Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What time to ride in Boise?

849 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  AlliKat 
#1 ·
So, I am curious to see what you all think is the best to go riding during the summer in Boise. I know that it stays hot out pretty late here, and hopefully hell has finally passed over (the past few weeks of 100+ ever single day) but it seems I can never get away from the heat. I have lived here for 10 years and it may just be me, but it feels worse than usual. Anyways: morning rides, midday rides, evening rides or night rides. Which do you prefer?

Myself, midday. This is not much of a choice since I work during the night and sleep in til noon every day (here I am typing away at 3 AM). I am going to start waking up earlier! Better for riding if you ask me.

#6 ·
Mid Night

Two times in that last 10 days I have ridden hulls-freeway-kestrel at midnight. It has been a blast. Saw a BIG CAT near the intersection of hulls and freeway. Definelty was not a fox, dog, sheep, house cat, deer, rabbit.............BIG CAT.

Next week hoping to try and shuttle Scotts-Hulls-Freeway-Kestrel with fully charged batteries. Not sure which night yet.

I may be getting addicted to this midnight ride thing.

#10 ·
mtnbkrdr98 said:
be careful of the midnight cat thing as you don't want to be on the late night dinner menu
Amen, bro. My last solo night ride there were pictures of a huge cougar up in a tree just a quarter mile from where I was riding. Now, I use the buddy system, so there's plenty of food to go around.. :thumbsup:

CDB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.