Thread: Wtf? Cda riders

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Wtf? Cda riders

Every time a new riding season starts there has to be some idiot who goes out there and starts modifying trails to suit their own riding skills. Yesterday on the Totten's Pond trail there are new roots chopped out of the trail to make it smoother. This has been going on for years, particularly on the caribou ridge trail, and it must stop.

If you cannot ride a certain section of trail, get some better skills or ride somewhere else. Or better yet, find a new sport.
    Last edited by nightrider76; 04-15-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrider76 View Post
    Every time a new riding season starts there has to be some idiot who goes out there and starts modifying trails to suit their own riding skills. Yesterday on the Totten's Pond trail there are new roots chopped out of the trail to make it smoother. This has been going on for years, particularly on the caribou ridge trail, and it must stop.

If you cannot ride a certain section of trail, get some better skills or ride somewhere else. Or, better yet, find a new sport.

Tottens pond trail has been found in the last few years and has had lots more activity then in the past, Its also a debate point on how or who should be taking care of it.. I certainty agree with you that no one should be cutting out roots from the trail. But that is what happens when you have a *****in little trail right in town...

There are a group of us that have dedicated to working on the CDA mountain trails to keep them first of all open, and then to make them into more sustainable and better riding for everyone. To the best of my knowledge there hasnt been too many other people doing work on those trails other then our group (Al feel free to say otherwise if I am out of the loop)..

If you have any issues or want to help, I would suggest you get in contact with some of us..

Here is the Link to our Facebook page
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    actually there has been quite a bit of trail work on cda mountain that was done by old school cda guys. Lots of stuff done on the backside of the mountain. Rick Vance we are grateful for all the work you have done. You old grey haired guy.

tottens pound is also a very popular horse trail. Maybe they cut the roots out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    lake city trail builders

thanks for the work you folks do.

Member of The Yeti Tribe

Re: Wtf? Cda riders

Quote Originally Posted by tim208 View Post
    actually there has been quite a bit of trail work on cda mountain that was done by old school cda guys. Lots of stuff done on the backside of the mountain. Rick Vance we are grateful for all the work you have done. You old grey haired guy.

tottens pound is also a very popular horse trail. Maybe they cut the roots out.
    I have only ridden the stuff on the front of the hill. I have never dove off on the other side. But I have herd good things. We have done the work to caribou, 258 (the connector) and 257. And there a few guys that bust their butts out there to keep the trails so nice for us.

And there has always been horse riders that do (sometimes shady) work to tottens and lots more that give you the mean mug when you ride by. I don't get how I still manage to spooke so many horse riders with how loud my DT hubs sing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    the gravity crowd does stay away from the back side because you can't really shuttle. But for us guys who don't mind some big climbs to get some fun downhills, the back side rocks. 227 and 257 meet down in carlin creek, so there is all kinds of loops or figure 8 you can do. but like i said, that means you are climbing up that mountain twice.

I have no problem showing you this summer. There is not enough traffic to ever have a problem in there. And i know vertical earth clears some trails on the backside also.

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    I resent that gravity comment!! I can self shuttle on occasion too.. ha..

I have talked with Cully from the Trek shop and Mike and doug from Vert about the backside and it looks great,I have just never had the time and motivation to go do a big figure 8 out there..

I will have to check it out this summer.. Another Ride I need to do this summer is the Jordan Camp CDA river trail, I have heard good things..

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Someone is cutting roots on CDA Mt??? I haven't seen any roots cut out recently.. It isn't me othat is cutting out roots. I like it roots...and I don't like putting my chain in the dirt. We have cleared out A LOT of DEAD trees and done a bit of brushcutting.

As an FYI, I won't do work on Totten's...some other folks work in it.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Oh....I have cleared part of 227 before. Will probably try to do it again this year. It is hard work getting that saw and trailer out of bottom of that trail!!!
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    visi

I know Gaertner has pulled a bob trailer loaded down out of there, but there is a reason he wins the cascade cream puff 100.

I have always wanted to set up a trail clearing shuttle. meet in carlin bay, leave a rig, go up burma and drop 2 crews off, one on 227 and the other on 257 and meet at the rig in carlin creek. I have thought of this a time or two, even just drop me off and let me cut my way to my rig.

Member of The Yeti Tribe

Re: Wtf? Cda riders

Quote Originally Posted by tim208 View Post
    visi

I know Gaertner has pulled a bob trailer loaded down out of there, but there is a reason he wins the cascade cream puff 100.

I have always wanted to set up a trail clearing shuttle. meet in carlin bay, leave a rig, go up burma and drop 2 crews off, one on 227 and the other on 257 and meet at the rig in carlin creek. I have thought of this a time or two, even just drop me off and let me cut my way to my rig.
    We really should talk with mike and get him to help out. I would imagine he and Doug would be freaks working trails if they can cut trail half as well as they ride.

Tim, when I get back into town in a month I would help you do this. Keep in touch.

Sent from my phablet

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Swan

sounds good, and i can also give you some info on the cda river trai that you mentioned.
    road 257 yesterday, decent dirt and a couple of trees fell in the last storm.