sharing the love

The Ultimate Dork Loop

= anything in the Boise foothills.

From reading this silly forum, I have determined that anything that is under 20 miles long and is in the Boise foothills is a dork loop and/or barney loop.

BUT, everyone on this board seems to ride them all the time anyway...

Hmmmmm.
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

Hoops - Big and Small

Double Dork

[QUOTE=zebdi]From reading this silly forum, I have determined that anything that is under 20 miles long and is in the Boise foothills is a dork loop and/or barney loop.
    QUOTE]

Two 10's = Bigger Barney

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by zebdi
    = anything in the Boise foothills.

From reading this silly forum, I have determined that anything that is under 20 miles long and is in the Boise foothills is a dork loop and/or barney loop.

BUT, everyone on this board seems to ride them all the time anyway...

Hmmmmm.
    Hmmmm, here's my story, fwiw. I'd gotten pretty bored with the foothills over 6 yrs ago, then went mainly to SS, which helped for a few years. Got some lights, that helped again, and then discovered the upper trails, Stack Rock, et al., which after they've been to the city, how ya gonna keep em down on the farm?? No Comparison!

I love the Bogus-area trails, and find the extra 20 or 30 minutes ride up to be well worth it. But for a real quick spin with a buddy to get caught up on life, and do a short ride, the various dork loops do in a pinch.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Hi!!!
    I'm a Dork Loop afficianado!!! The shorter the better!!!!

Just like everyone else around here, there are other things going on in my life, so time...especially outdoor play time...can be hard to come by in copious amounts. Enter the Dork Loops! Corrals, Military Reserve, Hulls/Freeway/Kestrel, quick loops out at Wilson Creek. They are short. They are not hard. They are within minutes of my office (well except for Wilson Creek). Gotta love 'em. Doing those gives me enough time in the rest of the evening to take care of other crap...especially on days when I bring work home . Blech!!!

Sure those Dork Loops can get old and stale, but hey...at least you're riding and I think that's what counts for me!

mtbr member

Dork?

I believe that it's called the Dork loops mostly because of all the use it gets in the summer. However, I personally, like being able to ride 1/4 mile away from my house and be able to do a 1 hour quickie or a 4 or 5 hour climb-fest. It's also great in winter when I can check on a trail that is 1/2 block away from my house during the dog walk/run and realize that the foothills would be in great riding condition and get out there and knock a quick frozen ride in. Given a choice, most on this board would probably dig living within riding distance of the dork loops... I certainly do.
    Just my $.02

roar

Im with ya!

Maybe its cause I havent been riding for years like mosta you guys, but I pretty much don't care where I am if I'm on my bike. I can do corralls a million times and it beats the heck out of pretty much anything else I could be doing. Sure I have my favorite trails, and newer ones are always exciting, but the bottom line is I like to ride my bike.

One more thing. "Dork Loop" is said with tongue in cheek. We all ride it and we all (or most of us) like it. The Boise Foothills rock. Every morning I look down on the city lights (yep, from the dork loop) and I am so grateful I live somewhere where I have such easy access to such a cool trail system.
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

sharing the love

No offense......this time

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbarbie
    One more thing. "Dork Loop" is said with tongue in cheek. We all ride it and we all (or most of us) like it.
    Exactly my point. A while back, it seemed that Hulls/Crestline was THE dork loop. But recently, it seems that every time someone goes for a ride on whatever trail, they call it the dork loop. I'm not saying that Boise trails are lame (I'm not even going to touch that one); I was just poking fun at the fact that all these trails are dork loops yet we all ride them all the time. Eventually, it will be that if a trail has been ridden by anyone, ever before, it is a dork loop (or out 'n back....or lollypop....or shuttle....)

That's all.

Barney Dorkmeister
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    [QUOTE=Crash_Burn]
    QUOTE]

Two 10's = Bigger Barney
    Very Funny--seriously.
    [

mtbr member

True

Eventually, it will be that if a trail has been ridden by anyone, ever before, it is a dork loop (or out 'n back....or lollypop....or shuttle....)
    We probably need a criteria of when a trail qualifes for dorkage... Maybe we can say it has become of the dork trail system after it has been posted here...hehe...
    There is this trail that I found exploring that had no tire tracks and it was still absolutely pure singletrack (from game and cows). Unfortunately it was only a mile long... for now... Gotta name it one day...
    It's been a long time since I've seen singletrack this close in town that is less than a foot wide (this trail is about 6" or so).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    I'm not saying that Boise trails are lame....
    Naw, you already said that. I think it was your first post.

Contagious Xian

Idea! Oh I hope..

..it either dries up or freezes so we can all go out and ride instead of posting such dorky stuff. That goes doubly-especially for me and my weak sauce posts....I need to be fit for Moab in May dabnabit.
    Last edited by Bombin4X; 01-31-2006 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Overwhelming dorkiness corroded my brain