mtbr member
    Nov 2005

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Ooooh, I really like the sound of a freeride park in Boise.

Since Ussery is getting developed, Sherman Street neighbors are getting pissed, and Willow is not looking pretty, This will be a welcome addition to the biking scene here.

Anyone know if it's planned to be indoors or outdoors? Maybe it'll be a Ray's type of place with North Shore stuff all built up...

Hi!!!
    If I understand correctly, this group is looking for land that is easily accessible by bike so obviously anything off the Greenbelt is ideal. There was a recent editorial in the Statesman and it mentioned that all of this will be outdoors unlike that Ray's thing where it's indoors.

Since the Barber area is being developed, I was thinking that would be an ideal place for this thing to go in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    If I understand correctly, this group is looking for land that is easily accessible by bike so obviously anything off the Greenbelt is ideal. There was a recent editorial in the Statesman and it mentioned that all of this will be outdoors unlike that Ray's thing where it's indoors.

Since the Barber area is being developed, I was thinking that would be an ideal place for this thing to go in.
    isn't the barber pools area all wetlands?

i know a lot of that land is owned by Idaho Parks and Rec...what kind of "development" are they planning? are we thinking of the same area?

they are supposed to be building a new simplot park near my house...at pleasanton...and the greenbelt..just west of 27th street. i think that park is supposed to have ball fields and such..it's a pretty big area:

Last edited by garnetspur; 03-21-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    isn't the barber pools area all wetlands?

i know a lot of that land is owned by Idaho Parks and Rec...what kind of "development" are they planning? are we thinking of the same area?
    With the passage of the big Boise school bond, isn't the Barber area where they are planning on putting the new East Jr. High as well as a new HS football stadium? Not sure of the exact location, but I was thinking that somewhere near there would be a good spot for this velodrome complex.