Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

what a gorgeous day!

anybody going to ride after work? it's still pretty chilly out but otherwise a bluebird day and i hope that everyone who can gets out and enjoys it.

i'm starting to get really antsy for spring. some of my more insane perennials (plants that bloom every year) have started to show some green. brrrr...

have a great weekend everyone, hope to see some ride reports of a long, great weekend. enjoy!
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

Unrepentant Cowboy SOB
    Area Forecast For: Missoula/Bitterroot Valleys
    Issued: February 16, 2006 20:12:46 MST

Tonight: Wind chill readings 25 below to 35 below zero. Near record lows 10 below to 17 below zero. Very windy with east winds 25 to 35 mph gusting to 40 mph at times...especially near hellgate canyon and the i-90 corridor snow likely. Snow accumulation around an inch...mainly in the foothills...benches and east facing slopes..

Friday: Wind chill readings 25 below to 35 below zero in the morning. Partly cloudy with a slight chance of snow in the morning...then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs 2 to 9. East winds 15 to 25 mph.

Friday night: Wind chill readings 20 below to 30 below zero. Lows 19 below to 26 below zero. Mostly clear. Northeast winds to 15 mph in the evening.

Saturday: Mostly sunny and cold. Highs 7 to 14. Northeast winds to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday night: Partly cloudy and very cold. Lows 14 below to 21 below zero. Northeast winds to 15 mph in the evening.

Yeah enjoy, my lips are peeling right now.
    "...it feels like.....times have changed."
    "Times maybe. Not me."

South Mountain Bulimic

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MTNgirl
    anybody going to ride after work? it's still pretty chilly out but otherwise a bluebird day and i hope that everyone who can gets out and enjoys it.

i'm starting to get really antsy for spring. some of my more insane perennials (plants that bloom every year) have started to show some green. brrrr...

have a great weekend everyone, hope to see some ride reports of a long, great weekend. enjoy!
    I rode to the Halfway Cafe on Highway 16 today. One of those rides where I couldn't get warm (insert wool comment from the peanut gallery). Haven't looked at my avg. speed but I doubt it was over 15 mph. My left foot is still cold; been putting it over heater vent.

My riding bud told me it's going to be 38 and sunny tomorrow. I don't know which Super Duper Extreme Weather Center forecast he watched, but I'm thinking of staying in and avoiding the barely-over-freezing mark.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MTNgirl
    Lacing up the running shoes in about another 1.5 hours and hitting the Greenbelt unless I see some cute, single girl going to the 5:30pm Spinning class .

i'm starting to get really antsy for spring.
    You ain't the only one!!!

Still debating on whether to ride out at Swan Falls/Celebration Park tomorrow. It is cold out there!

the new Gilbert Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Still debating on whether to ride out at Swan Falls/Celebration Park tomorrow. It is cold out there!
    It's supposed to be 36 tomorrow. A full 4 degrees warmer than it's supposed to be today (although it's still not quite to the predicted 32).

I was contemplating trying to ride in the Owhyees tomorrow, but I'm not sure I feel like going that far to be cold.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Hi!!!
    Hey MTNGirl do you own a Jeep and if so were you parked outside of REI this afternoon? There was Jeep out there with "MTNGIRL" for plates. I was in there too. Sure wish I woulda rode instead . My skate skis came in so I had to get them in the shop book so that the bindings could get mounted.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hey MTNGirl do you own a Jeep and if so were you parked outside of REI this afternoon? There was Jeep out there with "MTNGIRL" for plates. I was in there too. Sure wish I woulda rode instead . My skate skis came in so I had to get them in the shop book so that the bindings could get mounted.
    Which leads me to this link about cars and "hey, were you there...."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2334039

Kidding. Of course.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Too bad you can't get out more Nick that 575 you have is a nice bike. Sounds like you deserve some much needed chamois-time.

It was nice and cold on Saturday. Trails were firm until 1pm, then the really wet spots (plz insert lewd comment here) got softer, but not that bad. Rode for 2hrs, then made sinigang (I thought you would get a kick out of that) for dinner later.

Sorry Twisted, I forgot to call you. Saw a cool Poprad disc at Jorge's. Cyclocross bike with disc....hmmm...might be time for another bike.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    It was nice and cold on Saturday. Trails were firm until 1pm, then the really wet spots (plz insert lewd comment here) got softer, but not that bad. Rode for 2hrs, then made sinigang (I thought you would get a kick out of that) for dinner later.
    Yeah, nice and solid from 9 to 11 AM yesterday and we saw no other riders. Temps apparently were between 16 and 20 degrees. We must have run into 50 runners on Rocky Canyon. Tried to ride up to Orchard Gulch, but the road turned into ice just past 3 bears. Ended up doing an out and back on 5 mile, plus 3 bears and the usual reserve stuff. I hear tell that Corrals is mostly dry these days, but I don't feel like becoming road kill on BB road.

Hi!!!
    Too bad you can't get out more Nick that 575 you have is a nice bike. Sounds like you deserve some much needed chamois-time.
    Yeah work has been sucking lately, but this past week it's been better and I have been able to get back into my normal workout routine without a lot hanging over my head.

The Yeti is on the porch now. I'm gonna swap out my Shimanos for my platform pedals. I'm selling my winter MTB shoes (Answer Kashmirs) cuz they are too big so I want to use platforms so I can wear a pair of winter boots so I can ride. I'm hoping to get in some riding this afternoon out at Wilson Creek as soon as the Daytona 500 is over. I just hope I don't get shot at.

Saw a cool Poprad disc at Jorge's. Cyclocross bike with disc....hmmm...might be time for another bike.
    One of our 2006 CX bike has discs on it. Seems somewhat odd since most of the CX bikes I have seen have cantis on them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Just called my self-professed weatherman friend, and asked him "where is the 36 degree and sunny day you promised me?"

he blamed it on weather.com, and smartly canceled our ride.
    looks like the muddy adidas get abused today.

mtbr member

hey nick

nope, i drive a white volvo with a black dog

we went to the cabin in crouch and it was so fecking cold!! we had plans to snow-shoe to this slope with some natural kickers and hit those (not on the snow-shoes ) but it never even warmed up enough after the afternoon sun to be worth the trudging.

dogs had fun. we froze our arses off and spent most of the time packing gear in and out...but fun anyway. i'm going to PM you re: some snow-shoes i'm looking at.

hope everyone has a nice day, you lucky gov. employees have tomorrow off, the trails will be all yours.
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

mtbr member

Exposure

No trees up here so me and my riding buddies found the only shade available (a "Jeepney" parked on the side of the road for some reason). Did I mention it was hot?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

90 degrees by 830am

Sunday's ride on my hometown's version of Hard Guy (it's called Veterans). On some parts of the climb, I was actually wishing it was winter! It's basically a straight up climb up the mountain (no switchbacks).

Table Rock

This is what is waiting for you G.

Opposites...

the complete opposite. Mid 20s today. Trails were super firm.

mtbr member

Can't wait...

This is what is waiting for you G.

I miss my SS! I'll try to bring some warm weather and sun with me...

Hi!!!
    You just keep that humidity over there.

How close was the mudslide to where you are at?

Just got back from a friggin' cold ride out at Wilson Creek. Rode for about 1:20hr. Saw about a dozen wild horses. My hydration tube froze about 45 mins into my ride . Something happened to my RP3. I had it on max Propedal as I was heading back to my car and about 1.5 miles away it seemed like it most of it's air pressure even though I had the lever switched to the far right for max Propedal. I'm gonna go check the pressure right now to see if I somehow lost any over the course of the ride. I hope it's nothing more than that.

Contagious Xian

Monday morning ride

Looks like it should be nice and chozen frozen tomorrow in the Boise 'hills. I am probably going to ride in the morning (attn: CBro) to avoid the mush later in the day..

Probably will ride from CB park at 9am if anyone's interested in a leisurely pedal...

Look for the mullet hairdo...

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Looks like it should be nice and chozen frozen tomorrow in the Boise 'hills. I am probably going to ride in the morning (attn: CBro) to avoid the mush later in the day..

Probably will ride from CB park at 9am if anyone's interested in a leisurely pedal...

Look for the mullet hairdo...
    I can peddle leisure suits all day. See ya there for something fairly quick.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

How much are Marta SLs in the homeland? I am so curious.

mtbr member

far

You just keep that humidity over there.

How close was the mudslide to where you are at?

Just got back from a friggin' cold ride out at Wilson Creek. Rode for about 1:20hr. Saw about a dozen wild horses. My hydration tube froze about 45 mins into my ride . Something happened to my RP3. I had it on max Propedal as I was heading back to my car and about 1.5 miles away it seemed like it most of it's air pressure even though I had the lever switched to the far right for max Propedal. I'm gonna go check the pressure right now to see if I somehow lost any over the course of the ride. I hope it's nothing more than that.
    the landslides were 400 miles away. We've been getting lots of sun where I am.

Do a search for "RP3" and "stuck down" to find out the cure for your shock woes. It might be time for a Push job.

mtbr member

i haven't seen Maguras here...

How much are Marta SLs in the homeland? I am so curious.
    All I've seen are Avid Juicy and Shimano hydros... Prices are a little less than in the US of A.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Do a search for "RP3" and "stuck down" to find out the cure for your shock woes. It might be time for a Push job.
    Ian (Ivan_the_ Terrible) doesn't think it's that. My shock is fully uncompressed when there is no weight on the bike. Now that I'm on a faster computer at work I'm gonna do some research into it. More than likely though the Yeti is gonna find it's way to the excellent guys at Reeds sometime this week.

roar

cold but fun

Hmmm. Turns out 10 is not my favorite number... when its the number of degrees outside! I could handle a couple more degrees this morning. Heres my trail report from the weekend... it rocked. I rode Saturday and then was out pretty much all day Sunday. Yeah, it was cold, but I will take that any day if the trails stay nice and solid like they did this weekend. Everything is great. The trails are drier than they have been in a long time and what isn't dry is frozen. I was out until 3:30 and things were just not getting soft. Hoorray for a kick a$$ weekend on the bike!
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast