Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,636

    Are the trails around Bogus OHV legal?

    For years I've ridden my motorcycle from Dry Creek Road all the way to Stackrock and even the Bogus lodge by way of the many meandering miles of trails. Now that there are plans for more trails around Bogus... are motorized vehicles prohibited? Have they always been?

    I've never seen a "no motorcycle" sign. FWIW, all my bikes have an OHV sticker and two of them are dualsport street legal.

    Just wondering before I head up there this spring and powershift myself into one of you cheerleaders discussing who hasn't been laid the longest.

  2. #2
    26er
    Reputation: smilycook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,961

    Not OHV legal around bogus

    All of the trails around bogus and stack rock are closed to motorized vehicals and always have been. The way that you can tell is by looking at the boise national forest map and you will see that the forest plan has the area around bogus as an F area and the area around dry creek as area C. In area F motorized vehicals are limited to dirt roads only and in area C they are limited to designated trails.

    So basically you are not allowed to ride your dirt bike anywhere around Bogus or Stack Rock or on dry creek.
    Live to ride!

    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,636
    Thanks for the info. Last summer I was riding up to Spring Valley Ranch and over to Stack Rock for a drink break.... on my CRF450R. Never saw another rider (pedal or braap braap).
    You still have the 250 pumpkin??

    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    All of the trails around bogus and stack rock are closed to motorized vehicals and always have been. The way that you can tell is by looking at the boise national forest map and you will see that the forest plan has the area around bogus as an F area and the area around dry creek as area C. In area F motorized vehicals are limited to dirt roads only and in area C they are limited to designated trails.

    So basically you are not allowed to ride your dirt bike anywhere around Bogus or Stack Rock or on dry creek.

  4. #4
    26er
    Reputation: smilycook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,961

    still got the pumpkin 250

    Last time I rode it was at the end of october, I will definatly be getting out on it after the end of ski season.

    wouldn't mind getting a 200 two stroke one of these days...
    Live to ride!

    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,636
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    Last time I rode it was at the end of october, I will definatly be getting out on it after the end of ski season.

    wouldn't mind getting a 200 two stroke one of these days...
    I rode the 06 KTM 200 XC-W. It's very, very fun.

  6. #6
    26er
    Reputation: smilycook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,961
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    I rode the 06 KTM 200 XC-W. It's very, very fun.
    I was eyeing that bike, it looks like just enought bike to not kill me which I am sure the 300 would do

    Are you gonna go pumpkin? Once you go pumpkin you can never go back..
    Live to ride!

    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,636
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    I was eyeing that bike, it looks like just enought bike to not kill me which I am sure the 300 would do

    Are you gonna go pumpkin? Once you go pumpkin you can never go back..
    I've heard that, hahaha. Seriously, I like them for purely off-road riding, but the linkless rear suspension kills me on motocross tracks or playriding with big whoops in succession. Yeah, they say it's all in the setup, but a linkage system exists on dirt bikes for a reason (in my opinion); yes, I have the recommended 107mm sag, and am not setting them up like a Honda.

    I spent considerable time on the 450 exc, the 300 xc, the 525exc, the 200 exc and xcw and 250 xc; only if I never set foot on a sx/mx track. Sigh. I have not ridden the 250SX-F, but would like to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •