mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Warm Springs Mesa biking?

Hi there, wondering if anyone has bike on what appears to be trails up above Warm Springs Mesa?
    I was on google maps above Warms Springs Mesa and see a bunch of trails or at least they appear to
    be trails to lead all and around up there and over to Table Rock? Has anyone been there or know if these
    trails are good to ride? Thanks.

Also noticed further south a trail called Homestead trail that turns into Lucky Peak Trail, are these ridable?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    The best place to find trails in Boise is Ridge to Rivers.
    Interactive Map - City of Boise

Both of these are very rideable just not right now. Both looked to still have some snow and muddy during the day.

The best way to get to the Plateau above Warm Springs Mesa is go to the Old Pen and start up the Old Pen Trail (15A) or Table Rock Trail (15) then turn off on the Table Rock loop(16) and Rock Garden Trail. There is a nice set of branching trails and some skills sections (if you are into that). You can ride the loops until you get sick of it and descend the way you came or take Tram Trail (14), my recommendation, back down. Just be aware there is one section of Rock Garden Trail(16B West) that leads to Tram Trail that is an advanced section (ie rock faces and ledges) so if that isn't you then find the other access point to Tram Trail.

Homestead is a nice grueling climb. 2 miles and 1000ft of vertical with very few flat spots. It is a great training trail for there-and-back or combine with Lucky peak trail. Our company race starts at the Lucky 13 Bar, up Homestead to Lucky Peak Trail (500 ft Vert down then 600-700 ft Vert up ~2mi) to Cobb Trail back to Warm Springs Ave. All in all about 1700Ft of climbing, 9mi total and some pretty good trails. Lucky Peak Trail is motorized too so it does have some washed out portions so be careful.

Once the season hits Rock Garden will be my quick after work ride and Homestead my once or twice a week trainer. Military Reserve park and Camelsback Park are the most popular starting points with tons of options branching from there. Other than that look at R2R site for options and feel free to ask people on the Forums.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I heard they were rideable, but they are not yet.

FASTER, DAMIT, FASTER
    Sep 2008
    This is what you can expect from the trails on table rock:

Mountain biking Table Rock Technical - YouTube
    DON'T EXTINGUISH THE STOKE.