King of the Barneys

We beat the rain!

Hit it early with the Parker, or King Kahona, and got a great little ride in before the rain started in earnest, but we did, out of good conscience, cut the ride short when we were up a ways and the sprinkling started getting serious. We were amazed at the army of runners out, you'd think the Robie Creek race was coming up or something...

Hope the Owyhees ride works out for the local bretheren tomorrow...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Contagious Xian

There's only one way to the top...

You forgot to mention that we rode up Hulls (satisfying those who advocate for a strict enforcement but disappointing those same folk as we 180'd and flew down the same way) and that you climbed up the rocky part on Father Titus without dabbing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I got slammed by the rain and wind. I started up Corrals, then decided to see how far up hard guy I could go before hitting the snowline. I actually got pretty far before the rain started, transitioned to hail and beat the crap out of me. The lightning add an interesting twist to the descent as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    ...we rode up Hulls (satisfying those who advocate for a strict enforcement but disappointing those same folk as we 180'd and flew down the same way)
    Hey, I made it out from the snow-covered mountains for a ride on Boise's trails Saturday too! Camelback Park up some trail and onto Kestrel and up and down something else. I'm in pretty sad shape for riding, so I hope no one saw me! I was wondering as I was climbing if there is an indicated direction for the trails (or even an unspoken one). I didn't see anything on the trail maps but now your comment made me wonder again-

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    I was wondering as I was climbing if there is an indicated direction for the trails (or even an unspoken one). I didn't see anything on the trail maps but now your comment made me wonder again-
    There ain't none.

I think Bombin4X was being sarcastic in reference to an earlier post (from last week I think) in which a poster said that Hulls should only be one way.

mtbr member
    Ahhh, thanks

Contagious Xian
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    There ain't none.

I think Bombin4X was being sarcastic in reference to an earlier post (from last week I think) in which a poster said that Hulls should only be one way.
    Shame on me, I couldn't resist stealing the bacon left oh so tastily out there..