mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Good job! Trails near Twin Falls, ID (Indian Spring Trails)

We have a map of one of the nearby locations to mountain bike in Twin Falls, ID.

Indian Spring Trails

These trails are very well marked and fun to ride, great single track and almost always rideable conditions.

mtbr member

Nice Map!

Great Map!

How late in the year can you ride these trails?

mtbr member
    Im moving there in 2 weeks. On face book look up souther idaho mounyain bike association.

they told me it's possible to ride every month of the year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    There are definitely days from every month year round that it is rideable out there, but daily riding should be available almost clear through November, sometimes well into Dec. The winter months are less predictable, but the wind moves the snow off quite regularly, and I've ridden on Christmas & New Years several times when it was solid dirt everywhere.

Usually, the snow clears off, so as long as the temps are freezing, or start riding early in the morning, it is pretty good. Later in the day it can get greasy.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    How are the trails riding recently?

mtbr member
    lots of wind.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    I wish there were a webcam on top of the mountain there, with a windspeed indicator in the frame. I would love to know how it is before deciding to come down from Teton Valley this winter....

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Well? Snow?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    No snow on the ground yet. A group of us did a night ride last night. It was 46 degrees at the top, no wind, and a clear moonlit night. Trails are all dry and ride-able at the moment.

mtbr member

Idea! Current weather Wundermap

Here is a Wundermap weather link with individual weather stations on it for the Twin/Indian area.

Plenty of map options to turn on and off in the right margin. Not a cam but this will give you an idea of what is going on. Wishes really do come true!
    Last edited by chukt; 11-28-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: additions

mtbr member
    Give one of us a call at Spoke and Wheel Bike Shop 208-734-60three three and ask for current conditions, we ride year around out there and if we haven't been out one of our customers has.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Updates with pics, anyone? I am itching for a road trip!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    The lower trails are drying out, but up higher there are big wind blown snow cornices and MUD. It is not possible to ride the outer loops or the east side up Dry Gulch at all. a week or two of dry weather and that should change.

Mikey

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyonthemadone View Post
    The lower trails are drying out

Mikey
    So some of it is rideable then? Any trail recommendations for a total newb? Hoping to hit it in the next couple days.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I havent been out there recently, but if anything is rideable it will be the lower stuff. Sweet-n-low, Jummi, Skull

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    How about at night/early am? Frozen?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    The weather is warm enough right now I don't think they trails will be freezing much. But I also think things will dry out pretty fast. The lower stuff, Jummi, Skull, Sweet and Low, Backdoor, Brennan, and Swami are ride-able now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I checked this out today and it was AWESOME! Well, for around Twin Falls anyway. There are definitely good trails ready to ride.

Started out on Sugarloaf. It was nice until around the first stream crossing where there are some short snow patches. Had to carry the bike, rather than the other way around. To really be fully rideable this trail needs a few more days.

Followed (lower) Sugarloaf to the high trailhead, and did not go any farther to the south. Everything up on this hill is dry and snow free, but the draws are a bit snowy. The road itself is in good shape but I am not sure it is open for motorized yet.

Descended Brennan and Swami. Perhaps not the wisest choice for a total newb.....but these trails are a blast and in great shape.

Then, from the parking area, rode the fence line around the ranch and made a loop out of Raggitt, Middle Skills, Jummi, and returned via Sweet n' Low. All are in great shape, no mud, no wet, no snow.

cheers

Trails near Twin Falls, ID (Indian Spring Trails)-1-imag0377.jpgTrails near Twin Falls, ID (Indian Spring Trails)-4-imag0383.jpgTrails near Twin Falls, ID (Indian Spring Trails)-2-imag0378.jpgTrails near Twin Falls, ID (Indian Spring Trails)-3-imag0380.jpg

jalepenio jimenez
    sweet looking trails. doesn't look like horses or cattle have been on them yet.
    ahh...you've gotta love the sound of high speed rolling on buffed Idaho dirt. I definitely need to get me some of that!
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

mtbr member
    Quite a bit more has opened up, but the streams are running in Dry Gulch from the melt off we had last week. Most West side trails are open.

Mikey