mtbr member

Updated R2R website with updated trail conditions

We've updated the R2R website with a spreadsheet/matrix of the latest Foothills Trail Conditions (based on R2R Ranger reports). Please check it out... We hope to update the trail conditions (at least on the most used trails) on a daily basis weather permitting.
    http://www.ridgetorivers.org/

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Great idea but you should serve the data using an internet standard. Export the spreadsheet to pdf or html and more people will be able to use it. Without the expense of Excel to boot!

Smash the Microsoft state!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Great idea but you should serve the data using an internet standard. Export the spreadsheet to pdf or html and more people will be able to use it. Without the expense of Excel to boot!

Smash the Microsoft state!
    Great idea on the html... We'll incorporate that...

mtbr member

Update

We won't be able to update the R2R website with Trail Conditions until 1/7/08 so I thought I'd post this here...
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Do the grey bars in the spreadsheet simply mean "no report available?"

BTW, there are plenty of free viewers available that will let you look at MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint docs without having to plunk down mucho dinero. I use StarOffice myself, from pack.google.com.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by justen
    Do the grey bars in the spreadsheet simply mean "no report available?"

BTW, there are plenty of free viewers available that will let you look at MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint docs without having to plunk down mucho dinero. I use StarOffice myself, from pack.google.com.
    Hey J,
    The blanks rows are because we haven't had a Ranger out there to do a trail conditions report OR the report that we do have are no longer current. As it stands, even the daily updated reports are time specific since conditions at 12pm may not be the same as 3pm conditions.

Is StarOffice freeware?
    G

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Hey J,
    The blanks rows are because we haven't had a Ranger out there to do a trail conditions report OR the report that we do have are no longer current. As it stands, even the daily updated reports are time specific since conditions at 12pm may not be the same as 3pm conditions.

Is StarOffice freeware?
    G
    StarOffice is total freeware. I use it at home where I want compatibility with the MS Office suite but don't want to shell out the money. Check out www.pack.google.com. StarOffice is a fully capable spreadsheet, word proc, presentation, and diagram program.

Anyway, thanks for the trail reports. I've been out of state for a few weeks and just getting home this evening, or perhaps tomorrow morning depending on flight delays.

mtbr member
    Thanks dude! I'll check it out. We're doing the Owhyees tomorrow if you have time...

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    yah...it is freeware. Google recommends that you have broadband to download Staroffice, i.e. it is up to 210MB in size. On an interesting note, you can do load Adobe reader from the same URL.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member

Updated from yesterday and today...

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files