mtbr member

Visiting Kalispell and need places to play

Wife is from Kalispell and we will be coming home for 10 days starting next week. Will be bringing my XC FS and hard tail. Any suggestions for treks in Kalispell or Whitefish area? Will need some areas for just me, more on the technical side is better, and then someplace to take the wife for a nice ride. (She is not so fond of roots, logs, etc ) Or perhaps just a good bike shop to visit and find a map or 2 and pick the minds of the locals.

Thanks for any advice

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Bike shop: Glacier Cyclery (Whitefish)
    rides: Reid divide, Spencer Mountain, Alpine trail #7, Whitefish Mountain.
    Glacier Cyclery's shop and website has all the details.

If you haven't been to Glacier National Park, I recommend giving up a day of biking in order to check out the park.

mtbr member
    Yea we went to Glacier about 2 yrs ago and plan on going again this visit, it is a definite must. Thanks for the info and I will check out Glacier Cyclery's website.

mtbr member
    PM me. I can show you around. My wife rides too.

mtbr member
    Only if we get to ride in the big school bus....

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Me too! I'm in town this week from my annual pilgrimage to the area and am looking for other strong adventurous riders. GC is a great shop and sell a handy trail guide to the area. I have 2, both left at home. :-( I'll likely be stopping in to pick up #3. The Flathead NF map is handy as well. I only have one of those (but is also at home).

The Reid Divide + Bill Creek loop is a great ride. I've ridden it the last couple of years. Looking for something new this year.

There are also a bunch of rides close to Kalispell. Heron Park and The Pig Farm are both great spots if you only have a couple of hours. The Pig Farm has more shade (and more trails) so likely a better choice this time of year. Some rooty sections and small climbs, but mostly just fun flowy single track. It would a good w/wife option.

If you (or anyone else) are around this Thu, Fri, or Sat and up for a ride drop me a PM.

Cheers,
    Geary

mtbr member
    I have Fri, Sat and Sun off this week. PM me and we can ride.

BearDance
    Columbia Mountain
    Strawberry Lake
    Peters Ridge
    Mt Marston
    Wolf Creek