaho, generates very little wastewater from the manufacturing process, is Roseanne-free, makes you wait in long lines, smells funny, probably hires artsy-fartsy French people who smell worse than the building, serves overprices liquor...headsets.

What is the attraction to Chris King Headsets? Is it one of those things where supporting Chris King makes someone feel superior to an Cane Creek patron??
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher

What is the attraction to Chris King Headsets? Is it one of those things where supporting Chris King makes someone feel superior to an Cane Creek patron??
    Light, cheap , strong , pick two. They are light and strong . The scales and tales don' t lie.

Made in the USA .
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    I'm wondering when we can buy our special wool King headset...

Wow! Someone actually thought I was serious!

Evel you should probably know that I have CK headsets on 3 bikes. I was just mocking another poster from different thread for the amusement of Twisted. He is as demented as I. Nice spec's on your Bullit. My '03 Bullit is spec'd like this:

Easton Scandium DH bar
    Thomson stem & seatpost
    X-9 rear derailleur and shifters
    XT front derailleur
    Hayes 8" hydros
    Mavic 3.1 Tubeless DH Rims (wider than normal 3.1s) on XT rear, and Marzocchi 20mm front
    Hussefelt dual rings with E-13 DRS
    Maxxis Minion 2.5 Supertacky DH F&R
    Sherman Slider (I really want a 36RC2)
    and best of all...all of it is matte black!!

Who knew K. Bontrager's words would be used so much.

I'm gonna hold out for the cardboard one scented with patchoulli...

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    I'm gonna hold out for the cardboard one scented with patchoulli...
    Only if you can buy it from a nazi, skydiving clown.

I hear you can find one of those behind the counter of the Flicks, or in the bathroom handing out warm towels.

gringo-fied facsimiles

might be able to help on the 36RC2

Hey Visicypher, if you are interested leave me a message. hows better than wholesale sound? CK is nice stuff, is it worth the money? hasnt been proven in my eyes. MY .02

Wow! Someone actually thought I was serious!

Evel you should probably know that I have CK headsets on 3 bikes. I was just mocking another poster from different thread for the amusement of Twisted. He is as demented as I. Nice spec's on your Bullit. My '03 Bullit is spec'd like this:

Easton Scandium DH bar
    Thomson stem & seatpost
    X-9 rear derailleur and shifters
    XT front derailleur
    Hayes 8" hydros
    Mavic 3.1 Tubeless DH Rims (wider than normal 3.1s) on XT rear, and Marzocchi 20mm front
    Hussefelt dual rings with E-13 DRS
    Maxxis Minion 2.5 Supertacky DH F&R
    Sherman Slider (I really want a 36RC2)
    and best of all...all of it is matte black!!

Who knew K. Bontrager's words would be used so much.

roar
    Dirk, back to Roseanne Barr (warning: no bike content in this post) I agree... Its disturbing seeing the old nag dressed up with a blonde wig, cowboy hat, and guitar, ready to do a Lamb Chop skit. I would rather see Pee Wee Herman brought back than see Roseanne doing Children's television.
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbarbie
    Dirk, back to Roseanne Barr (warning: no bike content in this post) I agree... Its disturbing seeing the old nag dressed up with a blonde wig, cowboy hat, and guitar, ready to do a Lamb Chop skit. I would rather see Pee Wee Herman brought back than see Roseanne doing Children's television.
    Pee Wee Herman and Rodeanne Barr. Hmmmm..... The mind wanders. Anyone else want to field this one?

Hmmm....

The mental image is of someone eating sloppy joe at an adult film event while wearing a blonde wig, highwater pants, a cowboy hat and battling the noodle.

sharing the love
    Chris King headsets are warranteed for 10 years. Mine has been on a couple frames and will likely see a couple more. We put a race face on my wifes bike because we couldn't get a king....it fell apart within a month. There are other nice headsets out there though for less money than a king.

King hubs (rear) on the other hand are widely used in trials. 72 engagement points. Solid engagement....most of the time. Strong. Most hubs will blow apart under the forces from trials riding. However, I do find it humorous to see king hubs on XC bikes. Unless your racing for a world cup medal, you probably spent too much money for something that just looks and sounds cool (or obnoxious, depending on your viewpoint). They are totally unnecessary for most people.

That was probably about $0.03 worth.
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

People actually took you seriously. Bow down to the power of Twisted. haha.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zebdi
    However, I do find it humorous to see king hubs on XC bikes. Unless your racing for a world cup medal, you probably spent too much money for something that just looks and sounds cool (or obnoxious, depending on your viewpoint). They are totally unnecessary for most people.
    Interesting position, as usual. Applying that same logic, I could argue that anyone riding cross country on anything nicer or more expensive than, say, an el-cheapo rigid steel singlespeed, has "spent too much money for something that just looks cool." I mean, who really needs gears or suspension unless "your [sic] racing for a world cup medal?"

(That said, I'm diggin' the ManOwar avatar.)
    Last edited by Earthpig; 02-21-2006 at 02:01 PM.

sharing the love
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Interesting position, as usual. Applying that same logic, I could argue that anyone riding cross country on anything nicer or more expensive than, say, an el-cheapo rigid steel singlespeed, has "spent too much money for something that just looks cool." I mean, who really needs gears or suspension unless "your [sic] racing for a world cup medal?"
    Word! (maybe I over-generalized a bit.....not unlike telling everyone where the white trash live in the valley) But it still makes me giggle a little to see/hear them, but not nearly as bad as shaved legs (but man do they look fast).

And nice catch on my typo; I'm starting to spell the rest of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    (That said, I'm diggin' the ManOwar avatar.)
    I'm glad someone enjoys it. Since the resolution is so poor on avatars...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

ManOwar!!!

I like these ManOwar lyrics about group mountain bike rides:

By moonlight we ride
    Ten thousands side by side
    With swords drawn held high
    Our whips and armours shine
    Hail to thee our infantry
    Still brave beyond the grave
    All have sworn the eternal vow
    The time to strike is now
    Chorus

Kill, kill, Oh !
    Kill, kill, Oh !
    Kill, kill, Oh !
    Kill, kill, Oh !

Great stuff. ManOwar - official metal band of Canyon County.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Dialectical materialism is the philosophical basis of Marxism as defined by later Communists and their Parties (sometimes called "orthodox" Marxism). As the name signals, it is an outgrowth of both Hegel's dialectics and Ludwig Feuerbach's and Karl Marx's philosophical materialism, and is most directly traced to Marx's fellow thinker, Friedrich Engels. It uses the concepts of thesis, antithesis and synthesis to explain the growth and development of human history. It should however be noted that dialectical materialism cannot be reduced to this interpretation alone.

For formal approaches, the main predication of 'dialectical opposition or contradiction' must be understood as 'some sense' opposition between the objects involved in a directly associated context. 'Dialectical contradiction' is not reducible to simple 'opposites' or 'negation'.

Some Marxist theorists, critical of dialectical materialism, have called for a reassessment of the place of Engels' work Dialectics of Nature in the Marxist canon. They note that the term "dialectical materialism" originates with Russian theorist Georgi Plekhanov and that Marx preferred the term "the materialist conception of history", which was later shortened to "historical materialism" by Engels. This, they argue, limits his method within a specifically human, sociological context, distinguishing it from a universalizing theory. And apart from the historical materialists, other thinkers in Marxist philosophy have had recourse to the original texts of Marx and Engels and have created other Marxist philosophical projects and concepts which are alternatives, and sometimes rivals, to the often-Party-sponsored ideas of "diamat" (an abbreviation for "dialectical materialism").

While dialectical materialism has been traditionally associated almost exclusively with Marxism, some claim that the philosophy is applicable to a non-Marxist worldview as well. There is nothing in either the concept of dialectic as elaborated by Hegel or in materialism itself which requires Marxism. However, because Marxism is essentially free of traditional theological influences, it is particularly well-suited to dialectical materialism, and a comparable political system based on the philosophy has not yet emerged.

Hi!!!
    So how many miles is it from Boise to Moab? I know plan on about 10 hours or so to get there. So what....700+ one way?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    So how many miles is it from Boise to Moab? I know plan on about 10 hours or so to get there. So what....700+ one way?
    I can't remember the mileage (haven't been there in 3 years), but I do remember it being about a 9 hour drive.

Hoops - Big and Small

10 is a big number

Did it in a little over 8 once - would'nt recommend it. 10 is no problem, folks that use I-15 from Tremonton (good gas station stop) on south seem to drive pretty fast. You can get traffic in SLC, adjust you schedule if it matters. I always like to stop at Spanish Fly (Fork) for a bite to eat, if you know what I mean.

If you get into Moab a couple of hours before sunset I would highly recommend Amassa Back or Slick Dork (Rock) for catching the sunset. If you take bike lights Slick Rock at night is a blast - and by full moon light is even better. Since you like to hike be sure and visit the Fiery Furnace and Fisher Towers. I hear Moab calling.

Check out this vitual tour

http://redcliffslodge.com/virtual-to...wers/index.htm

Hi!!!
    [size=5] mapquest [/size]
    That's too easy!!!!

From the office to Moab it looks like 572 miles. So let's just round that up to 600. Now time to figure out gas costs. I just hope gas ain't surpassing the $2.50 mark anytime soon.

sharing the love

mtbr member
    Google maps is the best, True that, Double True

roar
    Don't know the mileage, but it took us 9 hours when we went in November, and we even went through some fog and conditions that slowed us down a bit. I think we left at like 4 am on Friday, and we were on the Slickrock trail by 2.
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast