Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Where are the fat bikes in Boise

I've seen a few of you out there in the foothills...where are you guys going? Before the last dump of snow, the foothills were pretty rideable until you get to the back side (i.e. Watchmen, etc). We need a fat bike brigade to go out there and pack down the snow so I can go riding again!

Fat bikers unite! then let me know where you united at.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    There are four of them at Meridian cycles
    Last edited by Fred Smedley; 01-12-2013 at 08:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

One in Eagle...

I have a 9:zero:7...

If you're on Facebook check out group ' Fat Bike Boise ' .

Also, I chatted with someone at Meridian Cycles on FB and asked them to put together a fat bike ride. Would be cool to know some other fat bikers.
    Hope Pro II hubs save lives.

mtbr member
    Does Meridian rent fat bikes?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Sorry, don't know..

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I spoke with the sales manager from Meridian yesterday and they are planning to have some fat bike rentals. Not sure when though....

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Does Meridian rent fat bikes?

mtbr member
    Probably not this season with the way sales have been. I'd love to have their medium beargrease, but it is not in the financial cards this season.

Other than the backside, it seems like most of the front range is rideable even by us skinny-tired folk. So long as you guys keep packing it down.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Yeah, I saw three skinny's out yesterday. It was slow going for them, but they were doing it...

Other than the backside, it seems like most of the front range is rideable even by us skinny-tired folk. So long as you guys keep packing it down.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Well on Fat Tire of course!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are the fat bikes in Boise-j6kykvpccpo72ultl41hheelpzr7f-hupel9rfrlj9s.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Werd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by justa COG View Post
    Well on Fat Tire of course!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Fat bikes are cool, however some riders have no respect for cross country skiers. Last weekend I was up at my local trail going up a steep hill and 4 fat bikers going downhill almost hit me. I was forced to stop and get out of the way climbing and slipped on my skis and fell. Im just ranting, but please make sure you fat bikers yield to skiers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Meridian cycles will be renting a Large and a Small Mukluk 3 beginning tomorrow.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Fat bike dewshtards on XC ski trails

Quote Originally Posted by stumpynerd View Post
    Fat bikes are cool, however some riders have no respect for cross country skiers. Last weekend I was up at my local trail going up a steep hill and 4 fat bikers going downhill almost hit me. I was forced to stop and get out of the way climbing and slipped on my skis and fell. Im just ranting, but please make sure you fat bikers yield to skiers.
    It's gotten so polluted with drama that IMBA has issued a policy statement to stem the hemorrhaging of good will due to fat bikers behaving badly on XC ski trails.

IMBA Fat Bike Policy

Fact is, I wouldn't hesitate to pummel a fat biker to a greasy pulp with my way expensive super ultra lightweight space age skatin' poles should I come across one trashing the corduroy.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member

Smile ! ! ! ! ! !

I've seen a few of you out there in the foothills...where are you guys going? Before the last dump of snow, the foothills were pretty rideable until you get to the back side (i.e. Watchmen, etc). We need a fat bike brigade to go out there and pack down the snow so I can go riding again!

Fat bikers unite! then let me know where you united at.
    Hit me up.
    Runnin the Mukluk 3 in orange.
    took it out tonight with the mutts, looking to ride more with other fattys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are the fat bikes in Boise-photo-2013-01-20-13.36.jpg  

Last edited by rotten1; 01-21-2013 at 08:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank View Post
    wouldn't hesitate to pummel a fat biker to a greasy pulp with my way expensive super ultra lightweight space age skatin' poles should I come across one trashing the corduroy.
    Oh the Norique Angst!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank View Post
    It's gotten so polluted with drama that IMBA has issued a policy statement to stem the hemorrhaging of good will due to fat bikers behaving badly on XC ski trails.

IMBA Fat Bike Policy

Fact is, I wouldn't hesitate to pummel a fat biker to a greasy pulp with my way expensive super ultra lightweight space age skatin' poles should I come across one trashing the corduroy.
    So two wrongs make it right? Personally, I believe there is room for both user groups. I understand the desire to keep the groomed trails in good shape for skiing, but can't we just learn to get along? Fatbikers, don't mess up the groomed stuff, make sure you have permission before riding it.

Mikey

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The Fat Biking in the foothills has been incredible over the past three weeks. The lower stuff if doable on regular mtb right now but I would argue that it is more fun on the fattie. The traction is simply better.

The upper trails like 5-Mile, Watchman's, and upper Three Bears are definitely fat bike territory.

I hope we get another shot of snow to freshen things up a bit!
    Eat Food. Chop Wood. Ride Bike.

mtbr member
    No Fooling - Meridian cycles will be at Bogus Sat and at Fort Boise on Sunday to Demo Fat bikes. When I know more I'll pass it on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Howley View Post
    No Fooling - Meridian cycles will be at Bogus Sat and at Fort Boise on Sunday to Demo Fat bikes. When I know more I'll pass it on.
    That's awesome. Hopefully the demo on Saturday will be in the evening after the barking spider.

mtbr member
    I was a Fool yesterday to post before the event was inked. So - not knowing if it will go or not... I'll let you know when I know...

mtbr member
    If you've got a fat bike or want to try one, then file this one away for next spring- snowy45.com or like it on FB. Its a costume party and a fat bike relay race broke out and it was a blast- 4 person team, 1 bike, plus costumes.

mtbr member
    New locations are now official:
    Fat Bike Demo 2013

4/6: 10-4 at the Velopark
    4/7: 12-4 at Freestone Creek Trailhead (up Mt. Cove Rd.)

mtbr member
    Sounds Cool, thanks for the post!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    one of those things you ponder in life. why don't skiers like any other user group?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Howley View Post
    New locations are now official:
    Fat Bike Demo 2013

4/6: 10-4 at the Velopark
    4/7: 12-4 at Freestone Creek Trailhead (up Mt. Cove Rd.)
    Must be a half dozen Demo bikes at Velo park right now for the curious.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast