mtbr member
    Apr 2009

White Cloud area trail Question...

Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has ridden hunter creek to east pass creek areas... I am planning a bike/camping trip in that area this coming year. Any information would we really helpful. I will probably be using a BOB trailer. Unless that is not a good idea. Just looking for some insight.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have gone from Bowery Creek through East Pass to Hunter. I have also climbed up Hunter from the lost river side but did not drop into East Pass Creek at that time.
    It is steep stuff. I have never ridden with a BOB trailer, so not much help there. I think you will struggle with the trailer. Good luck and post up some pics when you get in there. The Aspens in East Pass Creek should be awesome right now.
    ATV = fat A$$

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by butryon View Post
    I have gone from Bowery Creek through East Pass to Hunter. I have also climbed up Hunter from the lost river side but did not drop into East Pass Creek at that time.
    It is steep stuff. I have never ridden with a BOB trailer, so not much help there. I think you will struggle with the trailer. Good luck and post up some pics when you get in there. The Aspens in East Pass Creek should be awesome right now.
    Thanks for the reply. I am trying to plan it for next year. Maybe I will leave the trailer at home.

mtbr member
    After having riding loaded on about 50% of the trails in the White Clouds in the last 3 months, I would not advise a BOB trailer. Even with a lightweight summer bikepacking setup, we still had hike-a-bikes. Another point to consider, is on the downhills the wide frame of the BOB sits so low, it may clip various object. The results probably not ending in the rider's favor.

Looking forward to seeing how those trails work out, as I've never been on them.
    Casey Greene - Cartographer - Adventure Cycling Association
    http://greenecasey.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thanks for the heads up Casey, I actually got a Sun Valley area trail map, but I think now I need the White Cloud area adventure map as well. I think I will skip the BOB and just do a pack.