Hoops - Big and Small

Who's the Ridge to Rivers Manager?

What's going on with the Barney Loop? - Looks like the Ridge to Rivers Manager decided to close a fun section. Why? How much did those signs cost?

This now closed section could be a trailhead for a hiking only trail that parallels Freeway to the Top O Hull's.

There's water running down the middle of the Top of Freeway and it needs work!

Come on guys (Ridge to Rivers) your crew resources are being mismanaged. Focus on Trail Tread and Pull Out's to minimize trail conflicts.

O.K. I'am putting my loose cannon back in the holster - rant over, back to your regular programming.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Segregation is alive and well!!!!
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Hoops - Big and Small

I'am a multi-use confused trail user

Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Segregation is alive and well!!!!
    I'am all for single-track, trails that force users to stop and say Hi to each other.

That's just not how it will play out in the foothills. You can see it developing with the new off-leash designated trail. Segmentation/Segregation is the soup de jour.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I say we just boycot Hulls. Yep. That will send a message. Either that or we get the torches and the shovels and rakes, fuel up a mob with free MD2020 and find someone to lynch. It doesn't have to be anyone important but we should at least leave a smoldering corpse dangling from an electrical tower somewhere.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Hoops - Big and Small

Dude Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    find someone to lynch. It doesn't have to be anyone important but we should at least leave a smoldering corpse dangling from an electrical tower somewhere.
    Damn you come up with some great visuals - How about Racer Dude kitted out in a cool Club Jersey hanging from the wire.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    How about Racer Dude kitted out in a cool Club Jersey hanging from the wire.
    All those electrical volts should fry the leg hair right off of the racer dude, but it might do some funny thing to his heart monitor readout.

On a related topic, it did appear yesterday that some recent trail work has been done on Hulls itself.

Barneys Unite!

According to th RTR Website

you can contact them at bpr@cityofboise.org -- but I don't know if that actually works.

TF

Hoops - Big and Small

More Water (Jump) Bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    On a related topic, it did appear yesterday that some recent trail work has been done on Hulls itself.
    I noticed some Trail Tread work also - seems like they may have speeded up some sections by smoothing out the trail bed. I like Hull's nasty and dirty, more fun for the double boinger, since I've been Slinging the foothills rigid I like a trail with fresh Brazilian Wax job.

Hoops - Big and Small

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by TFloyd
    you can contact them at bpr@cityofboise.org -- but I don't know if that actually works.
    TF
    I think Dave G is in charge of the trail crew's - just trying to stir the pot and see if I could get Dave to come on board and participate in this cluster.

Tim B started a call in phone number for trail conditions report - way back when. I think Dave could get some of his action items done if he came in here and worked with this motley bunch of dudes/dudettes.

I once recommended to Dave & R2R that they post signage for when they do maintenance....similar to signage in Whistler that warns of "manmade features". I got shot down. It would be too difficult I was told.

Hope it works out for you Brett.

Hoops - Big and Small

Took one for the Team?

I once recommended to Dave & R2R that they post signage for when they do maintenance....similar to signage in Whistler that warns of "manmade features". I got shot down. It would be too difficult I was told.
    Hope it works out for you Brett.
    Kind of ironic how it's not to difficult to put up trail closures signs - Yet the signage warning downhill users to yield to uphill users is obscured in a tri-angle of information.

I think the Whistler idea has some merit - when people see an organized collective effort they are more likely to respect or at least take notice of what's going on.

I made the request out of safety because I heard people were eatin' sh!t on the new water bars on some of the existing trails. I was told the blah blah that riders should ride more responsibly and reasonably given the conditions.

All I wanted was Pepsi....errr....a lil' yellow sign on each of the existing signposts.

Like I said...good luck.

26er

Easement

What's going on with the Barney Loop? - Looks like the Ridge to Rivers Manager decided to close a fun section. Why? How much did those signs cost?

This now closed section could be a trailhead for a hiking only trail that parallels Freeway to the Top O Hull's.

There's water running down the middle of the Top of Freeway and it needs work!

Come on guys (Ridge to Rivers) your crew resources are being mismanaged. Focus on Trail Tread and Pull Out's to minimize trail conflicts.

O.K. I'am putting my loose cannon back in the holster - rant over, back to your regular programming.
    Since Ridge to Rivers only has an easement for the freeway and not the psuedo hiking trail they really can't mark it as open and are required to close it since travel off of the trail which is the easement is considered trespassing. I am sure david gorden could speak to this more than I can and I highly doubt he surfs onto this message board.

On the trail maintenance signs I find them totally unnessecary since you should be riding undercontrol and within your abilities. What is next if you sign when they do maintenance, does that mean you need to sign after a big rain storm which created some new ruts.
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

Wow!!!

Try it saying this way: "The issue of signage for trail maintenence inherently brings about issues of liabiltiy, appropriateness, and economics that I am sure the City of Boise is not prepared to address at this time." It is not "totally unnecessary" if someone has a concern about it, and the aforemention language makes it seem like you are addressing your constituents concern while still conveying the position of Paul, Dave, and the City of Boise.

Btw: ...one natural event...one man-made....

So there I was riding along on a trail that has been dry for 3 weeks when I turn a corner and find a 2' new high water bar made of 3 inches duff....

TC - who new the conflict management training would ever be useful!!! Damn it I really want to make a scathing post though.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    TC - who new the conflict management training would ever be useful!!! Damn it I really want to make a scathing post though.
    Normal people. I hate the scumsucking buttlicking fartsniffing douchebag pantywastes. Especially when they take credit for slam dunks that aren't theirs to begin with and don't accept accountability for things they're responsible for. Goddamnpussies.

We are talking about the same thing aren't we?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

LMFAO - of course. I try not to think seriously here, but the olfactory nerves seem to concur with you.

You used buttlicking and fartsniffing. Right on!!!

We should ride again soon.

Damn!!! I had typos. My tech editor really needs to work on that.

Hoops - Big and Small

Riding in control is relative term

Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    On the trail maintenance signs I find them totally unnessecary since you should be riding undercontrol and within your abilities.
    You can be in total control and the ride is totally boring. If your stretching your comfort zone and pushing the envelop ever so slightly, knowing what's ahead of you helps. This might include a new set of Jump Water Bars.

I know this sounds esoteric but that's part of mountain biking. Repeating a trail so that each time you ride you get just a little bit better. If there is a new feature it takes awhile to dial it into your memory muscles, and bring that feature into you comfort zone.

It is time for Duff Beer.

mtbr member
    I noticed some Trail Tread work also - seems like they may have speeded up some sections by smoothing out the trail bed. I like Hull's nasty and dirty, more fun for the double boinger, since I've been Slinging the foothills rigid I like a trail with fresh Brazilian Wax job.
    i am an early season victim of one of boise's awesome water bar jumps (i think?).

out of control. yeah, maybe. no skills.. yeah, probably. wounds on each elbow and each knee....yep..not as painful as my front crossmax being destroyed though.

so, just out of curiosity....are our foothills trail water bar jumps up to IMBA standards? just curious if we're meeting the height/pitch and frequency/spacing guidelines set out by IMBA.

sharing the love

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    just curious if we're meeting the height/pitch and frequency/spacing guidelines set out by IMBA.
    The Only Effective Solution - Rolling Grade Dips

Boise's water bars...

[SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

pot seems to be adequately stirred.