ito
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Trail guide for areas between Lander and Boise?

I'm going to be driving from Lander, WY to Boise, ID in early June and I'll have my bike with me. I'm hoping to get on some of the trails somewhere between those spots and there seems to be an overwhelming amount. I'll have 2-4 days that can be taken up by riding and I'm not exactly sure where to start.

Is there a good guide book for that area? Any spots I should head to and just hang out for a couple of days (cool town, plenty of trails, tasty beers, etc.).

I'm looking for technical trails of the up and down variety. I like fast single track and I'm not afraid of being out in the mountains on an all day epic. Not looking for shuttle runs or trails with lots of stunts, just some good honest mountain biking.

I've heard a lot about Idaho's singletrack, definitely looking forward to sampling some of it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Lots of info in the sticky's at the top of the page, Boise, Sun Valley/Sawtooths, Teton Valley/Jackson.

Good Dirt I think is the Sun Valley area guidebook and the Teton Valley guidebook is called the Wydaho Mountain bike guide, available here: Teton Valley Trails and Pathways Memberships.

ito
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Ya, I have been making my way through the stickies, but was looking for suggestions for a good book on the area and suggestions on a town that would hold the interest of a solo traveler for a couple of days.

I'll check out Good Dirt, thanks for the suggestion. From my reading it sounds like Sun Valley is the place to go. Hell, just the name Sun Valley has me dreaming about singletrack.