mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Trail suggestions? Traveling I-15 from L.A. To Darby MT - Looking for XC rides

Hi all, a few of us are heading from Los Angeles up to Darby MT in early June to visit family and decided to do a road trip instead of flying to get some cool trails in along the way.

We will be taking I-15 all the way up and would appreciate any ride suggestions that would take us through some scenic areas, we plan on taking lots of photos and taking in the views! We will be going through Utah, and Idaho. We typically do rides between 15-20 miles with about 3k elevation so something along those lines would be perfect for us

I'd appreciate any and all help, even some ride suggestions for the area of Darby as we will be spending a week in that area while visiting Montana.

Thanks and look forward to talking with you

Greg
    "save a plant, eat an animal"

mtbr member
    May 2011
    For Darby area:

Lots of singletrack trails in the Darby, MT to Salmon, ID area. In early June, the really high country trails will be a crapshoot yet snow wise. Its been a less than steller snow year though so may be mostly melted out by then. For some ideas on trails, check out the following sites.

bitterrootbackcountrycyclists.org
    idaholosttrails.blogspot.com
    skidmap.com
    singletracks.com
    everytrail.com

These will show lots of trails from around Darby to about 100 miles south. There are numerous singletrack trails in the Lost Trail Pass, Chief Joseph Pass, Darby, North Fork, and Salmon areas. Also bike shops in Hamilton and Salmon. Have a great trip and let us know what trails you rode.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    sidehiller1, thanks for the links! I will start looking and sorting through these sites to try and get a list together...I'll definitely update this thread in June when we finish our trip.

Anyone else with suggestions/ideas/recommendations please continue to post!

mtbr member
    It pains me to recommend something not in Idaho, but everyone tells me it rips and isn't far from I-15-
    http://www.cornercanyontrails.com/wp...Trails2012.jpg

Also, Check out the trails in Hurricane/St.George in southern Utah
    Last edited by Wayndar; 04-18-2013 at 09:13 AM.

mtbr member

Corner Canyon

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I happen to live in Darby. Depending on the quality of beer you bring I might be able to show you around. Also, contact Chad at Red Barn Bicycles.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Burto View Post
    I happen to live in Darby. Depending on the quality of beer you bring I might be able to show you around. Also, contact Chad at Red Barn Bicycles.
    Haha, I just told the group about this post, we may just be in contact with you and take you up on that offer!